Watch the following video for an overview of how to submit an assignment, then review the instructions below.
When you've finished reading the instructions; try the practice activity below.
Login to your learnOnline course site.
- Click Assessment .
- Drag and drop your assignment file onto the page. Alternatively you can search your assignment on your computer by clicking the folder icon in the top left corner.
- The submission status displays Submitted for grading .
Some of these cookies are essential for the website to function correctly, while others may collect your personal information. In some cases, the personal information collected by our cookies may be shared with third party service providers.
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.
Your cookie preferences
UniSA recommends the use of all cookies to provide you with the optimal experience while visiting our website. Choose below to accept the recommended settings or continue to adjust your individual preferences.
Adjust your settings
Assessment: Submit Assignment Files
Common questions, student help.
You can try the practice activity below and practise how to submit assignments: Assignment Submission practice activity For more about submitting assignments see the resource Assignment: Start Guide for Students
Steps to Submit
Login to your learnonline course site.
- Click Assessment .
- Drag and drop your assignment file onto the page. Alternatively you can search your assignment on your computer by clicking the folder icon in the top left corner.
- The submission status displays Submitted for grading.
Was this answer helpful?
Other related questions
- Assessments: Start Guide for Students
- Assessment: Request an Extension
- Assessment: Invigilated Online Exams
- Assessment: Media Assignments (Video and Audio)
- Assessment: Turnitin Originality Report
- Teaching Innovation Unit
- TEL work requests
- Professional Development
- IT Help Desk
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
How to use MyUnisa to submit your Unisa assignments online
Are you an enrolled student at the University of South Africa (Unisa) who is having trouble submitting your assignments? Assignments for Unisa can be turned in online through the myUnisa dashboard, in a box designated for that purpose, by mail to the University of South Africa, or by courier.
Assignments at UNISA help you master the material and be ready for exams while also assisting instructors in determining your understanding of the subject.
They are necessary and required, and you cannot take the exam unless you have finished the corresponding tasks.
It is important to always keep a copy of your assignment in case the university does not receive an assignment and you are requested to re-submit a copy.
Watch this video which shows you how to prepare, format, complete & submit Unisa assignments or read the guide below.
How to submit Unisa assignments
Here is a step-by-step instruction for submitting online assignments.
To submit an assignment, use a ﬁle format that can be uploaded to myUnisa. These formats are listed in the “ Specify the type of ﬁle ” drop-down list on the submission screen.
A pdf ﬁle is the preferred option (formatting and layout are retained). Do not submit assignments in write-protected/read-only pdf formats. Use only the Adobe pdf format.
Information on pdf converters can be found on your dashboard under “ Electronic resources ”. Navigate to the assignments tool to start the process.
When you click “ Continue ”, your assignment will be uploaded to the Unisa network.
This may take several minutes depending on the size of your assignment and the speed of your internet connection.
Once the assignment is received, its details will be displayed on your screen for ﬁnal checking. You can either go back and make corrections or click on the “ Submit assignment ” to submit it.
Ensure that your answers to multiple-choice questions are ready before connecting to the internet. It will cost you money to work out answers while online. Check for mistakes before submitting your Unisa assignment.
Don’t wait until the closing date
Try to submit your assignments at least 3 working days before the due date, as you may experience unforeseen problems (e.g. your internet connection is down) on the day you want to submit my Unisa assignments.
Don’t run into grace period issues
Don’t submit the same assignment via two separate channels (eg myUnisa and the post). Any documents/assignments uploaded to your myUnisa admin must be virus-free.
If you repeatedly submit documents with viruses, you may lose the right to use my Unisa student portal.
Assignments of modules offered fully online must be submitted online. Hard copy unisa assignments submitted for online modules will be returned to the student unmarked.
Assignments submitted via myUnisa admin which are marked onscreen (except multiple-choice question assignments, blogs, portfolios, and discussion forums) will be available for viewing on my.unisa.ac.za.
Notiﬁcation of the marked assignment (together with a link) will be sent to your myLife e-mail account. Download your marked assignment, so that you have access to it even when you are offline.
Unisa’s Assignment Division does not accept requests to cancel assignments submitted via myUnisa. It is your responsibility to ensure that the content of your assignment is correct before you submit it.
How to submit MCQ answers via Unisa MCQ app
The Unisa students can now submit their multiple-choice assignments via their mobile phones or tablets.
And here’s how to submit your multiple-choice assignment answers using the Unisa mobile application (Unisa MCQ app).
Steps to follow:
- Download and install the Unisa MCQ app from Google Play Store
- Install and start the application on your phone
- Select the “MCQ Assignment” option
- Login with your myUnisa* credentials
- Select your module
- Select the appropriate unique assignment number
- Select appropriate answers to the assignment questions
- Send your answers
- Receive immediate onscreen confirmation
Submitting via assignment boxes
If you live near Pretoria, Midrand, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Polokwane, or Durban and prefer to deliver your completed assignments personally, you may post your assignments in the assignment boxes, preferably two days prior to the assignment due date, at these Unisa campuses.
Do not post envelopes containing money in any of the assignment boxes. The University of South Africa does everything possible to ensure that assignments reach us safely, but the university cannot take responsibility for the loss of assignments as a result of fire or theft.
Assignments posted to the university must be in the envelopes supplied to you when you registered. Except for weekends and public holidays, the assignment boxes are emptied daily by Unisa staff.
The collection time is approximately 07:00.
If you submit an assignment via an assignment box and do not receive a confirmation via SMS from Unisa within 7 working days of submitting the assignment, contact the Assignment Division.
For more on myUnisa assignment, visit Unisa assignment info page .
Frequently asked questions
How do i submit unisa assignments.
To submit your assignment, 1. Load assignment file from your PC to myUnisa dashboard, 2. Verify the file details for final submission of your written assignment, 3. Click on the Return to Assignment List button to go back to the Assignment overview screen.
Where do I find Unisa assignments?
How to get unisa assignments
You can find Assignment results on your dashboard. 1. On the right side of your screen, click on the first important links ( Submit assignments (MCQ & File uploads ) 2. Enter your student number and password to log in. 3. You will receive an SMS with your assignment result as soon as the result becomes available.
How do I check my Unisa assignments?
You can myunisa Assignment results by; 1. logging into your myUnisa to view your results online OR. 2. Enquire via email to the email address: [email protected] (indicate your student number in the subject heading).
Does Unisa accept late assignments?
All assignments must be submitted on or before a specified due date for marking. No late assignments will be marked. Due to the tight time constraints of fitting everything into a semester, UNISA does not consider late assignments for marking.
What is the pass mark for Unisa assignments?
50% UNISA requires an average mark of 50% for a pass.
What is unisa portfolio assignment?
As part of your assessment you may be asked to submit a Portfolio.
Portfolio are summative assessment but will be administer via the assignment submission platforms or as indicated in the TL 101. The results of your non-venue based summative assessment, wil
How to login to uj ulink: university of johannesburg student portal, how to access the university of kwazulu-natal's student portal, ukzn student central, related articles.
Apply for the University of Johannesburg (UJ) 2024 Admissions
Apply for the University of Mpumalanga (UMP) 2024 Admissions
Unisa Extends Application Closing Date for 2024 Admissions
Which universities are still open for applications for 2024 in south africa.
How Do I Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2024?
How Do I Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2024?: How do I submit an assignment?
At the University of South Africa (UNISA), all assignments should be submitted online through the Internet using myUnisa site. You have to log in as a myUnisa user and assign yourself a password before you can use the online assignment submission features on myUnisa. MyUnisa may only be used by students who enrolled for the current academic year.
Submitting assignments on time is a crucial aspect of academic life at the University of South Africa (Unisa). With the advent of technology, Unisa provides an online platform called myUnisa, which facilitates the submission of assignments conveniently and efficiently. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of submitting assignments to myUnisa for the year 2024, ensuring you can navigate the system with ease and meet your submission deadlines. The University of South Africa (Unisa), the only higher education institution to carry the name of the country, is the people’s university in every sense of the word. Throughout its history, spanning 15 decades, Unisa has responded to the developments brought about by changing times, the needs of a developing country and society at large, and an ever-evolving higher education environment. This was achieved through ongoing and dynamic transitioning. Unisa’s journey has been one of continuous growth and transformation, aimed at shaping tomorrow through education.
Step 1: Accessing myUnisa
- Log in to myUnisa:
Visit the Unisa website and navigate to the myUnisa login page. Enter your student number and password to access your account.
- Navigate to the Assignments Section:
Once logged in, locate and click on the “Assignments” section. This section may be located on the main dashboard or on the specific module/course page.
Step 2: Uploading Your Assignment
- Select the Relevant Course:
If you have multiple courses, choose the course for which you wish to submit the assignment. Click on the corresponding course title or module.
- Locate the Assignment:
Within the course or module page, find the specific assignment you want to submit. Read the assignment instructions and guidelines carefully.
- Prepare Your Assignment File:
Ensure that your assignment is saved in a compatible file format (e.g., PDF, DOC, or DOCX). Review the assignment requirements regarding file naming conventions, formatting, and any additional instructions provided by your lecturer.
- Click on the “Submit” or “Upload” Button:
Select the appropriate button to initiate the assignment submission process. This may be labelled as “Submit Assignment,” “Upload File,” or something similar.
- Upload Your Assignment File:
A file upload dialogue box or interface will appear. Click on the “Choose File” or “Browse” button to locate and select your assignment file from your computer or device.
- Confirm and Submit:
After selecting your file, review the file name to ensure it is correct. Double-check that you have selected the correct assignment to submit. Once you are confident, click on the “Submit” or “Upload” button to finalize the submission.
Read Also: MyUnisa Registration 2023-2024
The method of submitting assignments
Please remember that submission must be ON or BEFORE the due date. If there is a consistent problem with the Unisa servers two days prior to the due date, we automatically extend the due date for a week (Also the section on Possible Problems). Remember that the automatic extension of one assignment does NOT imply an extension of the follow-up assignments, you must therefore continue with your study programme as initially planned and not adjust your schedule according to the new date.
Electronic submission: Using this method, the assignment must be admitted through the SOL server https://sol.unisa.ac.za). Do NOT e-mail your assignment to the lecturers please since it cannot be marked by the computer program which marks the incoming assignments. How Do I Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2023?
Postal submission: Put your assignment in a Unisa envelope and post it to Unisa. (Use the services and procedures booklet, that you have received with your registration papers if you have any queries in this regard.
Step 3: Confirming Submission and Receipt
- Confirmation Message:
After successfully submitting your assignment, you will usually receive a confirmation message or notification on the screen. This message will acknowledge that your assignment has been received.
- Save or Print Confirmation:
It is advisable to save or print the confirmation message as proof of your submission. This can be helpful in case of any disputes or technical issues that may arise.
- Double-check Submission Status:
If available, navigate to the “Submissions” or “Submitted Assignments” section to confirm that your assignment appears as submitted. Ensure that the submitted file is the correct one and that it is visible in the system.
How do I access my Unisa assignment online?
Go to https://my.unisa.ac.za and log in with your student number and password. If you haven’t yet activated your myUnisa account and claimed your myLife e-mail account, click on “Claim Unisa login” on the homepage of myUnisa and follow the instructions. Click on the myModules tab/link at the top of the screen.
Here are three ways to confirm if your assignments have been submitted successfully:
- You will receive a simple status message when you send an assignment. If the message reads ‘Assignment received in good order,’ Unisa has successfully received your assignment.
- On submission, you will receive a receipt with a distinctive track as well as a trace number.
- After the successful submission of an assignment, your list of assignments for each module on myUnisa will be updated immediately.
Please note: Assignments submitted through myUnisa online will be marked online. The marked assignments will be returned to students to be available online. If you have made a mistake and want your assignment to be re-submitted, you must do so immediately. You can only submit an assignment while the re-submit link displays next to the number of the assignment. Before submitting, please check for mistakes.
Read Also: How Do I Download Unisa Assignments?
Step 4: Keeping Track of Submission Deadlines
- Note Submission Deadlines:
Take note of the assignment submission deadlines provided by your lecturer or specified in the assignment instructions. It is crucial to submit your assignments on time to avoid penalties or late submission consequences.
- Set Reminders:
Utilize calendar tools, reminder apps, or alarms to help you remember upcoming assignment submission deadlines. This will assist in managing your time effectively and ensuring timely submissions.
Submitting assignments to myUnisa is a straightforward process that enhances convenience and efficiency for Unisa students. By following this step-by-step guide, you can navigate the myUnisa platform and successfully submit your assignments for the year 2024. Remember to access myUnisa, upload the correct assignment file, and confirm your submission for each respective course. Stay organized, keep track of deadlines, and utilize the features provided by myUnisa to manage your assignments effectively and excel in your academic journey at Unisa. APPLY NOW
***Click Here for more information about Unisa Academy
UNISA Contact Infomation
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: [email protected]
SOME RELATED SEARCHES
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
How Do I Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2023
How Do I Submit Written Assignments To myUnisa 2023
Students who have completed their registration process and have downloaded the study materials using the myUnisa portal can likewise use the myUnisa portal to submit their assignments. Students are remembered that assignment submission must be done on or before the submission deadline date. With the myUnisa portal, you can submit both written and multiple-choice assignments for formal courses online.
In case there is a consistent problem with the Unisa servers two days prior to the due date, Unisa automatically extends the due date for a week. Students are to bare in mind that the automatic extension of one assignment does not imply an extension of the follow-up assignments, you must therefore continue with your study programme as initially planned.
How Do I Submit Multiple-Choice Assignments To myUnisa 2023?
Submitting a multiple-choice assignment via myUnisa is simple, fast and reliable. Just follow the step-by-step procedure provided below:
There are three ways to check that your assignments have been successfully submitted:
- When you submit an assignment, you will receive a clear status message. If the message reads “Assignment received in good order”, your assignment has been successfully received by Unisa.
- You will receive a receipt with a unique track and trace number on submission.
- Your list of assignments for each module on myUnisa will be updated immediately after the successful submission of an assignment.
Read: Does Unisa Have 1-Year Courses?
- Please check for mistakes before you submit! No requests to cancel assignments submitted via myUnisa will be accepted by the Assignment Section.
- Please do not submit the same assignment via myUnisa and the mail.
- If you use a dial-up connection, have your multiple-choice answers ready before dialling up. It will cost you money if you have to work out the answers while you are online.
- Do not wait until the closing date for your assignments. Submit assignments at least 72 hours before the closing date. This will make provision for unforeseen problems, such as your internet connection could be down / not available on the closing date.
How Do I Submit Written Or Text Assignments To myUnisa 2023?
To submit written or text assignments using the myUnisa portal, follow the process below:
- You must prepare your assignment in a file format that can be uploaded to myUnisa. This file has to be in one of the formats listed under the specified type of file. Not all file types can be accepted. Make sure that the type you select matches that of your file.
- When you click on “Continue”, your assignment will be uploaded from your computer to the Unisa network. This can take several minutes depending on the size of your assignment and the speed of your Internet connection. Once the assignment is received, details about it will be displayed on your screen for final checking. You can then either go back to make corrections or click on “Submit Assignment” to finally submit it.
- If your assignment score includes marks for layout and formatting, it is advisable to upload your document in PDF format via myUnisa. This will ensure that the layout and formatting are not automatically adjusted when submitting your assignment. You can find information about PDF converters on the myUnisa home page under Electronic Resources.
- Assignments submitted online via myUnisa will be marked online. The marked assignments will be returned to students to be viewed online. If you made a mistake and want to re-submit your assignment, you must do so immediately. You will only be able to submit an assignment while the re-submit link shows next to the assignment number. Please check for mistakes before you submit! The submit button will change to resubmit when your assignments have been accepted. Only resubmit if you need to change your assignment.
How Do I Re- Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2023
You will only be allowed to resubmit your assignment under the following conditions:
- The resubmit button is available
- The assignment has not been marked
- The due date has passed
- Make sure that your student number appears in your assignment text. For word processor files, it is a good idea to have a header on each page with your student number, course code, assignment number, etc.
- Do not submit the same assignment via myUnisa and the mail.
- Do not submit self-evaluation assignments.
- Make sure that your submitted file does not contain a virus! Students who repeatedly submit documents with viruses may lose the right to use myUnisa.
Contact The University Of South Africa (Unisa)
- P O Box 392
- Ethics Hotline: 0800 005 311
- [email protected]
No assignments handed in after the closing date will be marked unless special permission has been obtained in advance from the head of the relevant academic department. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.