- My Account |
- StudentHome |
- TutorHome |
- IntranetHome |
- Contact the OU Contact the OU Contact the OU |
- Accessibility Accessibility
- News & media
- Business & apprenticeships
- Site Accessibility: Library Research Support
Welcome to Library Research Support
The Library Services Research support team can help you manage your research profile and disseminate your publications and data, enabling you to meet University and funder requirements.
UK Research and Innovation Block Grant
Learn how to access the UKRI block grant in order to fund APC payments to publish in gold open access journals.
Article Processing Charges (APCs) and Transitional Agreements
Find out which journals the OU has transitional agreements with and how you can publish at no extra cost to you.
Sign up for one of our training sessions on a range of topics.
Discover what FAIR means and why it is important for your research project.
Checklists for new researchers
If you are new to the Open University, these checklists highlight Library advice, information and resources available to you.
New UKRI fund for long-form outputs now open
You may already be aware that UKRI’s open access requirements are being extended to long-form outputs. If you will be publishing a UKRI-funded monograph, book chapter or edited collection on or...
World Digital Preservation Day 2023 – Open University Legacy Research Papers
To coincide with World Digital Preservation Day on 2nd November 2023, the Open University Library announce a new collection of over 450 Legacy Research Papers on ORO. In partnership with the...
Join the new ‘Open Research Community’ today
The Library’s Research Support Team have just launched a new Open Research Community on Microsoft Viva Engage (formerly Yammer). We want to create an inclusive, supportive and active...
ORO Annual Infographics 2022/23
ORO OU Infographic We have created infographics from ORO usage data. We have infographics for each faculty and IET, with some commentary on Downloads, Deposits and % Open Access for both the year...
Open Research Online (ORO) and ORCIDs
ORO & ORCIDs Accessible PDF
Library Research Support team
The Open University
- Study with us
- Supported distance learning
- Funding your studies
- International students
- Global reputation
- Develop your workforce
- Contact the OU
- Arts and Humanities
- Art History
- Business and Management
- Combined Studies
- Computing and IT
- Creative Writing
- Early Years
- Electronic Engineering
- Film and Media
- Health and Social Care
- Health and Wellbeing
- Health Sciences
- International Studies
- Mental Health
- Nursing and Healthcare
- Religious Studies
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Software Engineering
- Sport and Fitness
- Postgraduate study
- Research degrees
- Masters in Art History (MA)
- Masters in Computing (MSc)
- Masters in Creative Writing (MA)
- Masters degree in Education
- Masters in Engineering (MSc)
- Masters in English Literature (MA)
- Masters in History (MA)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Masters in Mathematics (MSc)
- Masters in Psychology (MSc)
- A to Z of Masters degrees
- Accessibility statement
- Conditions of use
- Manage cookie preferences
- Modern slavery act (pdf 149kb)
Follow us on Social media
- Student Policies and Regulations
- Student Charter
- System Status
- Contact the OU Contact the OU
- Modern Slavery Act (pdf 149kb)
© . . .
Open Research is a broad range of research practices which, when combined, makes research more accessible, transparent, reproducible, and visible. The Library's Research Support Team provides training, advice and support on a range of Open Research topics.
Open Access publishing
Open Access is free, unrestricted online access to research outputs. The Open Access team offers help and advice to University of Bristol researchers who need or want to publish their research by open access methods.
Research data management
Research data management involves the organisation and preservation of research data and is a core area of research integrity. The Research Data Service supports University of Bristol researchers in planning, creating, using and sharing research data.
Get secure local access to sensitive datasets via the University's SafePod, located in the Medical Library.
Submission of theses to the library
The University of Bristol requires students to submit their thesis electronically. The option is also open to current members of staff who completed their thesis at the University of Bristol.
The Research Support team handles enquiries relating to University of Bristol research. This might relate to journal articles, datasets or code produced by University of Bristol academics or students.
Digital humanities support
The Research Support team has extensive experience of partnering with academics to realise digital humanities projects. Our past work has included 3D digitisation, Virtual Reality design and 360 degree videography.
Use citation metrics (bibliometrics) and alternative metrics to benchmark your research performance, find collaborators, and decide where to publish. The Library Research Support team can help you select appropriate metrics, access analysis tools, and interpret metrics data.
Literature & systematic review
The Academic Engagement Team are experts in resources for their subjects and will be able to help you with a comprehensive review of the literature. They can provide advice and support on:
- Key databases to search
- Building a search strategy
- Using advanced search techniques
- Setting up search alerts
- Other sources including 'grey literature'
- Further reading and systematic review training courses .
The team can also assist with managing search results and provide training and support around reference management software. Please visit their EndNote and Mendeley support pages for more information.
Contact details for members of the Academic Engagement Team can be found here .
Head of Research Support
Research support general enquiries
Email: [email protected]
Open Access team
Email: [email protected]
Research Data Service
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Blog: Open Research at Bristol
See a list of all subjects a-z.
Find a subject specialist
We have over fifty subject specialists that can help you with your research. Whether you are new to Stanford or a seasoned researcher, we are here to help.
Guides are created by subject librarians to help you navigate the library.
We offer hour-long workshops to get you up and running in software essential to research.
Library data services
We offer comprehensive data support from research conception through publication.
Subject and research guides.
Researcher tools and how to guides
- Digital Thesis Submission Guidelines
- Research training
- Current Macquarie Publish and Read Agreements
Supporting research students and academic staff
The Library provides advice, training, resources and assistance to researchers during their entire research project.
Services include assistance with:
- Finding information and data
- Managing information and data
- Publishing including open access and strategic publishing
- Measuring impact with research metrics
- Managing copyright
- Promoting and communicating with author identifiers and researcher profiles
- Repository support for depositing and reporting on research outputs
- HDR study space for quiet study.
Graduate Researcher and research support
- Use our online resources via MultiSearch .
- The Library provides subject and research guides to assist you in beginning your research.
- If we do not have what you are looking for the Library’s interlibrary loan service can help you find research outputs and resources from other Libraries. Contact [email protected] for enquiries and to renew items.
- Faculty and Clinical Librarians are available for individual advice and assistance.
1. Building your research skills
Not sure where to start? The Library has online subject and research guides to get you started, identifying fundamental disciplinary resources and introducing key researching tools.
Set up an initial research consultation with a Faculty or Clinical Librarian for support with:
- advanced database searching, including search/subject alerts
- evaluating sources and literature reviews
- bibliographic and referencing management , including EndNote and Mendeley
- evidence-based practice questions and literature support.
Additional workshops, guides and tools
- Subject and research guides help with researching and referencing.
- Graduate research development – support includes various workshops for HDR and MRes students.
2. Conducting your research
Set up a research consultation with your Faculty or Clinical Librarian for support with:
- conducting systematic reviews
- identifying useful methodologies and tracking citations
- digital literacies – including when and how to use technology, how to navigate a program or website, how to work out what the technology does and make the best use of technology for your need
- literature searches for clinical research questions.
- Library collections – Macquarie University is committed to developing and maintaining a shared collection of published materials to support its research.
- Interlibrary loans – document supply services for items not held by our Library. Physical items are currently not available for interlibrary loans, only digital items.
- Ordering new material – request new material or additional resources for the Library.
- Database trials – see what we’re trialling and tell us what you think.
- Copyright and IP advice and copyright for research .
3. Managing your research data
- Text and data mining – pattern and trend analysis from data and language.
- Research data management – a toolkit to assist with research data planning and management. It provides guidance and reference materials and enables researchers to include sound data management practices in their projects from the outset.
4. Research output management and analysis
- Strategic publishing – choosing outlets for your research, and the publishing cycle.
- Current Macquarie Publish and Read Agreements – supporting Open Access publishing.
- ORCID and research identifiers – including Scopus ID, ResearcherID, Google Scholar profiles.
- Impact and metrics – researcher and research metrics to measure the quantitative and qualitative impact of your research.
Contact the Research and Digital Scholarship team (email: [email protected]) for support with:
- Open Access and Pure Research Management System
- requesting an ISBN
- requesting a DOI
- government reporting including ERA
- legal deposit
- thesis submissions .
- Research services
We support academics and early career researchers (ECRs) as well as all our research students.
Choosing outlets for your research, and the publishing cycle
How to access Graduate Researcher theses, and how to submit and publish your thesis.
Last updated: 13 Nov 2023
- Open Science & Research Support
- Open Science
Research data management, bibliometrics.
- UCL Profiles
Open Science & Research Support
UCL Office for Open Science and Scholarship
The UCL Office for Open Science and Scholarship supports the UCL community in the adoption of Open practices and approaches.
Open access means making research publications freely available online. It ensures your work reaches the widest possible audience, and can be used and shared easily.
Research Data Management covers all of the decisions made during the research lifecycle to handle research data, from the planning stage of your project up to the long-term preservation of your data.
Bibliometrics is concerned with the analysis of research based on citation counts and patterns. The individual measures used are also commonly referred to as bibliometrics, or citation metrics.
Support for UCL’s commitment to research integrity and probity, including policies, guidelines and training for all involved with research at UCL.
Training and Support Resources for Research
UCL Library Services offers many services to researchers. Find how to access resources, get support for undertaking research and how to disseminate and preserve your research.
- Copyright advice
Library iFrames Widget Placeholder https://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/forms/indigo-explore-search.php?inBox=y&si...
- Find a subject librarian
- Open Science team
- Bibliometrics team
- Open Access team
- Research Data Management team
Library Research Support
Library research support team.
- New researchers
- Literature Searching
- Access to resources after graduation
- Reference management
- Keeping up to date
- Planning your data
- Managing your data
- Sharing your data
- Remote Research
- Open Research
- Choosing where to publish
- Writing your manuscript
- ISBNs, ISSNs and DOIs
- Peer review
- Starting an open access journal
- Finished theses
- Open Access
- Support materials: help guides and videos
- Elements publication lists on external staff profiles
- Metrics in Elements
- Adding a plain language summary
- Identity and impact
- Sharing your research outputs
- Responsible metrics
- Library Research Support Homepage This link opens in a new window
The Library Research Support team provides high quality information and advisory services. We support research students, researchers and research active academic staff and other university colleagues and aim to build the University’s strengths in research, innovation and knowledge transfer.
We are here to help you throughout your research project
- Open Access, publishing for the REF, and Article Processing Charges
- Research Data Management and Data Management Plans
- Finding, accessing, and managing information and keeping up to date
- Disseminating and publishing your work
- Maximising the reach and visibility of your work and tracking the impact of your work
- Attributing your work unambiguously to you with an ORCID iD
- Co-curating the University’s Special Collection
We support you with workshops and bespoke sessions, for example as part of the SHaRD and Doctoral School programs. And of course we welcome your individual queries.
Do you have an enquiry? Do you want to comment on how our team can support your research needs? Would you like us to run a session at your staff meeting or for your students?
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: (0114) 225 3852
- Next: New researchers >>
- Last Updated: Nov 23, 2023 5:10 PM
- URL: https://libguides.shu.ac.uk/researchsupport
Contact us / Live chat [email protected] +44 (0)114 225 2222
- Instagram |
Login to LibApps
- Search this site Search
- All About Us
- Address & Contact Details
- Opening Hours
- Accessing UCC Library
- Quick Start Guide to Accessing Resources
- Library Essentials
- Library Staff
- Rules & Regulations
- Library Sustainability
- UCC Library Space Master Plan
- Latest News
- Training & Events Calendar
- Floor Plans
- The Riverside Blog
- Shush! Sounds from UCC Library
- Cork University Press
- Make an Appointment
- Digital Scholarship Studio
- Laptop Loans
- Library Studio & Podcast Room
- Research Support
- Open Access Research
- Research Data Service
- Digital Experience
- Measuring your Publications Impact
- Systematic Reviews
- Accessing other Libraries
- Learning & Teaching
- Access Assignment Help
- Subject Guides A-Z
- Library Canvas Space
- Library Tutorial Videos
- Library Workshops
- Digital Learning
- Grey Literature
- Inter Library Loans
- Sensus Access
- Referencing Software
- Suggesting new books & resources
- Academic Integrity
- Creating Exhibitions
- PG6009 Graduate Information Literacy
- Reading Lists
- Digitised Content for Canvas
- Book a Class Session
- All Explore Collections
- Library Catalogue
- Search eJournals & eBooks
- Databases A-Z
- Electronic Resources
- UCC Published Journals
- Special Collections & Archives
- Exam Papers
- Scan & Deliver
- Find a Book on the Shelf
- Official Publications
Research Support: Home
- Research Resource Discovery
- Systematic Reviews This link opens in a new window
- Research Data Service This link opens in a new window
- Measuring your Publications' Impact This link opens in a new window
- Open Access This link opens in a new window
- Academic Integrity This link opens in a new window
- Theses This link opens in a new window
- Graduate Information Literacy
How can we help you today?
The Library offers a huge range of services and supports for research . This Research Support guide is designed to make UCC researchers aware of research-focussed services and resources available through the UCC Library.
- Next: Research Resource Discovery >>
- Last Updated: Oct 24, 2023 12:22 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucc.ie/researchsupport
UCC Library University College Cork Cork Ireland T12 ND89 +353 (21) 490-2292 [email protected]
- Subject Guides
- Assignment Essentials
- Library Tutorials
- Special Collections
- Archives Service
- Inter Library Loan
- Open Access at UCC
- 3D Printing Service
- Ordering Books
- Opening Hours
UCC Library At the Heart of UCC
Researcher Support Library Services: Home
- Library Resources for Research - Effective Literature Searching & Reference Management
- Open Scholarship & Impact
- Research Data Management & Data Management Plans This link opens in a new window
University of Plymouth Library Services for PhD students, postdoctoral and academic and research staff: Finding, managing, publishing and assessing information in an Open Research world.
Ref: act on acceptance (elements), ukri apc payment request form , pgr thesis deposit to pearl, orcid set up advice, copyright advice for researchers, help, support & training programme, help & support.
The Library provides a broad range of support from 1:1 meetings on your search strategy via your subject's Information Specialist or how to maximise the visibility of your publications using ORCiD; Elements and other tools via our Open Research Specialist drop ins. We also run regular training sessions with a programme aimed at PGRs and other sessions tailored to researchers or group leads. Our library researcher support training covers Open Research, Open Data and Responsible Metrics.
- Find out more: Library Researcher Training programme & 1:1 support
For more information about the Library, its opening hours, study spaces and facilities, please visit the Charles Seale-Hayne Library website: http://plymouth.ac.uk/library
- Next: Library Resources for Research - Effective Literature Searching & Reference Management >>
- Last Updated: Nov 22, 2023 11:56 AM
- URL: https://plymouth.libguides.com/research
Available 2–10 p.m.
- smartphone Call / Text
- voice_chat Consultation Appointment
- place Visit
- email Email
Chat with a Specific library
- Business Library Offline
- College Library (Undergraduate) Offline
- Ebling Library (Health Sciences) Offline
- Gender and Women's Studies Librarian Offline
- Information School Library (Information Studies) Offline
- Law Library (Law) Offline
- Memorial Library (Humanities & Social Sciences) Offline
- MERIT Library (Education) Offline
- Steenbock Library (Agricultural & Life Sciences, Engineering) Offline
- Ask a Librarian Hours & Policy
- Library Research Tutorials
Search the for Website expand_more Articles Find articles in journals, magazines, newspapers, and more Catalog Explore books, music, movies, and more Databases Locate databases by title and description Journals Find journal titles UWDC Discover digital collections, images, sound recordings, and more Website Find information on spaces, staff, services, and more
Language website search.
Find information on spaces, staff, and services.
- ASK a Librarian
- Library by Appointment
- Locations & Hours
- Resources by Subject
book Catalog Search
Search the physical and online collections at UW-Madison, UW System libraries, and the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Available Online
- Print/Physical Items
- Limit to UW-Madison
- Advanced Search
- Browse by...
collections_bookmark Database Search
Find databases subscribed to by UW-Madison Libraries, searchable by title and description.
- Browse by Subject/Type
- Introductory Databases
- Top 10 Databases
article Journal Search
Find journal titles available online and in print.
- Browse by Subject / Title
- Citation Search
description Article Search
Find articles in journals, magazines, newspapers, and more.
- Scholarly (peer-reviewed)
- Open Access
- Library Databases
collections UW-Digitized Collections Search
Discover digital objects and collections curated by the UW-Digital Collections Center .
- Browse Collections
- Browse UWDC Items
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Google Apps
- Loans & Requests
- Poster Printing
- Account Details
- Archives and Special Collections Requests
- Library Room Reservations
Planning your research project.
Identify funding opportunities, and get help preparing your proposal or project
- Data Management Plans
- Evidence Synthesis & Systematic Reviews
- Grants & Scholarship Research Guides
Finding & Evaluating Information
Locate and evaluate scholarly literature, datasets, and other specialized resources
- Data Services
- Patent & Trademark Services
Collecting, Organizing, & Analyzing Information
Efficiently conduct research and manage your documents and data
- Citation Managers
- Electronic Laboratory Notebooks
Publishing & Sharing Your Research
Get help from experts on grant compliance, scholarly publishing, open access, and scholarly repositories
- Grant Compliance & Public Access
Curating & Preserving Your Research Outputs
Discover how to best store and archive research data and publications
- Digital Collections Proposal
- Research Data Services
Measuring & Maximizing Impact
Explore library services that can help you build your digital identity and assess the impact of your research. Learn about citation metrics, researcher profiles, and the traceable ways your scholarly output can have an impact within and beyond academia.
CUL - Main Content
Columbia University Libraries offers many ways to support your research, from consultations with subject-specialist librarians, course-related instruction and workshops, and citation management software and expertise to research guides, online tutorials, and the vast collections and resources we provide for your use.
We welcome your ideas for other ways that we can support your research efforts. Please send any suggestions you have to the subject specialist in your area.
Discover more about library services for Faculty and for Graduate Students , and Undergraduates .
Getting Help with Your Research
Ask a Librarian
Librarian Subject Specialists
Accessing the Libraries
Using the Libraries
Directions to Columbia
Faculty Borrowing Privileges
Graduate Student Borrowing Privileges
Undergraduate Student Borrowing Privileges
Deputy Borrower Applications for Officers
Copyright & Fair Use
Copyright Advisory Services
Scholarship & Publishing Support
Scholarly Communication & Publishing
Research Data Services
Online Guides and Resources
Research & Topic Guides
Reference & Citation Management
Evaluating Online Sources
Columbia Library Policies
Confidentiality of Library Records and Personally Identifiable Information Policies
Borrow, Request, Renew
Columbia University Libraries Copyright