Environmental Management offers research and opinions on use and conservation of natural resources, protection of habitats and control of hazards, spanning the field of environmental management without regard to traditional disciplinary boundaries. The journal aims to improve communication, making ideas and results from any field available to practitioners from other backgrounds. Contributions are drawn from biology, botany, chemistry, climatology, ecology, ecological economics, environmental engineering, fisheries, environmental law, forest sciences, geosciences, information science, public affairs, public health, toxicology, zoology and more.
As the principal user of nature, humanity is responsible for ensuring that its environmental impacts are benign rather than catastrophic. Environmental Management presents the work of academic researchers and professionals outside universities, including those in business, government, research establishments, and public interest groups, presenting a wide spectrum of viewpoints and approaches.
- Covers use and conservation of natural resources, the protection of habitats and the control of hazards
- Spans all areas of environmental management
- Topics include biology, chemistry, climatology, ecology, ecological economics, environmental engineering, fisheries, geosciences, public health, toxicology, and more
Journal metrics, latest issue.
Issue 6, December 2023
Land cover implications on ecosystem service delivery: a multi-scenario study of trade-offs and synergies in river basins, authors (first, second and last of 4).
- Janeide Padilha
- Claudia Carvalho-Santos
- Cláudia Pascoal
- Content type: OriginalPaper
- Published: 08 December 2023
The Role of Social License in Non-Industrial Marine and Coastal Planning: a Scoping Review
Authors (first, second and last of 6).
- Keahna Margeson
- Patricia Manuel
- Kate Sherren
- Published: 07 December 2023
Linking Forest Ecosystem Services to the SDGs: Semi-quantitative Mapping of Perceptions towards Integrated Decision-making
- Myriam Pham-Truffert
- Jean-Laurent Pfund
- Open Access
- Published: 04 December 2023
- Special Issue: The Use of Semi-Quantitative Methods to Unravel Landscape Discourses and Imaginaries for Integrated Landscape Approaches
Spatial Responses of Ecosystem Service Trade-offs and Synergies to Impact Factors in Liaoning Province
Authors (first, second and last of 5).
- Dong-Feng Ren
- Ming-Wei Xu
- Published: 01 December 2023
- SI: Bridging the gap between physical, natural and social sciences: Critical essays and case studies in the interface of societies, land degradation and desertification
Considerations for Research Funders and Managers to Facilitate the Translation of Scientific Knowledge into Practice
- C. Cvitanovic
- S. J. Cooke
- Published: 29 November 2023
Working on a manuscript.
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.
About this journal
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO GreenFILE
- EBSCO Sustainability Reference Center
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- EI Compendex
- Engineering Village – GEOBASE
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Algology, Mycology and Protozoology Abstracts (Microbiology C)
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record
Rights and permissions
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature
- Research themes
Environmental management research is critical to ensuring the sustainability of our planet’s natural resources and ecosystems.
Climate change, pollution, land clearing and biodiversity loss are just a few of the real-world challenges that we are investigating as we work to balance economic development with environmental protection.
To address these challenges, we are working to develop techniques for measuring and monitoring environmental impact, designing sustainable policies and practices, and engaging stakeholders in the decision-making process.
We collaborate with partners across a range of disciplines, including engineering, social sciences and policy to develop innovative solutions to environmental challenges.
We specialise in a wide variety of areas, including conservation, climate change science, sustainability, policy, engineering and economics.
Research in environmental management has the potential to create significant impact, from improving public health to protecting natural resources and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and their devastating impact on the planet, as well as mitigation and adaptation efforts in the face of current and future environmental change.
Dr Angela Dean
Associate Professor Paul Dennis
Dr Daniel Dunn
Dr Anthony Halog
Dr Wilma J. Blaser Hart
Dr Natalie Jones
Professor Salit Kark
Associate Professor Carissa Klein
Associate Professor Helen Bostock Lyman
Professor Martine Maron
Professor Eve McDonald-Madden
Dr April Reside
Professor Jonathan Rhodes
Associate Professor Sonia Roitman
Dr Annabel Smith
Mr Jim Walker
Associate Professor Michael Warne
Professor James Watson
Professor Yongping Wei
Environmental Management: Articles & Journals
Find articles in research databases, get full text for an article.
- Dissertations & Theses
- Legal Research
- Citing & Writing Help
- Recommended databases
- Consider these, also
- Google Scholar
- What is peer review?
Selected full text articles from journals in a wide range of subjects, plus magazines, reports, books, and more
Selected full text articles from business-related magazines and journals
Selected full text articles from journals, magazines, and trade publications, including industry and country reports, MarketLine company profiles, SWOT analyses, and more
Selected full text articles from scholarly journals, popular magazines, government reports, and books on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more
- SpringerLink This link opens in a new window Selected full text for journal articles, books, and reference works published by Springer
- Wiley Online Library This link opens in a new window Selected full text for journal articles and books published by Wiley
Depending on your topic, these databases also may be relevant.
Find Background Information for a Topic
Gale’s eBook platform provides comprehensive support from many of today’s top publishers.
- Britannica This link opens in a new window Full text academic edition of Encyclopedia Britannica and Merriam-Webster Dictionary; includes video and audio clips
- Data.gov Access to many US national datasets
- Encyclopedia of Earth Electronic reference about the Earth, its natural environments, and society's interactions.
Sample searches: "critical thinking" AND "higher education" (race OR racial) AND (discriminat* OR prejudic*) Refine your search with filters on results screen: scholarly & peer-review, full text online, etc.
While it doesn't offer some of the sophisticated options available in research databases, Google Scholar can be helpful. See instructions for customizing Google Scholar to provide Full Text @ UHCL links in results.
A peer-reviewed (or refereed ) journal:
- uses experts from the same subject field or profession as the author to evaluate a manuscript prior to acceptance for publication
- has articles that report on research studies or provide scholarly analysis of topics
- may include book reviews, editorials, or other brief items that are not considered scholarly articles
- Anatomy of a Scholarly Article Explains key elements from the first & last page of a typical scholarly or academic article. North Carolina State Univ. Libraries
Peer Review in 3 Minutes
(3:15) Explains the academic publishing process for research articles and scholarly journals, including the quality control process of peer review. North Carolina State Univ. Libraries
If a database lacks immediate full text, click Find It @ UHCL in results to check for full text from another source. Follow Available Online links in OneSearch to a resource with full text for UH Clear Lake users as shown below.
If full text is not found, submit an article request .
- Request a book, article, or other item ILLiad Interlibrary Loan logon
- Environmental Management Research and opinions on use and conservation of natural resources, protection of habitats and control of hazards, spanning the field of applied ecology without regard to traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- Solutions Journal Devoted to showcasing bold and innovative ideas for solving the world's integrated ecological, social, and economic problems.
- Greener Management International Themed issues focus on strategic environmental and sustainability issues as they impact worldwide organizations.
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Books & Ebooks >>
- Last Updated: Oct 31, 2023 1:29 PM
- URL: https://uhcl.libguides.com/ENVR
We apologize for the inconvenience...
To ensure we keep this website safe, please can you confirm you are a human by ticking the box below.
If you are unable to complete the above request please contact us using the below link, providing a screenshot of your experience.
Please solve this CAPTCHA to request unblock to the website