BE AN NHS 111 CLINICAL TELEPHONE TRIAGE NURSE / PARAMEDIC
These are some of the essential criteria you will need to be successful in a clinical role within NHS 111, more detailed criteria are available in the Person Specification for the role:
- Current NMC/HCPC registration
- Registered general nurse (RN1, RNA), ECP or Paramedic
- Recent professional experience
- Triage experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience of dealing with emotionally charged situations
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, aurally and both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure
- Sympathetic, respectful and caring approach to others
- Computer skills
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and audit practices
- Motivated towards further professional development.
What is the package?
- Salary: Band 6 (plus Unsocial Hours (USH) in line with Section 2 of Agenda for Change)
- Hours: Full time: 37.5 hours per week (part-time hours may be available on completion of training). Bank (zero hours) agreements may be available
- Location: Bicester (Oxfordshire), Milton Keynes (Buckinghamshire) and Otterbourne (Hampshire)
- Annual leave: Minimum 27 days plus statutory public holidays, pro rata for part-time staff
- Shift pattern: Evenings, nights and weekends, various shifts
- +44 (0)121 337 0511
- [email protected]
NHS 111 Clinical Advisor
- July 5, 2021
- July 4, 2021
- July 3, 2021
- July 2, 2021
- July 1, 2021
- June 30, 2021
- June 29, 2021
- June 24, 2021
- June 23, 2021
Have a Question?
Sorry - something went wrong with our website.
Error Reference: 18.bf7a7b5c.1699157154.177cac2f
Please try again and, if you are still having problems, contact us for further assistance.