Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Multiplication & division
Multiply 3-digit by 2-digit numbers
Download & Print Only $4.20
Math worksheets: Multiply 3-digit by 2-digit numbers
Below are six versions of our grade 5 math worksheet on multiplying 3-digit by 2-digit numbers. These worksheets are pdf files .
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More division worksheets
Explore all of our division worksheets , from simple division facts to long division of large numbers.
More multiplication worksheets
Find all of our multiplication worksheets , from basic multiplication facts to multiplying multi-digit whole numbers in columns.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
Grade 5 Multiplication Worksheets
Free grade 5 multiplication worksheets to help your students improve their multiplication skills! Column multiplication in grade 5 can be challenging! However, it just takes practice! In grade 5, students must understand how to multiply large numbers. They need to know the steps involved in column multiplication and they must practice each week. These free worksheets will give your students the repetition they need. Click to download and print!
Click to Preview
Times Table Challenges
Need some homework? Use these times tables challenges as homework to get your class practising their times tables! Challenge them to beat their previous times and get 15/15.
Multiplying by 10, 100 & 1000 (decimals)
Multiplying by 10 & 100 - Real World Project
Grade 5 & 6 multiplying by 10 & 100 project that involves real world application to help your students work on this tricky mathematical concept. Simply print and go! No prep at all for this engaging activity. This resources consists of multiplication challenges that will engage your students. They have just found their grandfather’s secret fruit drink recipes. Can they complete the tasks to become millionaires? Understanding this mathematical concept is very important and must be taught in isolation. This resource will give your class the practice they need to ensure they remember the rules relating to multiplying by 10 & 100.
Terms and conditions, refund policy, check out our new resources.
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
Multiplication algorithm (long multiplication or in columns)
Multiplication & division equations.
Order of operations - 3 operations to do, no parentheses Order of operations - 3 operations to do, parentheses included Order of operations - 4 operations to do, parentheses included
Grade 3 multiplication worksheets
Grade 4 multiplication worksheets
Math Mammoth Multiplication 2 — a downloadable worktext for grade 4 multiplication topics
Math Mammoth Multiplication & Division 3 — a downloadable worktext for grade 5 multiplication and division topics
5th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
5th Grade Multiplication worksheets help students get familiar with the different types of multiplication problems like word problems, Multiple Choice Questions, equations, etc. Multiplication is one of the most important concepts of mathematics as it lays a mathematical foundation. These 5th grade math worksheets showcase questions on multiplying large numbers by 2-digit numbers, 5-digit numbers by 3-digit numbers, multi-digit multiplication word problems, and estimating product by rounding the number to the nearest hundredth.
Benefits of Grade 5 Multiplication Worksheets
The benefits of 5th grade multiplication worksheets are that it encourages students to solve diverse problems so that students understand the concepts in an engaging and interesting way. The visuals in these worksheets can help students visualize concepts and get a crystal clear understanding of the topic. Thus, these worksheets provide questions ranging from simple and easy to difficult and challenging for the students to practice. With regular practice, students start to solve questions faster.
Printable PDFs for Multiplication Worksheets for Grade 5
Grade 5 Multiplication worksheets are flexible and easy to solve. Students can download the PDF format of these worksheets in order to practice multiplication questions for free.
- Math 5th Grade Multiplication Worksheet
- Grade 5 Math Multiplication Worksheet
- 5th Grade Math Multiplication Worksheet
- Multiplication Worksheet for 5th Grade
Explore more topics at Cuemath's Math Worksheets .
Grade 5 Multiplication Worksheets
Free grade 5 multiplication worksheets to help your students improve in Mathematics. These worksheets are tricky! Multiplying 3 numbers by 2 numbers can be hard. Children must ensure their calculations are correct and times tables are on point! Ensure you teach students how to multiply in columns and allow them to use calculators to check their answers. Use these free worksheets to help your students get the practice they need. Simply click on the image below to download.
Click to Preview
Multiplying by 10 & 100
Multiplying by 10 & 100 isn’t tricky if you know your times tables. It just takes practice. Your children will be masters in no time. A little “trick” I teach my students is to ignore the 0s. Simply multiply the numbers and add the 0s on at the end. Your students will be able to do these worksheets will great speed in no time at all!
Need mental maths worksheets? Check out these resources. They’re a great wat to get your students working on mental maths daily. No prep needed, just print and go!
Murder Mystery Activities
- Teacher How To's
- How It works
- All Worksheets
- Math Worksheets
- ELA Worksheets
Multiplication Worksheets for 5th Graders
From practical to day-to-day applications, such as algebra, calculus, & annual percentage rates, the ability to grasp multiplication tables will enable kids to confidently tackle the most complex math subjects. This is possible with SplashLearn's printable multiplication worksheets for 5th graders.
- Lesson Plans
- Math (1,848)
- Number Sense (41)
- Counting (23)
- Compare and Order Numbers (2)
- Compare Numbers (1)
- Compare Multi-Digit Numbers (1)
- Order Numbers (1)
- Order Multi-Digit Numbers (1)
- Place Value (26)
- Read and Write Numbers (1)
- Place Value Chart (1)
- Multiplication (198)
- Multi-digit Multiplication (86)
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit Numbers (18)
- Multiply 2-digit by 2-digit numbers (33)
- Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Numbers (3)
- Multiply 3-digit by 2-digit numbers (17)
- Multiply 4-digit by 1-digit Numbers (5)
- Multiplication Properties (33)
- Associative Property (2)
- Distributive Property (31)
- Estimate Products (3)
- Multiply by multiples of 10 (4)
- Times Tables (8)
- Multiplication Facts (8)
- Multiply by 11 (4)
- Multiply by 12 (4)
- Division (119)
- Long Division (51)
- Divide 3-digit by 1-digit Numbers (5)
- Divide 4-digit by 1-digit Numbers (8)
- Divide Multiples of 10 or 100 (6)
- Estimate Quotients (24)
- Fractions (175)
- Identify Fractions (1)
- Identify fractions using models (1)
- Represent Fractions (2)
- Represent fractions using real-word objects (2)
- Represent Mixed Numbers (2)
- Represent mixed numbers using models (2)
- Compare Fractions (6)
- Compare fractions without visual models (3)
- Benchmark Fractions (3)
- Convert Fractions (5)
- Fractions as Mixed Numbers (5)
- Fractions Operations (111)
- Add and Subtract Fractions (23)
- Add Fractions (17)
- Represent Fraction Addition (2)
- Add fractions using models (6)
- Add like fractions (6)
- Add unlike fractions (3)
- Estimate fraction sums (6)
- Subtract Fractions (3)
- Represent Fraction Subtraction (2)
- Subtract unlike fractions (1)
- Add and Subtract mixed numbers (40)
- Add mixed numbers (16)
- Add mixed numbers using models (8)
- Add a mixed number to a fraction (5)
- Add two mixed numbers (3)
- Subtract mixed numbers (24)
- Subtract mixed numbers using models (4)
- Subtract a fraction from a mixed number (14)
- Subtract two mixed numbers (6)
- Multiply Fractions (45)
- Multiply fractions by whole numbers (8)
- Multiply fractions by whole numbers without models (4)
- Multiply two fractions (9)
- Multiply fractions using models (4)
- Multiply fractions without models (5)
- Multiply mixed numbers (13)
- Multiply mixed numbers by whole numbers (9)
- Multiply mixed numbers by fractions (1)
- Multiply two mixed numbers (1)
- Fraction multiplication as scaling (8)
- Decimals (1,331)
- Represent Decimals (3)
- Represent Decimals Using Models (1)
- Represent Decimals on Number Lines (2)
- Read and Write Decimals (7)
- Decimals Expanded Form (4)
- Compose Decimals (3)
- Decompose Decimals (1)
- Decimals Standard Form (4)
- Decimals Word Form (2)
- Decimal Place Value (5)
- Digits at the given decimal place (3)
- Place values of digits in decimals (1)
- Compare and Order Decimals (10)
- Compare decimals (6)
- Compare decimals using models (3)
- Compare using decimal grids (2)
- Compare using decimal number lines (1)
- Compare decimals using place value (2)
- Order decimals (4)
- Order decimals using place value (2)
- Round Decimals (7)
- Round decimals to the nearest whole (3)
- Round decimals to the nearest tenths (1)
- Round decimals to the nearest hundredths (1)
- Decimal Operations (1,285)
- Add Decimals (625)
- Add tenths and hundredths (328)
- Add decimals without regrouping (192)
- Add decimals with regrouping (188)
- Subtract Decimals (633)
- Subtract decimals without regrouping (192)
- Subtract decimals with regrouping (184)
- Multiply Decimals (202)
- Multiply decimals by powers of 10 (73)
- Multiply decimals by whole numbers (123)
- Multiply decimals by decimals (64)
- Divide Decimals (134)
- Divide decimals by powers of 10 (18)
- Divide decimals by whole numbers (37)
- Divide whole numbers by decimals (40)
- Divide decimals by decimals (39)
- Geometry (11)
- 2d Shapes (3)
- Partition 2D Shapes (3)
- Partition into equal parts (3)
- Coordinate Planes (4)
- Identify Points on the Coordinate Plane (1)
- Plot on the Coordinate Plane (3)
- Algebra (16)
- Patterns (3)
- Number Patterns (3)
- Extend Number Patterns (1)
- Generate Number Patterns (1)
- Relationship Between Patterns (1)
- Numerical Expressions (10)
- Interpret Numerical Expressions (1)
- Evaluate Numerical Expressions (8)
- Evaluate Exponents (5)
- Order of Operations (1)
- Word Problems (74)
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems (3)
- Subtraction Word Problems (1)
- Decimal Subtraction Word Problems (1)
- Multiplication and Division Word Problems (21)
- Multiplication Word Problems (4)
- Division Word Problems (14)
- Fraction Word Problems (31)
- Multi-step Word Problems (18)
- Reading (49)
- Reading Skills (49)
- Cause and Effect (5)
- Inference (3)
- Identify the Main Idea (8)
- Sequencing (3)
- Story Elements (3)
- Authors Purpose (1)
- Compare and Contrast (3)
- Point of View (3)
- Comprehension (4)
- Character Analysis (4)
- Text Structure (5)
- Fact or Opinion (1)
- Using Illustrations (3)
- Context Clues (3)
- Evaluating Authors Argument and Evidence (3)
- Grammar (57)
- Adverbs and Adjectives (8)
- Nouns and Pronouns (10)
- Pronouns (2)
- Parts of Speech (1)
- Prepositions and Conjunctions (9)
- Punctuation (8)
- Sentences (13)
- Verbs and Tenses (12)
- Spelling (3)
- Unscramble (3)
- Vocabulary (26)
- Abbreviations and Contractions (3)
- Affixes (3)
- Commonly Confused Words (5)
- Figures of Speech (7)
- Similes and Metaphors (1)
- Synonyms and Antonyms (5)
- Word Puzzles (3)
Multi-digit Multiplication Worksheets for 5th Graders
Multiply by Rounding and Adjusting the Number Worksheet
Learners must multiply by rounding and adjusting the number to enhance their math skills.
Multiply 3-Digit and 1-Digit Numbers: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Dive into this fun-filled printable worksheet by practicing to multiply 3-digit and 1-digit numbers.
Fill in the blanks using the Area Model Worksheet
Assess your math skills by filling in the blanks using the area model in this worksheet.
Multiply 3-Digit by 2-Digit without Regrouping Worksheet
Solidify your math skills by practicing to multiply 3-digit by 2-digit numbers without regrouping.
Multiplication Properties Worksheets for 5th Graders
Find the Correct Expression using Associative Property Worksheet
Solidify your math skills by practicing to find the correct expression using associative property.
Break Multiply Add using Distributive Property Worksheet
Make your math practice fun by breaking, multiplying & adding using the distributive property.
Complete the 'Break Multiply Add' Model Worksheet
Help your child revise multiplication by solving to complete the 'break multiply add' model.
Fill in the Blanks using Associative Property Worksheet
Pack your math practice time with fun by filling in the blanks using the associative property.
Estimate Products Worksheets for 5th Graders
Compare the Multiplication Expressions Worksheet
In this worksheet, learners will get to compare multiplication expressions.
Word Problems on Comparing the Multiplication Exp Worksheet
Boost your ability to solve word problems on comparing the multiplication expressions.
Choose the Most Reasonable Estimate Worksheet
Learners must choose the most reasonable estimate to enhance their math skills.
Multiply by multiples of 10 Worksheets for 5th Graders
Multiply by 20: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Solidify your math skills by practicing to multiply by 20 in this downloadable worksheet.
Multiply by 20: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Solidify your math skills by practicing to multiply by 20.
Facts of 20: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Put your skills to the test by practicing the facts of 20.
Facts of 20: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Print this worksheet to practice the facts of 20 like a math legend!
Times Tables Worksheets for 5th Graders
Facts of 11: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Pack your math practice time with fun by recalling the facts of 11.
Multiply by 11: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Reveal the secrets of math wizardry by practicing to multiply by 11.
Multiply by 11: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Learn multiplication at the speed of lightning by practicing to multiply by 11.
Facts of 11: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Boost your math skills by practicing the facts of 11 by printing this playful worksheet.
All Multiplication Worksheets for 5th Graders
Break and Multiply Worksheet
In this worksheet, learners will get to break and multiply.
Multiply 3-Digit by 4-Digit without Regrouping Worksheet
Use this printable worksheet to multiply 3-digit by 4-digit numbers without regrouping.
Multiply 3-Digit by 4-Digit with Regrouping Worksheet
Put your skills to the test by practicing to multiply 3-digit by 4-digit numbers with regrouping.
Break Down to Multiply Worksheet
Combine math learning with adventure by solving to break down to multiply.
Multiply Multi-Digit Number by 1-Digit Number Worksheet
Make math practice a joyride by solving problems to multiply multi-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers.
Rewrite using Distributive Property Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by practicing to rewrite using the distributive property.
Product of Multi-Digit Number and 1-Digit Number Worksheet
Reinforce math concepts by finding the product of multi-digit numbers and 1-digit numbers.
Break it Down using Distributive Property Worksheet
Help your child revise multiplication by solving to break it down using distributive property.
Multiply 4-Digit and 2-Digit Numbers: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
In this worksheet, learners will get to multiply 4-digit and 2-digit numbers.
Apply Distributive Property in 2 Different Ways Worksheet
Solidify your math skills by practicing to apply the distributive property in 2 different ways.
Multiply 4-Digit and 2-Digit Numbers: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by practicing to multiply 4-digit and 2-digit numbers.
Break Multiply Subtract Worksheet
Print this worksheet to break, multiply and subtract like a math legend!
Multiply Two 3-Digit Numbers: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Boost your ability to multiply two 3-digit numbers by printing this playful worksheet.
Break using Distributive Property Worksheet
Reveal the secrets of math wizardry by practicing to break down using the distributive property.
Multiply Two 3-Digit Numbers: Vertical Multiplication Worksheet
Reinforce math concepts by practicing to multiply two 3-digit numbers.
Rewrite the expression using Distributive Property Worksheet
Put your skills to the test by practicing to rewrite the expression using distributive property.
Use Distributive Property to Complete the Model Worksheet
Reveal the secrets of math wizardry by using the distributive property to complete the model.
Multiply 2-Digit by 1-Digit without Regrouping Worksheet
Learners must multiply 2-digit by 1-digit numbers without regrouping to enhance their math skills.
Multiply using Multiplication Model Worksheet
Print this worksheet to practice multiplying using multiplication models like a math legend!
Multiply 2-Digit by 1-Digit with Regrouping Worksheet
Help your child practice multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers with regrouping.
Fill in the Multiplication Model Worksheet
This downloadable worksheet is designed to help you fill in the multiplication model.
Multiply 2d by 1d with Regrouping Worksheet
Learn multiplication at the speed of lightning by practicing to multiply 2D by 1D with regrouping.
Find the product using Distributive Property Worksheet
Learn multiplication at the speed of lightning by finding the product using distributive property.
Multiplication of 2d by 1d with Regrouping Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by practicing multiplication of 2D by 1D with regrouping.
Break the Expression to Multiply Worksheet
Combine math learning with adventure by solving to break the expression to multiply.
Multiply Using Rounding Worksheet
Use this printable worksheet to multiply using rounding to strengthen your math skills.
Multiply by Breaking the Expression Worksheet
Reinforce math concepts by practicing to multiply by breaking the expression.
Multiply Vertically Without Regrouping Worksheet
Focus on core math skills by solving to multiply vertically without regrouping.
Break Multiply Add Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by practicing to break, multiply and add.
Multiply Vertically With Regrouping Worksheet
This downloadable worksheet is designed to help you multiply vertically with regrouping.
Break the Expression in Two Ways to Multiply Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by breaking the expression in two ways to multiply.
Multiply 2-Digit Number by 1-Digit Number Worksheet
Boost your ability to multiply 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers with this playful worksheet.
Two Ways to Multiply Worksheet
Practice two ways to multiply by printing this playful worksheet.
Regrouping in 2-Digit by 1-Digit Multiplication Worksheet
Learners must practice regrouping in 2-digit by 1-digit multiplication to enhance their math skills.
Rewrite the Expression to Multiply Worksheet
Boost your ability to rewrite the expression to multiply by printing this playful worksheet.
Multiply by Rewriting the Expression Worksheet
Be on your way to become a mathematician by practicing to multiply by rewriting the expression.
Facts of 12: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Combine math learning with adventure by practicing the facts of 12.
Rewrite Multiply Subtract Worksheet
Reveal the secrets of math wizardry by practicing to rewrite, multiply and subtract.
Facts of 15: Horizontal Multiplication Worksheet
Dive into this fun-filled printable worksheet by practicing the facts of 15.
Multiplication is an Essential Skill
Multiplication fluency can also ease the progress in school academics, and this necessary skill will also help cope with the complicated mathematics in higher education. Developing this skill proves best as a building block and aids with more complex tasks. Multiplication can be, in fact, the most entertaining and gratifying subject matter. We often make the learning process fun by introducing key concepts and ways to teach kids to learn and memorize the multiplication table.
Learning Multiplication in Six Steps
- Relating multiplication to addition.
- Starting with the multiples of 0 and 1 to multiplication by 10, 100, and 1000.
- Covering the multiplication table, beginning with the "easy" numbers.
- Showing how the commutative property makes things easier.
- Breaking memorization down into easy steps.
- Introducing the associative and distributive properties.
Multiplication facts are also helpful in learning times tables. With these strategies and tools in mind, you can see how multiplication does not have to be a scary or intimidating subject for yourself or your kids. Using these ideas to reinforce a well-structured math curriculum and watch your students' learning outcomes improve.
Multiplication can be introduced in kids learning through equal groups and repeated addition. For example: if you take 3 equal groups of 4 objects, each referring to 4 objects taken 3 times or 3 groups of 4 or 3×4. You can also use repeated additions to find the product of 3 times as 4, such as 4+4+4=12.
The development of basic math skills such as counting to tens, hundreds, thousands takes place progressively in the preschool years. With the ability to count numbers, math continues to upskill with counting operations such as addition and subtraction. Grade 5 math curriculum initiates advanced math operations. These operations include multiplication and division into solving equations.
Original and Free Math Resources
SplashLearn offers content from every important math topic, including multiplication that covers from pre-kindergarten to 5th grade. These downloadable worksheets have loads of exercises on the simple correlation of addition and multiplication, making understanding easier, and complex problem-solving sheets boost confidence. It starts from multiplying a single-digit number by multiples of 10 to solving questions on place value and powers of 10. The worksheets also include:
- coding-decoding powers of 10
- solving multiple-step word problems
- multiplying multiple digits with or without regrouping
- multiplying by doubling or rounding
- substituting the multiplication expression
- multiplying by parts
- finding the missing expression
- comparing scenarios
- choosing strategies
- multiplication models
- distributive property
- true and false
- Using number disks and place value charts: This enjoyment type cognition is more natural for young explorers. Place Value Disks help to promote concept-based learning. Students learn how to handle money, which is a helpful skill in real life.
- Using area model : The area model is a rectangular diagram used for division and multiplication problems. The quotient and divisor factors define the width and length of the rectangle.
- Using partial products : Partial product method implies multiplying each digit of variety successively with each digit of another, where each digit maintains its place. Consider, 21×34 would become (20×30) + (20×4) + (1×30) + (1×4).
- Acquiring the various math operators and framing appropriate math equations to multiply multiple numbers or n no. of digit factors
- Understanding the array model and area model to multiply the numbers of a product
- Executing the repeated addition approach to multiply the factors from 1 to 9 for word problems and math riddles
- Resolving numeric problems with array model and area model of multiplication
- Assessing the missing variable in a mathematical equation written using symbols for multiplication and division
Demonstrating the relationship between division and multiplication to solve a math problem logically