LED Screen Advertising Business Plan [Sample Template]
By: Author Tony Martins Ajaero
Home » Business Plans » Advertising & Marketing
Are you about starting a LED screen advertising company? If YES, here is a complete sample LED screen advertising business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE .
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a LED screen advertising business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample LED screen advertising business marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for LED screen advertising businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Establishing a niche business idea is a surefire way to stay on top of your industry. For example, if you are into branding and advertising, one niche business idea that you can start is LED screen advertising business. LED screen display is a flat panel display that uses an array of light-emitting diodes as pixels for a video display. When you make use of LED screen to advertise your goods or services; it is easier for your target market to be attracted.
The truth is that this business is highly profitable because every business would want to increase sales, though your level of profitability is dependent on your ability to come up with workable solutions to advertising cum publicity challenges for various businesses.
If you are sure this type of business is what you truly want to do after you must have conducted your feasibility studies and market research, then the next step to follow is to write a good business plan; a detailed blue print of how you intend raising your seed capital, setting up the business, managing the flow of the business, sorting out tax and marketing your products.
Know that it is one thing to have a fantastic idea cum business plan, but another thing for the business plan to translate to profits, that is why it is important to assemble a team of dedicated workers to work with if you want to be successful with your LED screen advertising business.
Below is a sample LED screen advertising business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no difficulty.
A Sample LED Screen Advertising Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
A LED screen display is a flat panel display, which uses an array of light-emitting diodes as pixels for video display. Their brightness allows them to be used outdoors where they are visible in the sun for store signs and billboards, and in recent years they have also become commonly used in destination signs on public transport vehicles, as well as variable-message signs on highways.
LED displays are capable of providing general illumination in addition to visual display, as when used for stage lighting.
LED screen advertising business is grouped under the billboard & outdoor advertising industry and the industry is composed of companies that create and design advertising materials for public display, including printed, painted or electronic displays.
Billboard & outdoor advertising agency may place the displays on billboards or panels as well as on or within transit vehicles, shopping malls, retail stores and other display structures or sites. If you are a close observer of happenings in the billboard & outdoor advertising industry, you will notice that over the five years to 2018, revenue for the industry is expected to increase.
Industry operators generate revenue through leasing of advertisement space on display faces, including billboards, public transit and street furniture.
The industry experienced stiff competition from various advertising media, but nonetheless, billboards remain an attractive form of advertising because of their ability to reach a mass market, a feat that is becoming more difficult as consumer markets fragment.
Advertising clients are increasingly requesting the measurement of impression and exposure. This has been detrimental to the industry because this reach is easily deliverable through the various quantifiable metrics that online and social media advertisements offer.
The billboard and outdoor advertising industry is in the mature phase of its life cycle and luckily for the industry, the advent of digital media has provided an opportunity for the industry to explore and experience vibrant growth. Of course, the industry is becoming more concentrated, as seen by a few large global firms dominating the market and gaining huge market share of the available market.
The Billboard and Outdoor Advertising Industry is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world.
Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 13,103 licensed and registered billboard and outdoor advertising agencies (including strictly LED screen advertising companies) responsible for employing about 37,300 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $9 billion annually with an annual growth rate projected at 0.6 percent.
It is important to state that the establishments with lion shares of the available market in this industry are CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings and Lamar Advertising.
A recent report published by IBISWorld shows that the Billboard and Outdoor Advertising industry is composed of companies that create and design advertising materials for public display, including printed, painted or electronic displays.
The report shows that operators may place displays on billboards or panels as well as on or within transit vehicles, shopping malls, retail stores and other display structures or sites.
In the report, it was stated that over the five years to 2018, industry revenue has increased marginally at an annualized rate of 0.6 percent to $8.6 billion. In 2018 alone, industry revenue is expected to grow at 1.9 percent. During the period, industry revenue has been supported by strong growth in total advertising expenditure, consumer spending and corporate profit.
To sum up, LED screen advertising business cannot be phased out despite the change in advertising approaches and the emergence of new media.
It is easier for advertising agencies to leverage on modern technology like LED screen to reach out to their target market. As a matter of fact, it is cost effective and far reaching for them to make use of social media platforms to carry out some of their advertising campaigns.
2. Executive Summary
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is a U.S licensed and world class LED screen advertising agency that will be located in downtown Las Vegas – Nevada.
We have been able to secure a well – positioned office facility in a central business district in South McCarran Boulevard at South Virginia Street. We are deliberate about choosing this location because it has a traffic count of 54,550 vehicles on a daily basis.
We are a LED screen advertising company that is set to compete in the highly competitive billboard and outdoor advertising industry in the United States.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. will offer robust LED screen advertising services to both corporate organizations and individuals. Our core services will revolve around creating advertising campaigns on LED screens, billboards and transit displays. Our business goal is to become one of the leading LED screen advertising companies in the United States of America.
Our workers are going to be selected from a pool of talented and highly creative advertising and media experts in and around Las Vegas – Nevada.
We will make sure that we take our workforce through the required trainings that will position them to meet the expectation of the company and to compete with leading advertising agencies such as CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings and Lamar Advertising in the United States.
At Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc., our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s business needs precisely and completely.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is owned and managed by Warren Pickford. Warren Pickford hails from Reno – Nevada, has B.A. in Communications at Northern Michigan University; M.Sc. degree in Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
He has over 13 years’ hands on experience working for one of the leading brands in the Billboard and Outdoor Advertising Industry in the United States of America.
3. Our Products and Services
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. was established with the aim of maximizing profits in the Billboard and Outdoor Advertising industry.
We want to compete favorably with leading advertising agencies such as CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings and Lamar Advertising in the United States, which is why we have but in place a competent team that will ensure that we meet and even surpass our customers’ expectations.
Our products and services offerings are listed below;
- Aerial LED screen advertising
- Billboard- LED screen display advertising
- LED screen bus, taxicab and subway-car advertising
- Display advertising
- LED screen transit advertising
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to establish a standard LED screen advertising company whose services and brand will be accepted in the United States of America.
- Our mission is to provide professional, highly creative and result oriented LED screen advertising services that will assist businesses, individuals and non-profit organizations in promoting their brands and reaching out to a wide range of potential customers. We want to build a LED screen advertising company that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the billboard and outdoor advertising industry.
Our Business Structure
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is a world class LED screen advertising company that intends starting small in Las Vegas – Nevada, but hopes to grow big in order to compete favorably with leading advertising agencies. We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hiring the best hands within our area of operation.
At Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, and creative, result driven, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Creative Director
LED Screen Advertising Specialist
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Executive
Client Service Executive
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for designing advertising concepts and winning business proposals for the organization
- In charge of copy writing and laying out chronological advertisement plans
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Ensures that the organization work in line with international best practices.
- Accountable for handling media planning, buying & representation
- Responsible for creating advertising campaigns
- Responsible for disseminating advertising campaigns through available LED screen outdoor mediums
- Responsible for handling core digital services such as aerial LED screen advertising, billboard- LED screen display advertising, and transit LED screen advertising
- Handles other related media and advertising advisory and consulting services
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales
- Creates new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empowers and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.
- Serves as internal auditor for Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person, online or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the creative director in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries.
6. SWOT Analysis
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. hired the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist our organization in building a well – structured LED screen advertising company that can favorably compete in the highly competitive billboard and outdoor advertising industry in the United States.
We know that if we get things right before starting our LED screen advertising company, we will not have to struggle before attract loyal clients and building our clientele base cum corporate profile to a level where we can easily breakeven.
Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.;
We can confidently say that we have a team of creative, result driven and highly proficient LED screen advertising cum branding expert, a team with excellent qualifications and experience in various niche areas in the billboard and outdoor advertising industry. Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected LED screen advertising cum branding experts, our services will be measurable, result driven and guided by best practices in the industry.
As a new LED screen advertising company in Las Vegas – Nevada, it might take some time for our organization to break into the market and gain acceptance especially from top profile clients in the already saturated billboard and outdoor advertising industry; that is perhaps our major weakness. Another weakness is that we may not have the required cash to pump into promoting our business especially via main stream media, the way we would want to.
Without a doubt, the opportunities available in the billboard and outdoor advertising industry especially as a LED screen advertising company is massive considering the number of individuals, businesses, government agencies and corporate organizations who want to reach out to their target market and increase their market shares, we are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that is available in the industry.
A major threat that we are going to face is the advancement of technology that can herald the use of other related display medium for advertising. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of an LED screen advertising company in same location where our target market exists and who may want to adopt same Business model like us.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
In recent time, individual behavior and demographics are being consolidated to convey more grounded measurements to the advertiser. Real time traffic, social media, and even camera analytics now provide accurate audience metrics for billboard sites. Digital metrics make it easier for media planners to consider and integrate their advertising campaigns.
You will notice that within the last 10 years, digital has completely transformed offline media – print has moved online, TV is now “on-demand”, and radio channels now distribute content via podcasts. Meanwhile, the billboard remains in the real world – only more data-driven and connected to other digital media.
Lastly, the billboard & outdoor advertising industry will continue to evolve due to the advancement of computer technology and software applications designs.
8. Our Target Market
Before starting our advertising agency, we are certain that there is a wide range of both corporate, government and individual clients who cannot successfully run their businesses without the services and support of a standard LED screen advertising company.
In view of that, we have created strategies that will enable us reach out to various corporate organizations, government agencies and individuals who we know can’t afford to do without our services. We have conducted our market research and survey and we will ensure that we meet and surpass the expectations of our clients Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically market our services to;
- Banks, Insurance Companies and other related Financial Institutions
- Blue Chips Companies
- Corporate Organizations
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
- Research and Development Companies
- The Government (Public Sector)
- Schools (High Schools, Colleges and Universities)
- Celebrities, Politicians, Public Figures and Public Speakers
- Sport Organizations
- Religious Organizations
- Political Parties
- Television Stations
- Printing Press (Publishing Houses) and Authors
- Branding and Advertising agencies
- Entrepreneurs and Startups
Our competitive advantage
Come to think of it, surviving in the business world as a LED screen advertising company requires more than your expertise, but also how to network with key people that matters.
We are quite aware that to be highly competitive in the billboard & outdoor advertising industry means that you are not only expected to be able to deliver consistent and excellent services, but you must be result driven and able to meet set targets. No one would want to continue to hire your services if don’t always meet up with the target sales the organization intends to generate when they hire your services.
Part of our competitive advantages are ability to negotiate successfully with regulators, ability to provide services in diverse locations and our ability to attract local support and patronage. So also, we have a team of creative, result driven and highly proficient LED screen advertising experts, a team with excellent qualifications and experience various niche areas in the billboard & outdoor advertising industry and other related industry.
Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected advertising cum digital marketing experts, our services will be measurable, result driven and guided by best practices in the industry.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are mindful of the fact that there are stiff competitions in the billboard & outdoor advertising industry, hence we have been able to hire some of the best marketing experts to handle our sales and marketing.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the billboard and outdoor advertising industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be equipped to meet their targets and the overall business goal of Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.
Our corporate goal is to grow Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. to become one of the leading advertising brands in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in the United States of America but also in other parts of the world.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our LED screen advertising company by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to key individuals, corporate organizations, government agencies, religious organizations and key stake holders.
- Promptness in bidding for LED screen advertising contracts from the government and other cooperate organizations
- Advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- List our business on yellow pages’ ads (local directories)
- Attend relevant international and local expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver excellent services
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients
Sources of Income
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the billboard & outdoor advertising industry and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to meet and surpass the expectations of all our clients.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. will generate income by offering the following LED screen advertising services and other related services;
10. Sales Forecast
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is well positioned to take on the available market in billboard and outdoor billboard & outdoor advertising industry and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income/profits from the first six months of operation and grow our LED screen advertising company to enviable heights.
We have been able to examine the billboard and outdoor advertising industry marketing space, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. Below is the sales projection for Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and of course the wide range of our LED screen advertising services we offer and our target market;
- First Fiscal Year: $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $700,000
N.B : This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same advertising services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our in house brand and publicity consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to become the number one choice for both corporate clients and individual clients in the whole of the United States.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events/programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our services
- Install our billboards in strategic locations all around Las Vegas – Nevada
- Engage in roadshow from time to time in targeted neighborhoods
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- List Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. in local directories / yellow pages
- Advertise Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles are well branded with our company logo et al.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
At Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. we will keep the prices of our services below the average market rate by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance from corporate organizations who would hire our services. In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to all our customers at regular intervals.
We are aware that there are some one – off jobs or government contracts which are always lucrative, we will ensure that we abide by the pricing model that is expected from contractors or organizations that bid for such contracts.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for our services without any stress on their part.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Having done our due diligence, this is what it would cost us to setup Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. in the United of America;
- Business incorporating fees in the United States of America will cost – $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license will cost – $3,500
- Leasing / renting an office space in a good location in Las Vegas – Nevada that will accommodate the number of employees for at least 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) will cost – $150,000.
- The cost for furnishing and equipping the office (computers, printers, projectors, markers, server / internet facility, furniture, telephones, filing cabinets, and electronics) will cost – $30,000
- The amount required to purchase the needed software applications – $ 3,500
- The cost for launching an official Website will cost – $500
- The amount need to pay bills and staff members for at least 2 to 3 months – $70,000
- Additional Expenditure such as Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions will cost – $5,000
- Miscellaneous – $5000
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need about two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a medium scale but standard LED screen advertising company in the United States of America.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is owned, financed and managed by Warren Pickford. He decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $85,000 and soft loan from family members $15,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $150,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
It is an established fact that the future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business closes shop.
One of our major goals of starting Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our LED screen advertising services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Rainbow Ruby™ LED Screen Advertising, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation, structures and standard operating processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner of our business strategy.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as determined by the board of the organization. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Securing a standard office facility in a good location in Las Vegas – Nevada: Competed
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the startup capital from the founders: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of Logo for the business: Completed
- Secure trademark for our products: In Progress
- Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, software applications, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the business: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors and key players in various industries: In Progress
- Social Media Marketing Agency Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Digital Advertising Agency Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Taxi Top Advertising Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Sales Representative Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Direct Sales Company Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Marketing Consulting Business Plan [Sample Template]
Manufacturer of Advertising Display
- Outdoor Billboards
- Scrolling Megaboard
- Mupi Scrolling Light Box
- Street Furniture
- Digital LCD Signage
- LED Signage
- Led Display Billboard
- Solar Solution
- Scrolling Mega Board
- LCD Digital Signage
- Digital LED Advertising
- Solar Billboard
- Product Name
- Product Keyword
- Product Model
- Product Summary
- Product Description
- Multi Field Search
How to Start your Own LED Display Advertising Business?
Views: 107 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-10-28 Origin: Site
Today, in addition to investing in advertising, the development of the LED display business can also bring you huge profits. However, this does not mean that you can blindly start a business without knowing how to successfully complete the business. You have to know How to Purchase LED Screen Advertising Display first.
Therefore, in order to help you start the LED Screen Display business correctly, we have discussed below how to develop large and small successful LED screen business. And What LED Display Parameters do you have to know. Now, without further ado, let us continue the following process.
Let's talk about the small LED display business because it is clear that no one can afford to create their own LED monitor in the first place. However, you can still get the benefits of LED screens and make money from some market-ready screens, right? Now, if you are confused about how to use the LED display to do business and make money, please discuss it below.
1. Invest in several screens
First, you must invest in one or two LED screens on the your city. Then, investing in off-the-shelf LED screens and then lending them to companies for advertising is a wise and very beneficial method. You can use personal business, store, restaurant, or other commercial space to set up these screens. However, if you don't have this kind of commercial space, it would be a good choice to pay someone a monthly fee to fix the LED screen on the wall of their store.
2. Set them up and find local customers
After buying the screen, you can invest and set it up in the commercial area, now it’s time for the audience to show their commercials. Now, since you will set up a display in a store in a small-scale market, it is best to find local customers to pay you for renting ads. For example, you can look for restaurants or small shops nearby so that local audiences passing by can know which store’s advertisement is playing on the screen and they can easily access them.
3. Start making money
Now that you have found suitable local customers, you can also play their business promotion advertisements on the LED display to pay you, and it's time to charge them. Best of all, there are no major charging regulations for LED screen advertising. Therefore, you can charge each customer according to your advertising needs and business type and get a good income.
The title of this business makes it very clear that we are talking about starting the LED display business with everything from your own manufacturing and branding. This mainly refers to creating your own LED screen and selling it as a basic business and a large business. Of course, this will require a lot of investment, but you can start with a few screens in the beginning. In addition, if you make some high-quality LED displays and promote them well, then those small businesses will definitely buy displays from you!
Now, you must conduct this business.
Learn how to create an LED screen display
This is the main and extremely important step to start your own LED display business. Once you understand the content of making these screens and gradually learn the preparations, you can easily improve the quality and business of the screens over time without worrying about any loss. Now to help you, let me discuss what is needed to create a flexible LED display.
LED Screen Cabinet
Control System with cloud software
Data cable and power cable
All the tools needed to assemble these components
1. Promote your screen
When it comes to further developing any business, branding and promoting it are very important. Therefore, once you have successfully established some screens, you can name your company and promote it online and offline. There are many ways to do this, including social media marketing, website promotion, offline banners, flex, brochures, etc.
2. Winning from local and competitor businesses
Last, but most importantly, it is time to choose your customers and make money from them. Now, once you upgrade the LED screen offline and online, you may attract customers for the screen. Remember, the better you promote your screen, the more people will be interested in buying from you. Also, in the beginning, don't just target large companies. Instead, sell your screen to all interested customers-while keeping the rates to a minimum.
These are some of the ways you can start your own LED display business without worrying about facing too many losses or taking huge risks in the beginning. We can get more customers when we just start and devote ourselves to our business. Once this happens, whether it is a small business or a large business, you can easily increase the rate and get better income!
Connect with us
Our workers ready to help you, corporate together.
Let's light up the future of advertising together
Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sat - Sun: 11 AM - 3 PM
Related News & Blog
How to Buy An LED Screen : A Guide for Businesses
Unlock Success：How To Do Business with Naked Eye 3D LED Screen Display: A Comprehensive Guide
How to Choose the Right 3D LED Screen of Transparent LED or Regular LED
How to Create Your Own Outdoor Naked Eye 3D LED Screen
How to Choose Suitable Brightness for LED Screen Display
How to Make and Design 3D LED Screen Display Video
How to Choose Correct Power Distribution Cabinets for Protecting Advertising LED Screen Billboard?
How to Choose the Suitable Pixel Pitch for LED Screens Display?
How to Choose Synchronous and Asynchronous Led Display
- Article title
- Article summary
- Article content
Let's keep in touch, quick link quick navigation.
- Media Solutions
- News & Blog
Showcase Quick Navigation
Sample Led Screen Advertising Firm Business Plan
Led screen advertising business plan sample.
Over the years, technology has played a huge role in advertising. The trend continues to this day with tremendous progress made in improved technology.
If you plan on setting up a sign-making or led screen advertising business, you may find this led screen advertising business plan useful. We have tried as much as possible to simplify this template.
However, you will gain more by using the information contained to write a plan unique to your business.
Although a great plan is necessary, it will amount to little or nothing if it isn’t fully implemented. Hence we recommend that you pay close attention not only to put together a plan but also fully implementing its contents.
Here is a sample business plan for starting a led screen multimedia company.
Beam Technologies is a led screen advertising company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Our range of services will be provided to small business owners as well as large corporate entities. We have been active participants in the led advertising industry for several years.
As a result, we have garnered significant goodwill and experience. We have also built strategic partnerships in the process. Hence, we seek to build on this achievement by establishing a world-class advertising service.
Client satisfaction is at the center of our philosophy. Therefore we have taken deliberate measures to implement an excellent customer relationship. This will be achieved through our customer service department.
- Our Services
We provide electronic advert solutions. These consist mainly of led screen advertising. An increasing number of businesses, (especially small businesses) are beginning to find it more attractive. This is one of the segments of the market we seek to target.
Similarly, our led screen advertising equipment will be provided for both small and big clients. We carry out sales, installations as well as maintenance services. This range of services ensures our clients never have to worry at any time. This covers the duration of the contract period.
- Our Mission
At Beam Technologies our mission is to become a major player in led screen advertising. This is a mission we seek to aggressively pursue. Hence we seek to use all available strategies (within legal boundaries) to achieve this objective.
Our vision is to provide high-quality products and services to our clientele. Consequently, this will impact positively the advertising industry. We also seek to align our services with our mission and vision. Hence, in the process, we can achieve our goals faster and more efficiently.
To actualize our objectives, financing is crucial. As such, we have done a thorough assessment of available sources.
Two major financing sources will be used. These include savings set aside for this purpose by the company CEO Jeff Martins to the tune of $300,000.00. An additional $600,000.00 will be sourced/obtained through loans. Monies realized will be used for the purchase of equipment and machinery, rent, and operational or running costs.
- SWOT Analysis
Running a successful screen advertising business requires an assessment of the pros and cons. We have done this by hiring the services of professionals. The SWOT analysis came out positive and revealed the following;
At Beam Technologies, our strength lies in our wealth of experience. Similarly, our vital network within the industry counts for much. This gives us a headstart by enabling us to hit the ground running. We have leveraged these advantages to set the bar higher in the provision of top-notch electronic advertising services. This is a strength we have discovered and seek to build upon.
While most businesses see this as insurmountable, we see tremendous opportunities for improvement. Hence, we have identified our weaknesses to be our limitations to take on mega projects. However, this is only for the short term.
As we grow, we will seek to improve capacity. As a result, we are excited to take on this challenge.
There has never been a better time than now in the led screen advertising industry. This is because the business has seen the potentials. As a result, there has been a rise in demand. We seek to utilize this opportunity by positioning ourselves as the foremost electronic advertising solutions provider.
Threats we may face are mostly in the form of an economic recession as well as stiff competition. Luckily, recessions aren’t frequent while stiff competition can adequately be managed.
- Competitive Advantage
At Beam Technologies, we have realized the to become and stay relevant, we need to have an edge. Clients are likely to gravitate towards a solutions provider considered more competent.
As such, our competitive advantage lies in our wealth of experience and expertise. We have a dedicated team of experts who have seen it all.
By this, we mean professionals who have worked with the biggest names in led screen advertising. These will bring their expertise and knowledge to bear in running our business.
- Sales Projection
The sale is an important part of our business. To stay profitable, this aspect of the business needs to be identified and worked towards. Based on industry standards, we have drawn a sales projection which we will strive to meet.
This is achievable and spans three years as shown below;
- First Fiscal Year. $120,000.00
- Second Fiscal Year. $210,000.00
- Third Fiscal Year. $400,000.00
- Marketing Strategies
To achieve our sales targets, this aspect of our plan needs to be carefully implemented. At Beam Technologies, we have adopted a wide range of strategies including the use of electronic led screen advertising.
Other strategies include social media marketing, marketing activities such as discussion with business owners on the benefits of our services.
Using this led screen advertising business plan as a template, you will expand your knowledge significantly. We advise that you brainstorm on what applies to your business. This will enable you to take include the most relevant information.
However, it isn’t enough to stress that, proper implementation is important.
Starting a Digital LED Display Advertising Business
Marketing and advertising together are integral parts of every indoor and outdoor business, and in today’s generation, the transition of traditional print advertising to Digital LED Advertising in the Philippines is no surprise as technology took the spotlight.
From the residential condominiums in Quezon City to the hottest club in the metro, Digital LED Advertising comes in full force to bring your message to the thousands of working Filipinos in the city.
First, what are LED Displays? As generally defined on the internet, “LED Displays are flat panel displays that use an array of light-emitting diodes as pixels used for video display.” In simpler words, it makes the message that advertisers are trying to convey attractively and most importantly, eye-catching.
Sure, advertisers have had those fancy light-up advertisements in the classy Manila of the 60s but they have never been able to replicate the clarity and the attraction that is possible today with Digital LED. Advertisements started with traditional print marketing wherein companies would have their advertisements printed in large format on outdoor LED display billboards to be displayed on our expressways and our cities and sure, they were wonderful – for a time.
Now that the technology to display a company’s brand in high definition and crisp colors exist, it is now the time to transition from traditional print advertising to Digital LED Advertising.
All around the world, advertisers are now opting for Digital LED Advertising – from New York’s iconic Times Square to the colorful streets of Tokyo, LED is everywhere and a large LED display is now.
Here are some of the advantages of Digital LED advertising boards:
• Ease of Distribution – Giant LED Screens are installed in areas where there is heavy traffic and this can achieve tremendous results in attracting eyes to the company’s brand and message. Digital LED Advertising is also used in major sports such as Basketball and American Football and brand recall is now easier than ever.
• Environment-Friendly – With the introduction of LED signboards, companies are no longer printing on paper and they are helping save the environment. Also worth noting is that the LED display screen comes with energy conservation! Helping save the environment is a cause that any company is sure to champion!
• Ease of Release – Advertisers can easily update marketing content at any time. The process is fast, easy, and reliable and it is not affected by weather conditions or anything that affects traditional print marketing. Large LED screens may be updated monthly while smaller LED outdoor displays update at least once or twice a week.
In summary, LED Advertising is almost impossible to ignore because digital signage is eye-catching and bright. LED Advertisements employ special effects and animated movement and are easily customizable, even if vital info needs to be changed and they can be fine-tuned to suit to be impactful in both night and day and best of all, should an advertiser be the lone-user of an LED billboard then chances are that advertiser would get most of the attention from the people who see such outdoor LED signs!
GUIDE: Signarama Franchise Info
Asides from the led billboard advertising rates, you can get the contact details of the nearest LED display supplier to you through Google.
Easily customizable, safe for the environment, and extremely eye-catching, LED Digital Advertising is the now we live in and it is time to adapt them even as more sign business franchises continue to spring up.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
LED Advertising Truck Business Plan
- By Gorden Shya
- January 28, 2021
- One Comment
Many clients want to buy a mobile LED advertising truck to start a new business. However, most of them cannot find a detailed business plan for application or preparation.
As the leading LED advertising truck manufacturer , we have prepared a unique LED advertising truck business plan based on our experience and marketing knowledge. We wish it helpful and you may love it.
XXX is a mobile LED billboard truck advertising agency which will also offer advertisement on led screen of truck to the people of Botswana. The main reason of advertising is to spread the country about a product or service to a specific audience, and we at XXX believe we have what it takes to offer these services to our clients.
Our plan at XXX is to target both corporate organizations and individuals. Our aim at XXX is become a major and earliest movable outdoor LED screen advertising media in the advertisement industry in Botswana and provide our clients with quality services. This goal we believe is very achievable with the way we plan to do things.
We plan to make sure our staff go through standard training which will make them ready to deal with any challenges they encounter. XXX will be offering its clients the best possible approach in planning and implementing a successful outdoor digital advertisement and show their advertisement to wherever they want.
We believe that our services will create a new outdoor marketing channel compared with traditional billboards and banners, transit advertising, street furniture, POS displays. Mobile LED screen truck will increase our sales, and enhance customer satisfaction. We plan to first and foremost understand the needs of each client and strive to get the right message across to the right people with our mobile LED screen trucks. We hope to exceed our customers’ expectations in the outdoor advertisement industry.
XXX owners has over XXX years’ experience in the advertising and marketing industry. XXX was the Chief Marketing manager of XXX and was crucial in the innovative advantage they had over their competitors.
II.General Company Description
The mobile LED billboard truck advertising industry is a part of the general outdoor advertising industry. Businesses in this industry use a LED screen installed on truck to display advertisement in different places of cities. According to statistics, total global revenue from outdoor advertising is about $50 billion. Strong growth is expected to come from markets where investment in infrastructure is rising, such as US, South Africa, Turkey, China, and Brazil.
Fortunately for the industry, solid growth in Botswana advertising expenditure has enabled strong overall revenue growth. This industry has maintained strong appeal over the past five years even with an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
Have it in mind that demand for outdoor advertising is driven by spending on transit infrastructure, as well as business in sectors such as retail, media, health care, banking and financial services. A report has it that the profitability of individual companies in the industry rest on the ability to attract and retain creative employees and establish and maintain successful relationships with clients.
We believe that big companies in the industry have advantages in providing outdoor advertising in multiple geographic markets. While smaller companies like us can compete effectively by specializing in this markets by offering creative outdoor advertising channels and forms. Our product, mobile LED screen truck, is the totally new creative outdoor advertising and promoting media for those advertisers.
Our Vision Statement
Our company’s vision is to establish a new outdoor advertising business that will dominate the advertising market by increasing the efficiency of advertisement and attending to the needs of our clients and achieving successful landmarks.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission at XXX is to offer our customers the best methods and tools in planning and implementing a successful mobile billboard truck advertisement. We will offer professional and highly creative advertising services and other related advisory and consulting services. This we believe will aid businesses, individuals and non-profit organizations in establishing their brands and reaching out to a large range of potential customers.
III. Products and Services
Our Product & Service
◆ Our digital mobile LED billboard trucks are designed with unique features that allow us to deliver highly impactful ads while driving in traffic, on highways, side roads and virtually any public street.
◆ Our routes are mapped using the latest GPS technologies and traffic data to get maximum visibility. Once parked the high-resolution LED screens can be raised more that 20ft in the air.
◆ So, we can drive a perimeter route around a sporting event moving with the flow of traffic then get inside to a tailgate section, raise both sides in under 5 minutes to get visibility from thousands of people in both directions to double your exposure.
◆ Whether we’re moving with traffic or or parked at an event our Digital Mobile LED Billboards and Screens get massive amount of impressions for your vivid videos and crystal clear ads. Our vehicles are built to adapt quickly, go above and beyond and deliver maximum reach to your customers.
◆ Our dynamic LED digital mobile billboards convert to double sided LED Screens. Our truck systems are specially designed to get to crowds of all sizes. All of our systems are built with hydraulic-lifting capabilities that allow our screens to quickly be raised to extend the visibility of videos, ads and live-feeds. From small groups to large crowds we’re sure to get you the visibility you need.
◆ Rain or Shine, all of our systems weather-proof, so don’t let rain put a damper on your event! They’re fantastic for indoor and outdoor events, day or night, and come with self-contained power and built-in audio. Our professional LED technicians can get your screen up and running in just a few minutes.
◆ Our Live-Feeds and Text-To-Screen promotions are a fun way to engage members of your community. We provide a moderator, and we’ll also develop a list of interactive questions/voting contests and games that keep crowds tuned-in and engaged.
◆ Want brand new sponsorship activations to offer to existing and new sponsors? We will provide new sponsorship activation ideas and opportunities customized for your event and for sponsors brands. We’re ideally configured for concerts, sporting events, fairs, festivals and any community event that wants to add more value for sponsors.
◆ Digital Mobile Billboards and LED Screens are visible in direct sunlight day or night, rain or shine. That means your promotional opportunities don’t have a time limit! Also our high-resolution screens can feature movies, games and vivid sponsor content for the crowds entertainment.
◆ Festivals are a great way for promoters to activate the community, create a buzz and raise money. No other company in the Botswana has the dynamic offering and hybrid digital mobile billboards /LED screens like we do. These are the money-makers for your event and we know how to maximize your efforts and mobilize brands. We can take your festival to the next level with our mobile digital billboards.
◆ Social Media Walls are an effective way to interact with customers and attendees with your specific brand through posts that appear on your event within just a few seconds! Consider a social media wall as another, very powerful marketing tool that enhances your overall event -whether you’re hosting a block party, a running race, a trade show, a festival or corporate event. It’s only natural that attendees enjoy seeing themselves, their friends and their coworkers on the LED screen – a Social Media Wall encourages them to post in real time – and the more people at your event who are posting customized hashtags and logos means a better chance at trending and getting more exposure.
◆ When you’re in business, getting Traffic to your business is a major concern. Whether you need more customers in your store, generating more phone calls or more visitors to your website your business is highly dependent on keeping a steady flow of quality traffic to your business.
Getting high quality traffic is not so simple for most businesses and brands. It takes a great deal of effort, planning, marketing resources and money to get in front of new customers on a regular basis. We specializes in helping businesses of all sizes connect with more customers. We use our innovative fleet of digital mobile led billboard trucks to increase engagements with customers that turn into more traffic, calls, more leads, more sales and more exposure for your business.
One of our objectives is to become a key figure in the outdoor advertising market. We have put plans in place to achieve this within 3-5 years. We plan to generate income by offering the following outdoor digital advertising marketing services;
▲ Campaign Designing
▲ Industry research and market targeting
▲ Building campaign system
▲ Plan testing
▲ Campaign implementation
▲ Tracking the campaign’s progress in real-time
▲ Instant measurability for ROI analysis
▲ Post-campaign analysis
We have chosen a suitable niche market business we believe is good and lucrative for our business. Detailed plans have been laid down for the actualization of our goals, which is why we have also gone through extensive means to produce a sales forecast.
We know that we are well positioned to take on the available market in outdoor advertising agencies industry and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough profits from our first one year of operation. Our sales forecast was done after extensive research, discussion, and analysis of what is obtainable in the industry. Outlined below is the sales projection.
First Fiscal Year: $80,000
Second Fiscal Year: $100,000
Third Fiscal Year: $150,000
Note: This sales forecast for Fast Track was actualized based on what is obtainable in the Advertising industry and with the belief that we will be using any threat or weakness as a stepping stone. This projection can go higher or lower with time.
Our Pricing Strategy
From our detailed research and analysis, we understand the various challenges we will be facing as new entrants in the outdoor advertising industry. We plan to keep the prices of our services at the average market rate by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment upfront from organizations that would hire our services.
We will also offer special discounted rates to all our customers at regular intervals. We believe that our initial pricing will attract customers and clients to us, and we hope to use that in boosting our brand awareness.
IV. Marketing Plan
Outdoor digital LED billboard is getting more and more popular. Take South Africa for example, around seven years ago, there were only two or three media owners in South Africa that had constructed digital billboards, and as a result they could largely dictate pricing. At the time, the billboard industry in South Africa was in the early stages of transformation following the rapid uptake and expansion of digital out of home (DOOH) globally.
Increasing numbers of OOH media owners entered the category, resulting over time in an explosion of digital billboards being erected across a number of major South African cities. This is not a surprise and mirrors similar trends that we see globally with digital billboards growing at 11.1% in 2019 (* Source PQ Media), nearly triple the growth rate of static or traditional OOH media.
According to Outdoor Auditors, there are currently over 200 OOH media owners in South Africa operating approximately 13 500 billboards. Of these 282 are digital, accounting for just over 2% of the site universe (Source Outdoor Auditors Feb 2020 Report). While representing a very small proportion of total sites, digital billboards are attracting significant revenues and have now replaced approximately 1 600 static panels, according to the latest February report from Outdoor Auditors.
Digital Roadside Billboards have increased from 174 sites in February 2018 to 282 in February 2020, reflecting growth of 62% over the two-year period.
According to the study, people who take notice of billboards make shopping decisions while in the car.
72% of billboard viewers frequently or sometimes shop on their way home from work
68% frequently or sometimes make their shopping decisions while in the car
38% decide to stop at the store while on their way home
24% say they were motivated to visit a particular store that day because of an outdoor ad message
32% visited the retailer they saw on a billboard later that week
50% reported receiving directional information from a billboard
24% said they have immediately visited a business because of an outdoor ad message
These findings indicate that digital outdoor LED billboard advertising does work. It will go much better if the led billboard is movable at outside. People notice the ads and are influenced by them too.
Our Target Market
We believe that there are many businesses in Botswana who can’t function without the aid of a mobile outdoor advertising firm. Mobile LED screen truck advertising is a major part of every business; you need to make people or your targeted audience know what you offer and where you offer them.
With our extensive research we have been able to state who our prospective clients will be and the best way to reach them. We have put everything into consideration and made strategies to get to them easily. Outlined below is a list of the people and organizations that we hope to help promote their business;
◆ Banks, Insurance Companies and other related Financial Institutions
◆ Corporate Organizations and technology companies
◆ Manufacturers and Distributors of foods and drinks
◆ Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
◆ Educational institutions (High Schools, Colleges and Universities)
◆ Governments and hotels
◆ Celebrities, Politicians, Public Figures and Public Speakers
◆ Sport Organizations and social clubs
◆ Media Stations and Religious Organizations
◆ Event planners and other businesses
As an outdoor advertising agency, we understand how important our sales and marketing strategies would be to the success of our business. That is why we trained all our employees to serve as both sales and marketing officials to our clients and also to our business.
We understand the needs of the industry and we have devised means to fill them. We will be spending hugely in our advertising strategies and team. We plan to use the following strategies to reach our targeted audience;
◆ We will introduce our advertising agency by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to individuals, corporate organizations, government agencies, non – profits, religious organizations.
◆ We also plan to create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver excellent services
◆ We will make use of the internet to promote our business
◆ Engage direct marketing approach
◆ We will make use of referrals
◆ Promptness in bidding for advertising and digital marketing contracts from the government and other cooperate organizations
◆ We will also advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, and radio stations
◆ We plan to list our business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
◆ Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our digital LED billboard vehicles are well branded with our company logo
V. Operational Plan
Our mobile LED billboard truck company will be built on trust and long lasting friendship. We have left no stone unturned in establishing a business that will provide excellent outdoor advertising services. We are committed to only hiring the best hands within our area of operation. We plan to hire individuals who are very focused and zealous, and we plan to start with the following business structure;
→ Chief Executive Officer
→ Creative Director
→ Advertisement manager
→ Truck driver
- Chief Executive Officer
◆Tasked with building the company’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and developing incentives
◆ Provides direction for the business
◆ Will also be tasked with creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
◆ Tasked with signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
◆ Evaluates the success of the organization
- Creative Director
◆ Works as the project manager of the organization; works directly with employees
◆ Tasked with designing advertising concepts and winning business proposals for the organization
◆ Tasked with copy writing and laying out chronological advertisement plans
◆ Tasked with accomplishing subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
◆ Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
◆ Tasked with making sure that the organization work in line with best practices.
- Advertisement manager
◆ Tasked with handling media planning & representation
◆ Tasked with disseminating advertising campaigns through available integrated mediums, such as TV, Radio and periodicals et al
◆ Tasked with handling core digital billboard truck services include banner advertising, video advertising, digital display advertising, video creating etc.
◆ Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
◆ Tasked with handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
◆ Tasked with supervising implementation, advocate for customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
◆ Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for increasing sales
◆ Create new markets cum businesses for the organization
◆ Tasked with preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
◆ Tasked with providing the Companies management with financial analysis, development budgets, and accounting reports
◆ Tasked with financial forecasting and risks analysis.
◆ Should be able to perform cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
◆ Tasked with developing and managing financial systems and policies
◆ Tasked with administering payrolls
◆ Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
◆ Handles all financial transactions
◆ Serves as internal auditor
- Truck driver
◆ Drive mobile LED billboard truck with pointed route
◆ Regularly maintain the LED billboard truck
◆ Play advertisement videos while driving
◆ Report the truck condition and real time event campaign condition
Our major strength is our creative mobile digital LED billboard truck. There is very few outdoor adverting companies which have stepped into this business. It is more cost effective for clients to rent our truck and improve their campaign effect. The operate cost is also small for us and we can easily work with many brands (big and small). This will also ensure business benefit and grow the trust our customers have for us.
Our main weakness will be the quantity of our mobile LED billboard trucks. And the problems we will be facing as a new entrant in the industry. We have taken these weaknesses into consideration and have put plans in place to perform above them.
Statistics has shown that the demand for mobile LED billboard advertising is growing and has no plans of going down. The competition in the traditional outdoor business community is growing every day. Businesses and individuals are striving to let their target audience know where they are and what new things they offer. This is what we plan to help them achieve.
According to our SWOT analysis, the competition with traditional outdoor media we will be facing will be fierce. The funds we need to build our business will another threat that will limit our success.
We have left no stone unturned in establishing a business that will provide excellent creative advertising services.
VI. Financial Plan
Financial plan shall be written by yourself according to local markets and your own investment. We have listed a youtube video to guide you how to finish a financial plan.
Guidance to write a financial plan
LED display pickup in United States
LED advertising truck in Nigeria
LED advertising truck in China
LED truck in Australia
Write at the end
An LED advertising truck business plan is an important document which shows your plans to operate this creative outdoor advertising business. We hope you can plan it well before you buy it or explain this project well to your partners.
If you have any questions about this business plan, please contact with us or write your comments at the section bellow.
Ideas for us! Think you’ve got a new perspective that will challenge our clients and readers to grow business in OOH media? Siwun is always searching for quality articles and blog posts. Thousands of OOH specialists in this area will read your work, and your ideas may be put in real strategy and business.
1 thought on “LED Advertising Truck Business Plan”
Pingback: Pros and Cons of digital LED billboard truck | Siwun Truck
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Visit Siwun truck factory
You might also like.
Pros and Cons of digital LED billboard truck
Huawei mobile promoting truck application in brand advertising
11 Tips to Buy mobile LED billboard Truck in China
How to Select Silent Generator for LED Screen Truck
Casarte launched new mobile exhibition truck campaign in 2019
Enter a new decade with an immersive, unique advertising experience that is surging in popularity. In an environment that is bombarded with advertising messages of all kinds and using every medium, capture and retains attention with high-definition LED screen advertising .
This latest iteration of digital signage is proving to be an essential means of indoor and outdoor advertising. It is reminiscent of the iconic displays of Picadilly Circus in London and Times Square in New York.
LED advertising displays are becoming more and more common sig in urban centres across the globe. The reception has been positive, demand is voracious, and the development of this remarkable new technology shows no signs of slowing down.
Read on to learn more about this high-growth technology, including LED screen advertising uses and applications, different advertising set-up, and how you can run your own profitable LED advertising business.
What is LED advertising?
LED advertising is a form of electronic advertising media that displays your static or video-based advertisement with illuminant high definition graphics. Superb installations can be fabricated to a variety of digital images, from static adverts to websites and streamed media. This form of digital signage has incredible utility, versatility, and portability.
It can be used to create multimedia advertising on any kind of surface. LED screen -based displays offer an exacting level of control and interactivity as the advertising content can be streamed to the advertising unit using a cloud-based content management system (CMS) and wireless internet technology.
Businesses of all kinds can use LED advertising for a wide variety of public sector, social and commercial entities and sectors including:
- Shopping centres and malls
- Restaurants and hospitality businesses
- Educational Institutions
- Creative Arts
- Event Management
…and more! The only limit to utilizing this LED display technology is imagination. Content can now even be personalized to the view for a uniquely targeted campaign.
Technology that underpins the next generation of advertising and communications
Digital signage such an LED video display provides the ability to harness the explosion in personal technology and has multiple points of synchronicity with some of the most promising technological developments on the market. This screen-based advertising is backed up by powerful software and cloud-based wireless technologies that are used to create the digital infrastructure that powers your campaign.
Aside from a variety of display screens, the hardware for LED advertising, made by companies like Cisco . also includes media devices and a content management server with an operating system of some kind. Recording impressions and viewer response mean that this media can also provide detailed analytical data that can be used to enhance or refine a campaign.
Single or multiple LED advertising units can be networked to provide synchronized or coordinated output, whatever is programmed much like with a regular computer. Consumer-facing advertising using this technology can be further enhanced by integration with some of the latest digital media, including:
- 360-degree video
- Touchscreen technology
- Body sensors
Enhance interactivity with augmented reality and LED advertising
Adapting and integrating these technologies with LED advertising realizes the promise of creating truly interactive advertising experiences, which have the power to transform how brands communicate and are perceived.
Augmented reality , in particular, evokes a great response from audiences by blending interactive animated digital content over a filmed real-world environment. Companies like Pepsico are using augmented reality LED advertising displays to a bold new dimension to their advertising.
One of their recent campaigns featured a London bus stop LED-display , which they turned into a fake window, inserting surprising objects like tigers and UFO into view to hilarious effect. Currently, companies are effectively harnessing augmented reality effects on smartphones.
With LED screens, the same effects can be reproduced on a much larger and more exciting scale, as seen with our recently completed video wall at the Arsenal football club . Augmented reality mirrors, games, and signage using LED screens hold power to transform the most mundane environment and boost your brand.
What are the key advantages of LED screen advertising?
There has never been a better time to make digital advertising an integral part of your company or product’s marketing strategy. Using LED screen advertising as part of your campaign provides the following benefits:
- As part of in-store advertising campaigns can be used to boost product appeal and tailored to the retail environment or task at hand for maximum response.
- Using LED screen advertising as your Out Of Home (OOH) advertising solution means that your digital content can be published with high-quality outdoor LED screens and relayed to a far broader public audience. Depending on the footfall, traffic speed, and the frequency and duration of your message, you can get your ads in front of a broad cross-section of a local community, potentially generating new interest, widening your audience, and increasing inquiries.
- The resolution and quality of this digital advertising are outstanding and will enhance its location with an unchanging high-quality presence. Over time, brands advertised using this media will become recognizable and trustworthy to regular passersby.
- Positive returns on investment in digital advertising may lead you to consider reducing the spend on paper-based forms of advertising such as billboards, posters, and printed advertisements. There are also none of the costs of reprinting in case you need to alter a particular campaign.
- LED Advertising provides the opportunity to create completely synchronous digital campaigns published and streamed across websites, phones, apps, television and radio, and Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) media. The innovative software and servers involved can be programmed to deliver coordinated and ultra-targeted advertising with a previously unseen level of control and accuracy. All campaigns can be run effectively from a single location.
- Real-time updates and edits can be made to advertising, meaning that you can constantly refine the precision of your targeting. Wireless technology and cloud-based computing mean you can remotely control your ads from a variety of advanced software portals to make any desired changes instantly.
- Enables some of the most advanced feedback, reporting, and analytics in the industry using sensors and HD video cameras that can accurately record audience response, viewing times, and interaction. Digital content can then be amended according to the demographic data obtained.
- Digital advertising can work effectively with social media, QR codes, EPOS, touchscreen technology, and more for targeted ads that can produce an instant return on investment.
- In a prominent public space will enjoy fantastic footfall for an attention-grabbing and reactive campaign. The costs of printing and setting up paper-based billboards are eliminated, as are the expenses of new recordings or print runs if advertising needs to be amended. Beyond the capital outlay for equipment and software, the ongoing cost for an LED screen advertising system is low, meaning all profits remain with you.
- Once the investment has been made in the appropriate hardware, setting up your digital advertising on the LED screens is straightforward using the supplied CMS and software.
Setting up LED advertising
The global expertise necessary to execute successful LED screen campaigns using these technologies is limited. Hence, consulting with a leading LED advertising manufacturer or company is vital. We are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of LED advertising solutions. Dynamo can provide such turnkey solutions for your project.
Dynamo can assist in avoiding errors, which can be time consuming and expensive. Our team of industry experts offers in-house consultancy, manufacturing, and engineering of your digital advertising media for maximum effect and profitability.
Getting professional input on setting up LED advertising will provide the best return as you will benefit from assistance in selecting the best LED screen, its optimal placement, and ongoing management.
Alongside the fabrication of your ideal LED display and its hardware components are the technical knowledge of how to devise an advertising campaign that will run profitably to ensure your investment delivers a return. The necessary playlist software and control software are also critical investments.
Once LED advertisements are set up properly, you will be surprised at how easy it is to manage and its low operating costs.
LED advertising is a sound investment for a digitally enhanced future!
Digital advertising in all its forms is creating a growth market that may well eclipse the remarkable growth of the e-commerce sector. It has the potential to transform high traffic areas and precincts and rejuvenate retail and commercial districts that have fallen on hard times. The business sector is only just becoming aware of the potency and profitability of LED screen advertising, and investment as an early adopter is likely to create a significant return on investment.
Should you invest in LED Screen Advertising?
Electronic advertising in all its forms represents a new marketplace that is well worth exploring as an investor. Implementing an LED screen advertising business plan can enable this accelerated growth sector to be tapped into.
Major global outdoor media companies like CBS Outdoor and Norton are already securing prime locations for installing high-quality digital billboards. It is clear that competition for locations, hardware, and marketing campaigns and slots will make digital promoting, and especially Digital Out Of Home Media, highly lucrative.
Running and LED screen advertising business is already becoming a growth sector, which means that by acquiring an inventory of screens and affordable, permitted locations for their display, you have the potential to establish a thriving advertising business or add LED screen advertising to an existing advertising company.
Both the screens and their locations are already being considered significant assets, and demand for both will only increase as this market starts to grow.
A viable LED screen advertising business plan would need to address the following key considerations:
- Finding and securing the best location for and LED screen billboard.
- Securing local authority buy-in and planning consent.
- Business depending on whether the venture is for indoor or outdoor advertising.
- Pixel LED screens.
- Costs of hardware, software, networking, and installation for your LED screen.
- Defining running costs for the LED screen.
- Choosing the type of campaigns that will be run via your screen (whether local or national businesses and brands).
- Establishing pricing and service packages and assessing their profitability.
- A strategy for finding and securing customers.
- Devising and developing digital advertising campaigns suitable for Out Of Home media.
- How to capture and hold the attention of audiences with your LED screen.
- Finding the right sequencing software for your ads.
Factory Free sample Led Advertising Board Business Plan - Indoor Outdoor P3.91 P7.8 P10.4 Window Transparent LED Screen – Yonwaytech
Short description:, product detail, related video, feedback (2).
Transparent LED Screen,Frontal Viewing Transparent LED Display Creative Customized Flexible Cabinet Size Design in size 500mm x 500mm , 1000mm x 500mm , 1000mm x 1000mmm Available.
Pixel pitch available in 2.8mm , 5.6mm , 3.91mm , 7.82mm , 10.42mm , 15.625mm , 25mm , 31.25mm for indoor or outdoor applications……
The minimum pixel pitch is 2.8mm which can reach 60% transparency.
Permeability is 60% -90%, translucent, ventilation, does not affect the lighting and line of sight，It’s very suitable for installing glass walls.
Reliable Slim glass led display Cabinet
Die-casting aluminum alloy cabinet integrated with all component for display, clean front and back.
Excellent heat dissipation, easy operation in installation and assembly no need extra special tool.
Fast Locks surrounding make sure a seamless video.
Super Light Weight≤6.5kg per cabinet.
Indoor installation for outdoor viewing
Easy to maintenance, safety, less approval processes than outdoor advertising，1500cd/㎡—5000cd/㎡ different budget optional.
No Need Heavy Steel Frame Structure,maximum cost saving in structure.
YONWAYTECH Transparent LED Display can pasted on the glass curtain wall directly without changing any structure,it is more convenient and quick.
Floor standing,wall mounted or hanging fixed solutions are flexible with your projects need.
Designed for Fixed installation or Stage Rental Video Wall.
Fast setup and easy maintenance, with high transparency and brightness to get the excellent visual performance, Transparent LED Display is ideal to apply at building facades, shopping centers, brand chain stores, airports, financial institutions, stages and events etc.
Technical Parameter: Y -CT-500×1000-V01
Hot Sale for Transparent Led Window Display - ...
Factory Price Digital Poster - 250mmX250mm Out...
18 Years Factory Electronic Church Signs Cost -...
Hot-selling Cheap Led Monitor - Dacing Floor L...
Cheap price Bendable Led Display - Outdoor Fro...
Factory Promotional Novastar Tech - P0.9375,P1...
+86 755 2738 7166
+86 138 2358 7729
Publish content to your screens directly from Microsoft Teams
Partnerships, case studies.
How to Create a Digital Signage Business Plan
We show you the quickest way to kick off your digital signage vision!
When most businesses look to employ a new method of marketing the hardest part is getting buy in from the powers that be. Take one of our clients for example, a super smart guy who had been in the digital signage market for over a decade. When trying to employ a digital signage network for his school it took him eight years. Why? Because there were so many elements to consider. What hardware would fit the mould and be affordable, what software would work for their organizational aims, who would manage it and what quantifiable benefit could they measure to ensure return on spend? Fortunately, many of these elements can be solved by putting together a digital signage business plan. If, like many of us at ScreenCloud, you’re a momentum maker – someone who wants to get on with getting those screens up on the walls, you may think why bother? But by preparing a quick plan you’ll get into the nitty gritty of your digital signage. This helps with sign-off, makes you laser focused on the potential of your digital screens and in the long-run, makes for much more effective displays.
Objective setting in digital signage
Choose an objective First stop: why are you implementing digital signage in the first place? Without an objective it’s going to be hard to achieve sign off and measure results. In agile project management and marketing, objectives are set by creating user ‘stories’. This can be a great way to visualize the aims for your digital signage displays. For example:
As a staff member, I know what’s going on in the company and this makes me more content in my job role. In education, your story may sound something like: As a teacher I am able to share information to students that helps them perform better and enjoy more engaging lessons. In retail perhaps your story is more sales orientated: As a customer I know about the latest monthly offers, which helps me to spend my money more wisely. Alternatively, you could use the SMART objective setting method, finding a digital signage goal which is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely. This could be something as simple as helping your production floor to have more awareness of their productivity levels, or raising sales around a specific campaign such as Christmas.
Make it visual Get your user story or SMART objective up on the wall. If it’s the key driver of your business plan it should be a daily reminder helping to spur you onwards. Get wider buy in Prepare some general benefits of digital signage, using statistics such as these . The power of digital signage is huge and many organizations are realizing the benefit, so this can help support your use case. Think bigger; can digital signage increase your revenue or reduce spend? Case in point: digital signage wayfinding saves on staff who need to direct customers and on printed static signs. Social media walls increase engagement helping marketing to achieve their objectives more quickly. Trello boards that track team productivity could help increase collaboration between teams, making project process faster. Think of the wider benefits to your organization and make a clear case for why you need digital signage over say, printed collateral or more staff. Screens look good sure, but chances are there’s a deeper use case for why they’re going to be so effective for your organization.
Choosing digital signage hardware
Select your hardware A section of your digital signage business plan should focus on the practicalities of how you’ll actually get those screens up on the walls. Fortunately, we have a great hardware selector tool that will help! This will determine whether to use screens you already have, if you need new ones and even what to do with that iPad or tablet you have lying around. The hardware is often perceived as the most daunting part to digital signage protégées but in fact, it’s one of the easiest! Usually, you’ll have two choices that will be the deciding factor. If you have a Smart TV that’s connected to the internet, you can set up cloud-based software such as ScreenCloud and not need any additional parts, media players or laptops. If you don’t have a Smart TV you’re usually best to add screen + media device which will help turn your dumb screen ‘smart’. Some of our favorites are the Chromecast with Google TV and the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K , our ScreenCloud OS device, the Station P1 Pro , and the Intel NUC Celeron and Asus Chromebox 4. Check our article on the best media player options for digital signage on a budget to learn more.
Consider the practical elements Here’s where many take a wrong turn; you pick a beautiful screen, get it up on the wall then quickly realize it’s impractical for your particular use case. Instead, visualize where your screen will be going. What height should it be at? Will the public, or students, be able to turn it off? If tampering is an issue, you may want to consider a screen such as the ones from Allsee with hidden buttons and controls. If you’re using an iPad or tablet you may want to fix them in a Bouncepad or similar, to ensure that the screen can’t be lost or removed. Is ambient light an issue? In a light atrium, you’ll want to check the screen spec for high visibility in bright lighting conditions.
Narrow down the options and make a pros and cons sheet for each. Making the hardware selection process as easy as possible will make your job (and your boss’) much easier in the long run.
Employing digital signage software
Check compatibility Not too long ago digital signage software was clunky and took a team of IT experts to help set up. Now, the market is incredibly different. Modern digital signage software is cloud-based, meaning it can be accessed from any smart TV (or regular TV enabled with a smart device). This makes compatibility much easier. Yet even with cloud-based software you’ll want to think about if your screen will have a strong Wi-Fi connection from where it’s positioned. If you’re using a media device such as an Amazon Fire Stick, is there a place where it can be easily hidden or shelved?
Consider software management When choosing a piece of software, a free trial will quickly help you get to grips with the benefits. As part of this process, you’ll want to try and view the software from the perspective of the people managing it. For example, some digital signage software relies on API integration. Is your head of department, or social media manager technical enough? Then there are logistical questions such as where the software can be managed from, how easy it is to update and whether changes can be made remotely.
Think about scale Can the software you’re choosing now for your one screen scale when you want to add 50 more? Is there an enterprise-level price break? Is it easy to add (or remove) more screens at a later date? Projecting into your one, two or five-year digital signage plan will help you make the right choice early on and save switching at a later date.
Creating a content plan
During the software selection process consider creating an overview of content that will show what you plan to do with the digital signage network once in place. This combats what we like to call the ‘set it and forget it’ mindset where screens get placed on walls but never have content on show, or content that’s so out-of-date it might as well not be showing.
Content type; owned, curated and apps You may already have content you want to share for example; presentations, reports, websites, internal wikis and intranets. In this case, ensure compatibility then list your owned resources and why you plan to show them. Many digital signage software systems (including ScreenCloud) offer App Stores . Here, you can choose from a range of apps that mould content you’ve already produced (for example social media) or provide curated content for you to share. This could be news feeds, weather apps, local travel information, visualizations of your dashboards, Trello boards or live sports scores. Again, link this back to your objectives and your use cases. Why do you want to show travel information? What is it about social media walls that would be a good fit for your company? It’s much easier to quantify and create a content plan when you know why you’re setting it up in the first place!
Content management and updates As well as the type of content you’ll show, consider how you’ll manage content in a month, or a year’s time. Will you have multiple users who'll have access or one dedicated digital signage master? Will you use content that updates itself (such as social media and news feeds) or will presentations and reports need manual updates at certain points? A schedule of updates or a digital signage content calendar will show that digital signage is part of your long-term plan. It will also ensure that content doesn’t sit stagnant after the initial installation. Branding and design If you’re planning on creating some of your own digital menu boards, notices or presentations, factor in any design resource needed early on. This reduces the levels of approval needed and keeps Design involved in the process so they know exactly what they’re designing for and why.
Ensuring return on objective
Once your nuts and bolts are in place, consider how, why and when you will measure them. In this post we discuss the benefits of return on objective vs return on investment. Both are great measurements that will help you to work out how successful your screens and strategy are. To help keep this measurable remember:
1. Nail your target audience Answer these questions to uncover your digital signage audience personas. This will help determine what content to show, the pace of your content and how often to change it. Objectives need to be measured periodically, so your audience will go some way to telling when they should be measured - whether that’s daily, weekly or year-on-year. 2. Link back to organizational aims Just like any other marketing strategy, the objective of your digital signage screens is to improve or enhance your organization in some way. Find out the real benefits, link them back and determine how you will measure each and every one. If it’s staff happiness you want to improve, survey staff or create a simple feedback form. To raise your social media following through the roof, track stats, ask people where they came from and include a campaign-specific offer code. All of which, will help you ensure you’re making a difference to your organization – not just your walls. 3. Improve and adjust Digital signage isn’t an exact science. The best marketing managers and content creators need to pivot, adjust, test and redesign. As such a prominent medium you can usually get a good gist for how your displays are doing. If they aren’t working, the beauty of digital signage is that you can change them as easily as you might update a Facebook cover image or a slide in a presentation. Switch the content and test again. Unlike static signs, there’s no permanence to your campaigns so you can really drill into the bits that work and improve the ones that don’t.
Now you’ve done the hard bit, the rest is easy. Head to ScreenCloud set up your free trial and boom, you’re ready to go!
Ready to get your organization connected?
Connect your first screen today with our 14-day free trial
We earn commissions if you shop through the links below. Read more
Billboard Advertising Business
Back to All Business Ideas
How to Start a Billboard Advertising Business
Written by: Carolyn Young
Carolyn Young is a business writer who focuses on entrepreneurial concepts and the business formation. She has over 25 years of experience in business roles, and has authored several entrepreneurship textbooks.
Edited by: David Lepeska
David has been writing and learning about business, finance and globalization for a quarter-century, starting with a small New York consulting firm in the 1990s.
Published on May 9, 2023 Updated on December 3, 2023
$81,300 - $113,300
$36,000 - $216,000 p.a.
Time to build
$18,000 - $108,000 p.a.
Have you ever driven by a billboard and wondered how it got there, who owns it, and who’s profiting? Well, probably not, but billboard advertising is a $9 billion industry, and an interesting one.
Billboard advertising companies usually lease a small plot of land from a landowner, build the billboard, and pay the landowner a percentage of the revenue that comes from selling the ad space on the billboard. The landowner gets a fully passive income from their land, and the billboard advertising company also gets a relatively passive income from the advertiser.
Sounds like a good deal, right? You could get in on the action by starting your own billboard advertising company.
But before you go hunting for land, you’ll need to understand more about the business. Luckily, this step-by-step guide has you covered with all the information you need to start a successful billboard advertising business.
Looking to register your business? A limited liability company (LLC) is the best legal structure for new businesses because it is fast and simple.
Form your business immediately using ZenBusiness LLC formation service or hire one of the Best LLC Services .
Step 1: Decide if the Business Is Right for You
Pros and cons.
- Relatively passive income
- Good growth potential
- Highly profitable at scale
- High startup costs
- Billboard advertising market is declining
Billboard advertising industry trends
Industry size and growth.
- Industry size and past growth – The U.S. billboard and outdoor advertising industry is worth $9 billion in 2023 after declining 2.3% annually for the last five years.(( https://www.ibisworld.com/united-states/market-research-reports/billboard-outdoor-advertising-industry/ ))
- Growth forecast – The U.S. billboard and outdoor advertising industry is projected to decline 5.6% in 2023.
- Number of businesses – In 2023, 12,850 billboard and outdoor advertising businesses are operating in the U.S.
- Number of people employed – In 2023, the U.S. billboard and outdoor advertising industry employs 36,784 people.
Trends and challenges
- Digital billboards, which can flip between advertisements, are being increasingly used instead of traditional static billboards.
- Smart billboards have been developed that use AI to detect the features of passers-by and target the digital message to those people.
- The rise of online marketing has many thinking that billboard advertising is obsolete.
- The effectiveness of billboard advertising is difficult to measure, making it a challenge to sell billboard advertising space.
How much does it cost to start a billboard advertising business?
Startup costs for a billboard advertising business range from $80,000 to $115,000. Costs include your initial lease payment and the construction of the billboard.
Instead of leasing the land, you could purchase an easement on the landowner’s property from the landowner. This increases your upfront costs, but you’ll have a higher profit margin going forward since you won’t be making lease payments.
How much can you earn from a billboard advertising business?
How much you charge for billboard advertising space will depend on the location. In a rural area you can expect about $1,500 per month, while for billboards in a mid-sized city can fetch $3,000 per month. In both these areas, you can expect to pay the landowner about 20% of what you bring in. Your overall profit margin after all expenses should be about 50%.
These calculations will assume that you’ll start with one billboard that brings in $3,000 per month, which would mean $36,000 in revenue and $18,000 in profit.
As you gain traction, you might add five new billboards to your portfolio for a total of six. With annual revenue of $216,000, you’d make a tidy profit of $108,000.
What barriers to entry are there?
There are a few barriers to entry for a billboard advertising business. Your biggest challenges will be:
- Funding the startup costs
- Finding suitable land to purchase or lease
Related Business Ideas
How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency
How to Start an Advertising Agency
How to Start a Yard Sign Business
Step 2: hone your idea.
Now that you know what’s involved in starting a billboard advertising, it’s a good idea to hone your concept in preparation to enter a competitive market.
Market research could give you the upper hand even if you’ve got the perfect product. Conducting robust market research is crucial, as it will help you better understand your customers, your competitors, and the broader business landscape.
Analyze your competitors
Research billboard advertising businesses in your area to examine their services, price points, and customer reviews.
- Make a list of billboard advertising businesses that offer similar services.
- Review your competitors’ services – their features, pricing, and quality – and marketing strategies
- Check out their online reviews and ratings on Google, Yelp, and Facebook to get an idea of what their customers like and dislike.
- Identify your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
This should identify areas where you can strengthen your business and gain a competitive edge to make better business decisions.
Why? Identify an opportunity
You’re looking for a market gap to fill. For instance, maybe the local market is missing a billboard advertising company that offers other types of ooh advertising such as bench or bus advertising. (ooh advertising is out of home advertising).
You might consider targeting a niche, such as digital billboards.
This could jumpstart your word-of-mouth marketing and attract clients right away.
What? Determine your products or services
In addition to billboard ads, you could offer bench ads or bus stop ads. Those would require less of an upfront investment.
How much should you charge for billboard ad space?
Prices will be based on market prices in your chosen location. They should also be based on your costs to produce the ads.
Once you know your costs, use this Step By Step profit margin calculator to determine your mark-up and final price points. Remember, the prices you use at launch should be subject to change if warranted by the market.
Who? Identify your target market
Your target market will be business owners in your chosen location. You can connect with them on LinkedIn or call on them directly.
Where? Choose your business premises
In the early stages, you may want to run your business from home to keep costs low. But as your business grows, you’ll likely need to hire workers for various roles and may need to rent out an office. You can find commercial space to rent in your area on sites such as Craigslist , Crexi , and Instant Offices .
When choosing a commercial space, you may want to follow these rules of thumb:
- Central location accessible via public transport
- Ventilated and spacious, with good natural light
- Flexible lease that can be extended as your business grows
- Ready-to-use space with no major renovations or repairs needed
Step 3: Brainstorm a Billboard Advertising Company Name
Your business name is your business identity, so choose one that encapsulates your objectives, services, and mission in just a few words. You probably want a name that’s short and easy to remember, since much of your business, and your initial business in particular, will come from word-of-mouth referrals.
Here are some ideas for brainstorming your business name:
- Short, unique, and catchy names tend to stand out
- Names that are easy to say and spell tend to do better
- Name should be relevant to your product or service offerings
- Ask around — family, friends, colleagues, social media — for suggestions
- Including keywords, such as “billboard advertising” or “ooh advertising”, boosts SEO
- Name should allow for expansion, for ex: “Beyond Billboards Advertising” over “Skyline Media Solutions”
- Avoid location-based names that might hinder future expansion
- Use online tools like the Step by Step Business Name Generator . Just type in a few keywords and hit “generate” and you’ll have dozens of suggestions at your fingertips.
Once you’ve got a list of potential names, visit the website of the US Patent and Trademark Office to make sure they are available for registration and check the availability of related domain names using our Domain Name Search tool. Using “.com” or “.org” sharply increases credibility, so it’s best to focus on these.
Find a Domain
Powered by GoDaddy.com
Finally, make your choice among the names that pass this screening and go ahead and reserve your business name with your state, start the trademark registration process, and complete your domain registration and social media account creation.
Your business name is one of the key differentiators that sets your business apart. Once you pick a name, reserve it and start with the branding, it’s hard to switch to a new name. So be sure to carefully consider your choice before moving forward.
Step 4: Create a Billboard Advertising Business Plan
Every business needs a plan. This will function as a guidebook to take your startup through the launch process and maintain focus on your key goals. A business plan also enables potential partners and investors to better understand your company and its vision:
- Executive Summary: Summarize your Billboard Advertising business plan, highlighting the objectives, target market, and unique value proposition.
- Business Overview: Provide an overview of your Billboard Advertising business, including its mission, vision, and the geographical areas you plan to serve.
- Product and Services: Describe the types of billboard advertising services you’ll offer, such as digital billboards, traditional billboards, and any additional services like design or content creation.
- Market Analysis: Analyze the outdoor advertising industry, identifying trends, market size, and potential clients, while also considering factors like location and demographics.
- Competitive Analysis: Assess your competitors in the billboard advertising space, highlighting your agency’s strengths, pricing strategy, and any innovative features.
- Sales and Marketing: Explain your marketing and sales strategies, including how you’ll attract advertisers, build relationships, and promote your billboard spaces.
- Management Team: Introduce key team members responsible for managing your Billboard Advertising business, emphasizing their expertise in advertising, sales, and operations.
- Operations Plan: Detail the day-to-day operations of your business, from acquiring billboard locations to maintenance, scheduling, and client management.
- Financial Plan: Present financial projections, including startup costs, revenue forecasts, and profitability, and outline your pricing strategy for billboard rentals.
- Appendix: Include any supplemental materials, such as billboard location data, advertising contracts, or case studies, to support your Billboard Advertising business plan.
If you’ve never created a business plan, it can be an intimidating task. You might consider hiring a business plan specialist to create a top-notch business plan for you.
Step 5: Register Your Business
Registering your business is an absolutely crucial step — it’s the prerequisite to paying taxes, raising capital, opening a bank account, and other guideposts on the road to getting a business up and running.
Plus, registration is exciting because it makes the entire process official. Once it’s complete, you’ll have your own business!
Choose where to register your company
Your business location is important because it can affect taxes, legal requirements, and revenue. Most people will register their business in the state where they live, but if you are planning to expand, you might consider looking elsewhere, as some states could offer real advantages when it comes to billboard advertising businesses.
If you’re willing to move, you could really maximize your business! Keep in mind, it’s relatively easy to transfer your business to another state.
Choose your business structure
Business entities come in several varieties, each with its pros and cons. The legal structure you choose for your billboard advertising business will shape your taxes, personal liability, and business registration requirements, so choose wisely.
Here are the main options:
- Sole Proprietorship – The most common structure for small businesses makes no legal distinction between company and owner. All income goes to the owner, who’s also liable for any debts, losses, or liabilities incurred by the business. The owner pays taxes on business income on his or her personal tax return.
- General Partnership – Similar to a sole proprietorship, but for two or more people. Again, owners keep the profits and are liable for losses. The partners pay taxes on their share of business income on their personal tax returns.
- Limited Liability Company ( LLC ) – Combines the characteristics of corporations with those of sole proprietorships or partnerships. Again, the owners are not personally liable for debts. Here’s how to form an LLC .
- C Corp – Under this structure, the business is a distinct legal entity and the owner or owners are not personally liable for its debts. Owners take profits through shareholder dividends, rather than directly. The corporation pays taxes, and owners pay taxes on their dividends, which is sometimes referred to as double taxation. Read how to start a corporation here .
- S Corp – An S-Corporation refers to the tax classification of the business but is not a business entity. An S-Corp can be either a corporation or an LLC , which just need to elect to be an S-Corp for tax status. In an S-Corp, income is passed through directly to shareholders, who pay taxes on their share of business income on their personal tax returns.
We recommend that new business owners choose LLC as it offers liability protection and pass-through taxation while being simpler to form than a corporation. You can form an LLC in as little as five minutes using an online LLC formation service. They will check that your business name is available before filing, submit your articles of organization , and answer any questions you might have.
Form Your LLC
Choose Your State
We recommend ZenBusiness as the Best LLC Service for 2023
Step 6: Register for Taxes
The final step before you’re able to pay taxes is getting an Employer Identification Number , or EIN. You can file for your EIN online or by mail or fax: visit the IRS website to learn more. Keep in mind, if you’ve chosen to be a sole proprietorship you can simply use your social security number as your EIN.
Once you have your EIN, you’ll need to choose your tax year. Financially speaking, your business will operate in a calendar year (January–December) or a fiscal year, a 12-month period that can start in any month. This will determine your tax cycle, while your business structure will determine which taxes you’ll pay.
The IRS website also offers a tax-payers checklist , and taxes can be filed online.
It is important to consult an accountant or other professional to help you with your taxes to ensure you are completing them correctly.
Step 7: Fund your Business
Securing financing is your next step and there are plenty of ways to raise capital:
- Bank loans: This is the most common method but getting approved requires a rock-solid business plan and strong credit history.
- SBA-guaranteed loans: The Small Business Administration can act as guarantor, helping gain that elusive bank approval via an SBA-guaranteed loan .
- Government grants: A handful of financial assistance programs help fund entrepreneurs. Visit Grants.gov to learn which might work for you.
- Friends and Family: Reach out to friends and family to provide a business loan or investment in your concept. It’s a good idea to have legal advice when doing so because SEC regulations apply.
- Crowdfunding: Websites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo offer an increasingly popular low-risk option, in which donors fund your vision. Entrepreneurial crowdfunding sites like Fundable and WeFunder enable multiple investors to fund your business.
- Personal: Self-fund your business via your savings or the sale of property or other assets.
Bank and SBA loans are probably the best option, other than friends and family, for funding a billboard advertising business. You might also try crowdfunding if you have an innovative concept.
Step 8: Apply for Licenses/Permits
Starting a billboard advertising business requires obtaining a number of licenses and permits from local, state, and federal governments.
You’ll have to comply with all federal and state regulations regarding highways.
Federal regulations, licenses, and permits associated with starting your business include doing business as (DBA), health licenses and permits from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration ( OSHA ), trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other intellectual properties, as well as industry-specific licenses and permits.
You may also need state-level and local county or city-based licenses and permits. The license requirements and how to obtain them vary, so check the websites of your state, city, and county governments or contact the appropriate person to learn more.
You could also check this SBA guide for your state’s requirements, but we recommend using MyCorporation’s Business License Compliance Package . They will research the exact forms you need for your business and state and provide them to ensure you’re fully compliant.
This is not a step to be taken lightly, as failing to comply with legal requirements can result in hefty penalties.
If you feel overwhelmed by this step or don’t know how to begin, it might be a good idea to hire a professional to help you check all the legal boxes.
Step 9: Open a Business Bank Account
Before you start making money, you’ll need a place to keep it, and that requires opening a bank account .
Keeping your business finances separate from your personal account makes it easy to file taxes and track your company’s income, so it’s worth doing even if you’re running your billboard advertising business as a sole proprietorship. Opening a business bank account is quite simple, and similar to opening a personal one. Most major banks offer accounts tailored for businesses — just inquire at your preferred bank to learn about their rates and features.
Banks vary in terms of offerings, so it’s a good idea to examine your options and select the best plan for you. Once you choose your bank, bring in your EIN (or Social Security Number if you decide on a sole proprietorship), articles of incorporation, and other legal documents and open your new account.
Step 10: Get Business Insurance
Business insurance is an area that often gets overlooked yet it can be vital to your success as an entrepreneur. Insurance protects you from unexpected events that can have a devastating impact on your business.
Here are some types of insurance to consider:
- General liability: The most comprehensive type of insurance, acting as a catch-all for many business elements that require coverage. If you get just one kind of insurance, this is it. It even protects against bodily injury and property damage.
- Business Property: Provides coverage for your equipment and supplies.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance: Covers the cost of replacing or repairing equipment that has broken due to mechanical issues.
- Worker’s compensation: Provides compensation to employees injured on the job.
- Property: Covers your physical space, whether it is a cart, storefront, or office.
- Commercial auto: Protection for your company-owned vehicle.
- Professional liability: Protects against claims from a client who says they suffered a loss due to an error or omission in your work.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP): This is an insurance plan that acts as an all-in-one insurance policy, a combination of the above insurance types.
Step 11: Prepare to Launch
As opening day nears, prepare for launch by reviewing and improving some key elements of your business.
Essential software and tools
Being an entrepreneur often means wearing many hats, from marketing to sales to accounting, which can be overwhelming. Fortunately, many websites and digital tools are available to help simplify many business tasks.
You may want to use industry-specific software, such as SignDash , or Ad Sales Genius , to manage your contracts, billboard space inventory, and invoicing.
- Popular web-based accounting programs for smaller businesses include Quickbooks , Freshbooks , and Xero .
- If you’re unfamiliar with basic accounting, you may want to hire a professional, especially as you begin. The consequences for filing incorrect tax documents can be harsh, so accuracy is crucial.
Create a website
Website development is crucial because your site is your online presence and needs to convince prospective clients of your expertise and professionalism. You can create your own website using services like WordPress, Wix, or Squarespace . This route is very affordable, but figuring out how to build a website can be time-consuming. If you lack tech-savvy, you can hire a web designer or developer to create a custom website for your business.
Your customers are unlikely to find your website, however, unless you follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices. SEO will help your website appear closer to the top in relevant search results, a crucial element for increasing sales.
Make sure that you optimize calls to action on your website. Experiment with text, color, size, and position of calls to action such as “Buy Ad Space Now”. This can sharply increase purchases.
Starting a Billboard Advertising Business can be a lucrative venture, and success hinges on effective marketing strategies. Here are practical tips to help you thrive in this competitive industry.
- Local Partnerships and Sponsorships: Forge alliances with local businesses and events for mutual benefit, offering discounted rates or sponsorships in exchange for increased visibility on your billboards.
- Targeted Social Media Advertising: Utilize social media platforms to showcase your billboard locations, engage with local communities, and run targeted advertising campaigns to reach potential clients and advertisers.
- Creative Content and Design Competitions: Encourage local artists and designers to submit billboard content, hosting competitions that not only generate buzz but also provide fresh, eye-catching designs for your advertising spaces.
- Data-Driven Location Selection: Use demographic and traffic data to strategically choose billboard locations, ensuring maximum exposure for your clients and attracting advertisers looking for specific target audiences.
- Mobile Billboard Services: Offer mobile billboard services for special events, parades, or high-traffic areas, providing a dynamic and attention-grabbing advertising option that sets you apart from static billboard competitors.
- Seasonal and Themed Campaigns: Align your marketing efforts with seasonal trends and themed campaigns, offering special packages and discounts to advertisers looking to capitalize on specific events or holidays.
- Customer Referral Programs: Implement referral programs that incentivize existing clients to refer new advertisers, creating a network effect that expands your client base through word-of-mouth marketing.
- Interactive Technology Integration: Invest in technology that allows for interactive billboard experiences, such as QR codes or augmented reality, enhancing engagement and providing additional value to advertisers.
- Community Involvement and Events: Attend local community events, fairs, and trade shows to build relationships with potential advertisers, demonstrating your commitment to the community and showcasing the impact of billboard advertising.
- Performance Metrics and Reporting: Provide transparent performance metrics to advertisers, showcasing the effectiveness of their campaigns and building trust, ultimately leading to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth.
Focus on USPs
Unique selling propositions, or USPs, are the characteristics of a product or service that sets it apart from the competition. Customers today are inundated with buying options, so you’ll have a real advantage if they are able to quickly grasp how your billboard advertising business meets their needs or wishes. It’s wise to do all you can to ensure your USPs stand out on your website and in your marketing and promotional materials, stimulating buyer desire.
Global pizza chain Domino’s is renowned for its USP: “Hot pizza in 30 minutes or less, guaranteed.” Signature USPs for your billboard advertising business could be:
- Best locations, best prices
- Get noticed by 20,000 people a day
- Prime locations, prime results
You may not like to network or use personal connections for business gain. But your personal and professional networks likely offer considerable untapped business potential. Maybe that Facebook friend you met in college is now running a billboard advertising business, or a LinkedIn contact of yours is connected to dozens of potential clients. Maybe your cousin or neighbor has been working in billboard advertising for years and can offer invaluable insight and industry connections.
The possibilities are endless, so it’s a good idea to review your personal and professional networks and reach out to those with possible links to or interest in billboard advertising. You’ll probably generate new customers or find companies with which you could establish a partnership.
Step 12: Build Your Team
If you’re starting out small from a home office, you may not need any employees. But as your business grows, you will likely need workers to fill various roles. Potential positions for a billboard advertising business include:
- Salespeople – sell ad space
- Marketing Lead – create and implement marketing strategies
- General Manager – accounting, scheduling
At some point, you may need to hire all of these positions or simply a few, depending on the size and needs of your business. You might also hire multiple workers for a single role or a single worker for multiple roles, again depending on need.
Free-of-charge methods to recruit employees include posting ads on popular platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Jobs.com. You might also consider a premium recruitment option, such as advertising on Indeed , Glassdoor , or ZipRecruiter . Further, if you have the resources, you could consider hiring a recruitment agency to help you find talent.
Step 13: Run a Billboard Advertising Business – Start Making Money!
Billboard advertising is not dead! It’s still an effective way for businesses to get brand exposure and a $9 billion industry. You could start your billboard advertising business on a small scale, and eventually have billboards all across the country. The potential is huge.
Now that you understand the business, you’re ready to find your prime location and get your billboard advertising business going!
- Billboard Advertising Business FAQs
Yes, a billboard advertising business can be profitable. The profitability of the business largely depends on factors such as the location of the billboards, the number of advertisers, and the demand for outdoor advertising in the area. High-traffic locations with a strong demand for advertising can generate substantial revenue for the business.
The growth potential of a billboard advertising business can be significant. As long as there is a demand for outdoor advertising, the business can expand by adding more billboards in strategic locations. Additionally, advancements in technology, such as digital billboards, offer new opportunities for revenue growth and increased flexibility in delivering targeted advertising content.
A billboard advertising business falls under the category of outdoor advertising or out-of-home (OOH) advertising. It involves owning, operating, and managing billboards or other outdoor advertising structures to provide a platform for advertisers to showcase their products, services, or messages to a wide audience.
Starting a billboard advertising business on the side is possible, but it can be challenging due to the investment required and the need for ongoing management and maintenance. Successful billboard advertising businesses typically require a significant initial investment in acquiring or leasing billboard locations, constructing or purchasing the billboards themselves, and marketing the advertising space to potential advertisers .
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Decide if the Business Is Right for You
- Hone Your Idea
- Brainstorm a Billboard Advertising Company Name
- Create a Billboard Advertising Business Plan
- Register Your Business
- Register for Taxes
- Fund your Business
- Apply for Licenses/Permits
- Open a Business Bank Account
- Get Business Insurance
- Prepare to Launch
- Build Your Team
- Run a Billboard Advertising Business - Start Making Money!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
21 Agency Business Ideas
Published on August 11, 2022
Dreaming of running your own agency? There are a lot of possibilities out there, from travel to advertising and marketing, to recruiting, SEOconsult ...
41 Outdoor Business Ideas
Published on July 13, 2022
Many major American businesses depend on outdoor activities, such as The North Face or Columbia. But there are also countless smaller businessesthat ...
38 Creative Small Business Ideas
Published on June 30, 2022
Want to express your creativity and be your own boss? There are many creative business ideas out there that can help you check both boxes, and makeg ...
No thanks, I don't want to stay up to date on industry trends and news.