14 Best Steps on How to Make an Assignment on MS Word
Nowadays, it is very common for students to complete their assignments using Microsoft Word. Thus, they look up how to make an assignment on MS Word. Because of the numerous options provided by MS Word, it might be difficult for a beginner to handle. All you have to do is become familiar with MS Word’s options before moving on to the assignment.
Here in this blog, we will explain 14 best steps you need to follow in order to know how to make an assignment on MS word.
How to make an assignment on MS word
Table of Contents
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task like write my paper , and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. Similarly, we are publishing this blog to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task, and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. This blog is being published to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
1. Setting the layout of the page for your assignment
On the Toolbar, select the Page Layout tab. Likewise, Page Setup options will appear.
2. Set Margins
Set the margins as follows (Standard measure for the margin):
- Bottom: 2.5cm
- Left: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
- Right: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
3. Setting Orientation of the page
- Orientation: Portrait
4. Setting Size
- Set to A4 unless otherwise specified.
5. Setting styles
Go Back to the Home tab, You will find the Styles options in the right of the toolbar you will need to use these steps to set the headings and paragraph text for your work.
6. For Headings
Always use the first three headings (Heading 1,2 and 3)
- H1: Arial 14 pt bold
- H2: Arial 12 pt bold, italics
- H3: Arial 10.5-11 pt bold
And the text type should be Normal text
- Times New Roman 12 pt (or equivalent)
7. To set the headings styles for your work, you will have to
- Click the small Styles icon/button.
- Select/highlight the style to modify (e.g. ‘H1’), and then right-click >Modify. Likewise, the Modify Style dialog box will appear.
- Under Formatting, You can change the font style and size as per your need.
- Click OK.
8. Setting up your assignment as the one document
Also, your Work, including the title page and references ( not the Assignment Attachment form*), must be aggregated as a single word (.docx) report.
Therefore, it is simpler to make one record, embed your significant headings, and enter the content from that point. But, if you decide to make separate documents while setting up your task (for example, a different record for references), you will need to copy and paste the final contents into the one-word document and finalize the formatting there.
*The assignment attachment structure is either submitted electronically as a different document or attached to a submitted printed copy.
If you face any issues related to PowerPoint or find it difficult to complete your PowerPoint homework, use our PowerPoint PPT Homework Help by Experts .
9. Inserting section breaks, page breaks, and page numbers
The document has two sections
Section 1 Contains
- The title page
- Table of contents
Section 2 Contains
- The remainder of the assignment.
There are then page breaks within each section i.e
(e.g. between ‘Abstract’ and ‘Table of contents’; ‘Conclusion’ and ‘References’).
To insert the Section break (i.e. make two sections)
- Position your cursor at the end of the Table of contents. (Just have this as a heading; the actual table will be added at the end.)
- From the toolbar at the top of your document, open the Page Layout tab and select Breaks>Section Breaks>Next Page. Under Section break types, select ‘Next page’. This has now divided the assignment into two sections.
Now to insert the page breaks
- Place your cursor at the foot of the title (cover) page.
- Select the Page Layout tab>Breaks>Page Breaks>Page. This has now created a page break between the title page and Abstract.
- Place the cursor at the foot of the Abstract page and repeat to make the break between the Abstract and Table of contents.
- Place a page break between the Conclusion in the next section.
10. Now to add the page numbers
For section 1:.
- Place your cursor within the title page. Click on the Insert tab and then select Page Number in the Header & Footer set of options.
- Select Top of Page>Plain Number 3 (‘right’ alignment). Do not close the Header and Footer just yet.
- Check the box for Different First Page. (This will remove the page number from the title page.)
- In the Header & Footer group of options to the left of the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers. Select i, ii, iii .. from the Number format
- Drop-down list. Under Page numbering, click the Start at the radio button (if not already activated) and select i. Click OK.
- Close the Header and Footer. [This will paginate slightly differently from the example, with Abstract on page ii. ]
For section 2:
- Go to the start of section 2 (i.e. beginning at the ‘Introduction’) and double click on the existing page number. This will open the Header settings options.
- In the Header & Footer options section on the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers.
- Make sure the ‘Show number on the first page is selected (i.e. the box is ticked).
- Select 1, 2, 3 from the Number format drop-down list. Under Page numbering, Click on the Start at the radio button and set the start on page 1.
11. Inserting the Table of contents
- Move the cursor under the ‘Table of contents’ heading.
- Check the checkboxes for ‘Show page numbers’ and ‘Right align page numbers’.In the (last) Show levels box, set it to either just ‘1’ (i.e. list only the heading 1 level headings) or ‘2’ (to show both H1, and H2 headings).
- To update the table anytime, right-click on the table and it’s almost done.
12. The title page
Follow these steps as the model for your work:
- Assignment title: Arial 28 pt, italics, centered
- (Assignment number): Arial 18 pt, italics, centered
- Other details: Times New Roman 14 pt, left-justified; single tab spacing for items on the one line.
13. Word count
Show the word count properly for the body of your assignment, because it’s’ important.
- Place your cursor on the Introduction title, hold the Shift key down, and got to the end of the Conclusion.
- And then Tools>Word Count and record the number of words.
14. Spelling and Grammar Check
Always keep an eye on spelling and sentence structure and Before you get a printed copy of your task,
What you have to do is
- Run the word spell and sentence structure, and carefully look at your Work. (Tools>Spelling and Grammar.)
- Ensure the Dictionary Language is set to English (Australia, UK, Canada).
Get the Best Excel Assignment Help Now
6 Tips On How To Make an Assignment First Page Best
8 Best Steps On How to Write An Assignment Report
4 Tips on How to Write an Assignment Introduction
6 Tips on How to Make An Assignment For High School
To this end, now you know the 14 best steps on how to make an assignment on MS Word in detail. Many times students are worried about their assignments but we are here to assist you with all your problems. You can contact our experts anytime if you have an issue with MS Office assignment help.
As a result, Our computer science assignment help experts are available for you to provide help 24/7.
How to Hire someone to do my Statistics Homework for Me?
Students ask to do my statistics homework for me. Although there are many online tutors or statistics homework service providing websites available to help you…
How to Get Good Grades in Exams Tips by Experts
Here in this blog, Codeavail professional experts will help you to understand how to get good grades in Exams. Notice that not all the material…
Search for: Search Button
How to Assign Tasks in Microsoft Word
Peter Deegan Microsoft 365 , Microsoft Word , Office 365
People working on a shared Word document can now assign tasks ‘To Do’ within the document, then mark a task as resolved or even reassign it. Here’s how Assign Tasks works and who gets it.
Assigning Tasks is an extension of the existing Comments feature for shared documents. When you use an @mention for someone else in your team or group, a new ‘Assign to:’ option appears like this.
Check that box and the comment becomes a task as well, listed above the comment.
The person assigned the task gets an automatic email to notify:
Assign a task to yourself by @mentioning your own name then assigning the task.
Task is separate from the comment thread
Keep in mind that the task is separate from the comment thread, even though it doesn’t seem that way.
A Task can be marked as ‘Resolved’ while the comment messages continues.
Resolve or Complete a Task
Each Task can be marked as ‘resolved’ separately from the thread itself by clicking on the circle “Assigned to”.
The task then shows as completed with a comment added showing who tagged ‘completed’.
Reopen or resume a Task
If the task still needs work, click the Undo button to Reopen the task.
Or click the Trash Can icon to delete the task entirely.
Reassign a Task
A task can be reassigned to someone else. Add another comment with a new @mention, that will create an optional ‘Reassign to’ prompt.
More to come?
Tasks in Word docs seems like just the start of another extension of Microsoft 365 integrations.
There are already plans for Assign Tasks in upcoming Excel. PowerPoint can’t be far behind.
We were surprised that assigned tasks aren’t added to the person’s Microsoft To Do app. Or even just a link in the email to add the task to To Do. Surely that’s on Microsoft’s own development To Do list?
A summary list of assigned tasks should appear in the document. Perhaps a list of comments that can be filtered to show tasks, completed or not.
With better ‘in document’ task displays, there should be room for solo users to make their own ‘To Do’ list within a document. A great way to manage content in a long or complex doc.
Who gets it?
The Word document has to be saved on OneDrive or Sharepoint, according to Microsoft. We could only get Assign Tasks working on SharePoint, at the time of testing.
Assign Tasks is currently in Word on the web plus two beta releases
- Word 365 for Windows v2206 build 15321.10000 and later
- Word 365 for Mac, v16.66 build 22090700 and later
As usual, it’ll spread to preview and public releases in coming months.
The same feature is also in development for Excel 365 on the web plus for Windows and Mac.
One person Comments in Word Dictate your comments into a Word document Like👍button now in Word Comments
Sep 21, 2022
Facilitate collaboration by assigning tasks in Word
- Add our blog to your RSS feed reader" href="/rss/blog.xml" data-bi-name="RSS Subscription" data-bi-id="rss_feed" data-bi-bhvr="120" data-bi-socchn="RSSSubscription" title="Microsoft 365 Insider Blog RSS" target="blank" class="d-inline-block">
Hi, Office Insiders! My name is Rubba Ashwas and I’m a Product Manager on the Word team. I’m excited to share that you can now assign tasks with @mentions in documents in Word for Windows and Word for Mac!
This feature allows you and your team to conveniently create and assign tasks directly from within your Word document using @mentions in comments. The people you assign the tasks to will receive email notifications, letting them know they need to take action.
Many of you have enjoyed using the feature in Word for the web. We’re thrilled to now be bringing it to Word for Windows and Word for Mac.
How it works
- Open an existing document saved to OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Highlight the text that contains the information you want to comment on and select the New Comment button,
- Write your comment and type @ followed by the name of the team member you want to tag.
- Select the Assign to check box to convert your comment into a task.
- Click the blue arrow or press Ctrl + Enter to post your comment.
Scenarios to try
- Reassign a task: Type @ followed by the name of the team member you want to reassign the task to in the response field, select the Reassign to check box, and then click the blue arrow or press Ctrl + Enter . The person to whom you reassigned the task will be notified via email that they’ve been assigned the task.
- Resolve a task: Hover over the circle at the top of the comment and click the Resolve task button.
- Reopen a resolved task: In the right-hand margin or in Comments pane, click the comment that was closed, and then click the Reopen button.
This feature is available in Word for the Web, and to Insiders running the following Beta Channel builds:
- Windows: Version 2206 (Build 15321.10000) or later
- Mac: Version 16.66 (Build 22090700) or later
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We are actively working on this feature, and your feedback is key to guiding future improvements. You can submit comments by clicking Help > Feedback. Please tag your feedback with #AssignTasks so that we can easily find input about the feature.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure its actionable and reaches the right people. We are excited to hear from you!
Share this page
Paper and report design and layout templates
Pen perfect looking papers and reports every time when you start your assignment with a customizable design and layout template. whether you want your paper to pop off the page or you need your report to represent your data in the best light, you'll find the right template for your next paper..
Perfect your papers and reports with customizable templates
Your papers and reports will look as professional and well put together as they sound when you compose them using customizable Word templates . Whether you're writing a research paper for your university course or putting together a high priority presentation , designer-created templates are here to help you get started. First impressions are important, even for papers, and layout can make or break someone's interest in your content. Don't risk it by freestyling, start with a tried-and-true template. Remember, though: Papers and reports don't have to be boring. Professional can still pop. Tweak your favorite layout template to match your unique aesthetic for a grade A package.
Microsoft 365 Life Hacks > Writing > How to choose a topic for your essay assignment
How to choose a topic for your essay assignment
Sometimes writing the essay isn’t the scary part—sometimes it’s knowing what to write about that’s the challenge. Learn how to choose an essay topic to play to your strengths and keep you writing.
Finding your essay topic using leading questions
Here are some basic questions to ask yourself when it comes to choosing an essay topic:
- What type of assignment is it? You can’t necessarily write about your summer vacation for a persuasive essay, or about the dangers of smoking for a narrative.
- How much time do I have? If you’re short on time, best to pick something that won’t involve a lot of new research, or that you already have access to information about.
- How much space do I have to fill? You may not want to choose a topic with a lot of intricate detail or a future memoir idea for a thousand-word essay, but longer assignments will need richer material.
- Who’s my audience? This can help you discern how much detail you need or what approach you should take. It can also help inspire you to write if you image an ideal reader who really, really wants to know what you have to say or wants to argue with your conclusions.
- What am I already interested in? It’s much easier to buckle in for writing multiple pages or doing hours of research on something that you already care about or were looking to learn more about, rather than something you don’t feel passion for, or actively dislike.
- Is my topic too broad or too narrow? “Whales” are fascinating, but there are so many different types of whales. “Humpback whales” might even still be too broad, whereas humpback whale behavior or humpback whales in a particular geographic location might be a better fit or possibly too narrow, depending on the size of your paper and available information.
- Why do I want to write about this? This isn’t just related to what kind of assignment it is. Answering this question can help you figure out the thesis, or main idea, of your essay, the direction of your argument, and what supporting information you’ll use to make your point.
- What can I say about this issue that’s new? You don’t necessarily want to rehash existing arguments, retell plots or repackage common knowledge. You need to put your own spin on what you write, whether it’s explaining the meaning and implications for you or others like you or combining details in a novel, unexpected way.
Write with Confidence using Editor
Elevate your writing with real-time, intelligent assistance
It’s also totally fine to shift your topic or direction after a little initial research and writing. Sometimes, writing teaches you things or you discover that you don’t have enough passion or material to flesh out an entire essay. Hopefully, you discover that early in the process—and thinking about the above questions can help you avoid having to find a new topic.
Some essay topic ideas
These ideas and approaches won’t work for every essay, but they can help inspire you to start thinking, or you can borrow and modify them for your own work. You can even combine parts of a few ideas for a more comprehensive approach to any given topic.
- Compare and contrast. This involves taking two topics that ideally have some pre-existing relationship with each other and figuring out how they’re alike and different, and perhaps what those similarities and differences mean.
- The first time I ever… Good for a narrative-style essay , this will involve you mining your memories for a notable moment. You can talk about what stood out for you at a particular place or about a particular person, or how you learned to do something.
- The moment something changed. These types of moments usually are memorable, even life-altering, providing plenty of opportunity for descriptive, narrative detail. This can also be an approach to an expository essay that discusses the results or implications of a particular historical or cultural shift.
- The history/future of… This could be an approach to an expository essay about science or technology topics, particularly those that have a long tradition or many exciting recent advances in knowledge.
- How to do something or how something works. Not just an explanation, this can also involve discussing the history of the process, its implications and results, or alternative techniques.
- Why you should or shouldn’t do something. Often the basis of a persuasive essay , this can involve the pros and cons and an action’s impact on the environment around it, including people and place.
Asking yourself some thoughtful questions as you begin to contemplate your essay can help make picking a topic less daunting. And thinking about how to approach potential topics can help you decide whether they’re worth committing to long-term.
Get started with Microsoft 365
It’s the Office you know, plus the tools to help you work better together, so you can get more done—anytime, anywhere.
Topics in this article
More articles like this one.
How to pinpoint (and avoid) pleonasm
Learn what pleonasms are and why they should be avoided. Get tips on how to avoid using them in your writing.
How capitalization works with colons
Not sure when it’s appropriate to capitalize a letter after a colon? Learn how capitalization works with colons in different writing situations.
What is chiasmus and how do you use it in your writing?
A chiasmus is no longer a commonly used literary device, but it can help you support a point through repetition. Learn how to use chiasmus in your writing.
What is a subordinate clause?
You see subordinate clauses, also known as dependent clauses, every day when you read and write. Learn about subordinate clauses so you can use them correctly.
Everything you need to achieve more in less time
Get powerful productivity and security apps with Microsoft 365
Explore Other Categories
9 Microsoft Word Tips to Edit Your College Assignment Faster
Struggling to edit your college assignments efficiently? Here are some useful Microsoft Word tips to accelerate your editing process and save time.
Assignments at the college and university levels are research-heavy, and you’re often expected to produce write-ups with a significant number of pages. Just when you think you’re done with producing the required word count, the next step is equally challenging and time-consuming: editing.
From keyboard shortcuts to simple, built-in features such as Find and Replace and the automatic table of contents, here are several tips you can use to edit and format your college assignment more efficiently in Microsoft Word.
1. Leave Paragraph Spacing as Your Last Step
Let’s first start on the right track. When you have a 3,000-word essay or report ahead, it’s tempting to set double-spacing when you only write a few sentences or a paragraph at most. It gives the comforting illusion that you have done more work than you actually have.
But to be more efficient at the final editing stage, it’s best to leave paragraph spacing as your last step. This way, you save time because you don’t have to scroll up and down much more than you need to while navigating through different sections and pages of your text.
2. Learn to Utilize Keyboard Shortcut Keys
Keyboard shortcuts make editing and formatting much faster compared to using a mouse. For example, when you use your mouse to select some words, you’ll probably miss a letter or two and have to re-highlight, or overshoot and include a period when you don’t need to.
In this case, you can select text accurately by using Ctrl + Shift , and the left and right arrow keys in Windows. There are many more Microsoft Word keyboard shortcuts that will enable you to get most editing done on the keyboard, without having to switch to your mouse or trackpad. Don’t underestimate the amount of time you save with this method!
3. Hide the Headers and Footers
When you’re reading through a continuous body of text, the blank headers and footers may feel disruptive. To have a smoother reading and editing experience, hide the headers and footers to join all the pages together.
Hover your cursor over the gray space between your current page and the next, then double-click. When you need to use the headers and footers in Microsoft Word again, unhide them by hovering your cursor over the page separator line and double-click.
4. Collapse the Headings and Subheadings
For long report-style assignments, you’ll likely split your content into headings and subheadings. As you move from one section to the next, or jump between sections to rewrite and edit, make it easier to scroll through your text by collapsing the headings.
Hover over the heading title, then click the triangle icon that appears next to it to hide the content. If you want to hide all headings at once, right-click on any heading, and select Expand/Collapse > Collapse All Headings .
5. Automatically Sort References by Alphabetical Order
The works cited list is an essential section in any higher education assignment and is usually sorted by alphabetical order. You’ve likely added references to the list as you cite them in your essay, but when it comes to sorting at the end, it’s unfeasible and time-consuming to sort them manually. You can simply sort them automatically in Microsoft Word.
Select all your references and go to the Home tab. Under the Paragraph section, click the Sort icon (A and Z, with a downward arrow). In the Sort by field, choose Paragraphs . In the Type field, select Text . Then, select Ascending and click OK . The list will now be sorted by alphabetical order.
However, you might notice a couple of outliers. For example, when some references start with symbols instead of a letter, they will all likely be pushed to the very top. These are the few ones you’ll then need to manually reinsert into your list correctly.
6. Use Find and Replace to Avoid Spelling Mistakes
Whether they’re textbooks or journal articles, every student has probably encountered authors with surnames that are a little tricky to spell. Typing the name over and over for each in-text citation is prone to human error. To avoid misspellings, you can use Find and Replace.
First, use a unique abbreviation as a placeholder when you write your assignment. I recommend including a number in this abbreviation. This is because if your abbreviation only consists of letters, there’s a chance that this short combination of letters may have appeared elsewhere, as a part of a word, in your essay.
Once you’re done with the body content, it’s time to replace the abbreviation with the actual surname. In the Home tab, click Replace in the Editing tab. In the Find what field, type your abbreviation. In the Replace with field, type the actual author's name. Then, click Replace All . All your abbreviations will now be replaced with the correct author surname.
7. Insert Your Picture Into an Invisible Table
If you haven’t quite got the hang of formatting pictures in Microsoft Word, here’s a simple alternative that helps guarantee your image won’t cause your text to break up at weird places: insert your picture into an invisible table.
Go to the part of the text where you want your picture to appear. Press Enter to go to a new paragraph. Head to the Insert tab, click Table , and select one box to create a 1x1 table. With the cursor inside your table, click Pictures > Insert Picture > This Device to upload your picture into the document.
You can resize your picture within the table. Once you’re satisfied, highlight the table, go to the Table Design tab, click Borders > No Border . The black table border will then disappear. Your picture now appears to be perfectly fitted between two paragraphs of text.
8. Have an Overview of Multiple Page at Once
When you’re almost done editing, it’s best to scroll through all the pages to make sure there are no odd blank pages, separate sections, or incorrect image displays. But if you have more than 20 pages worth of content, scrolling through that much content quickly is just dizzying.
Instead, go to the View tab. In the Zoom section, click Multiple Pages . This zooms out your Microsoft Word document , so you can view two or three pages at once. You can also click the Zoom slider at the bottom right to zoom out even more and view more pages at once.
9. Automatically Create a Table of Contents
One of the final assignment components is the table of contents. If you’ve been manually keying in each heading, typing a line of periods that end with the heading’s corresponding page number, and double-checking the said page number yourself, it’s time to let Microsoft Word handle the task.
First, make sure you have applied the correct style to your headings. You can check this by clicking on each heading and see which style is selected in the Home tab. Then, number the pages of your Microsoft Word document .
Finally, go to the blank page where you want to insert your Table of Contents. Head to the References tab, click on Table of Contents , and select one of the Automatic Tables . Microsoft Word instantly generates a table of contents for you.
Improve Your Editing Process in Microsoft Word
By applying the above tips, you can revise your assignment more quickly and effectively without burdening yourself with eye fatigue. Cut down on the excessive scrolling and other manual tasks that can be done automatically by Microsoft Word.
Plus, saving time on editing means you have even more time to proofread and review your essays thoroughly, enabling you to produce higher-quality essays and reports.
404 Not found
- Why Learning How to Use Microsoft Word Matters
- Creating a New Blank Document
- Saving Files
- File Extensions
- Introduction to Basic Text Formatting
- Selecting and Moving Text
- Bold, Italics, Underline
- Alignment, Justification, and Indentation
- Line and Paragraph Spacing
- Assignment: Create Basic Document
- Introduction to Advanced File Creation and Text Formatting
- Creating a New Document from a Template
- Text Effects
- Spell Check and Dictionaries
- Find and Replace
- Headers and Footers
- Assignment: Edit a Newsletter
- Why It Matters: Tables and Images
- Creating Tables
- Converting Text to a Table
- Formatting Tables
- Adding Images
- Assignment: Create Document with Tables and Images
- Putting It Together: Microsoft Word
Computer Studies » Microsoft Word » Hyperlinks and Watermarks
For this assignment, you will format a document with a table and an image. Follow the directions below. If you get stuck on a step, review previous lessons and you can make use of some of the skills you learnt in Internet Research to browse the web for some solutions.
- Download the report document and open it in Microsoft Word.
- Save the document as BA132_LastName_Report.docx , replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Bello_Newsletter). It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
- Insert the graph image into your document after “creating greater contact efficiency for consumers.”
- Save your document again.
Check Your Understanding: Advanced Shortcuts
We have previously covered some commonly known shortcuts that speed up a lot of basic functions, such as copying and pasting and doing some basic formatting. Watch the video below to see a sample of other shortcuts that are available, then answer the questions below.
After watching the video, think about these questions: Do you find shortcuts to be helpful or overwhelming? Why? As you’ve worked through the projects in this class, is there anything you wish had a shortcut?
Got questions about this content? Get access to an AI-Powered Study Help/Tutor you can chat with as you learn! Continue Learning With Ulearngo
[Attributions and Licenses]
"shopping-business-retail [used in report document]", Alexas_Fotos. https://pixabay.com/en/shopping-business-retail-1165437/ , CC0
"Reading: Types of Retailers", Lumen Learning. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/reading-types-of-retailers/ , CC BY
"Assignment: Report", Lumen Learning , CC BY
"The Retail Industry [used in report document]", Lumen Learning. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/reading-define-retailing/ , CC BY
"Outcome: Retailers As Channels of Distribution", Lumen Learning. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/outcome-retailers-as-channels-of-distribution/ , CC BY
This article is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
Note that the video(s) in this lesson are provided under a Standard YouTube License .
This is a lesson from the tutorial, Microsoft Word and you are encouraged to log in or register , so that you can track your progress.
Register or login to receive notifications when there's a reply to your comment or update on this information.
Don't want to keep filling in name and email whenever you want to comment? Register or login to make commenting easier.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
View and navigate your assignments (student)
View both upcoming and completed assignments by class, or view them across all your classes. Selecting an assignment will allow you to view its details, turn it in, or view feedback and scores. You can also view your current grades by class.
View and sort assignments within one class
Navigate to a class team, then select Assignments .
Tip: Use your search bar to search for an assignment by keyword.
By default, assignments you haven't turned in yet will display by order of due date under the Assigned tab. Select Load previous and Load more to browse the list. Assignments you haven't opened yet will have a bold title. Late assignments will include a Past due warning.
Select an assignment to view details, attach resources, and turn it in.
Upcoming assignment status
Assignment title and due date —Before the due date. You haven’t turned in work yet.
Past due —You haven’t turned your assignment in yet and it’s past the due date. This will only appear if your educator is accepting late turn-ins.
View turned in and returned assignments
Completed assignment status
Open a completed assignment to view more details on its status.
View grades in one class
Here you'll see all your assignments listed with the nearest due date at the top. View your status on each assignment as well as points you've received on graded work. Assignments without points will show as Returned after your educator has reviewed them.
View assignments across classes
To view assignments across all your classes, select Assignments from your app bar. Select an assignment to open it or turn in work.
Select Load previous or Load more to load additional assignments.
Select Assigned to view work you haven’t turned in yet and Completed to view work that you have.
Note: Not seeing an older assignment? Navigate to individual class teams and open Assignments to load more assignments.
Turn in assignment
Need more help?
Want more options.
Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more.
Microsoft 365 subscription benefits
Microsoft 365 training
Communities help you ask and answer questions, give feedback, and hear from experts with rich knowledge.
Ask the Microsoft Community
Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft 365 Insiders
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
You're signed out
Sign in to ask questions, follow content, the engage for the Community
- Screen Student
- Student Guides
- How do I upload one file from Microsoft Office 365 a...
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Gratified
As what I upload a record from Microsoft Office 365 as an assignment submission?
- Student Getting Started Resources
- How make I admit to email invitation up join a Canvas course as a student?
- How do ME sign up for a Canvas story using a join control or secretly URL as a learner?
- How can I use Canvas go my mobility device as a students?
- How do I view Announcements as a student?
- As do MYSELF add an notice in a group?
- What do I edit an announcement in a crowd?
- Wherewith do I delete an announcement in a grouping?
- Like do I zugeben in external RSS feed to an news as a student?
- How do I subscribe to the Announcements RSS feed as an student?
- What do I reply to an announcement as ampere student?
- Instructions execute I like a reach in a course statement as a student?
- How take I use Announcements Redesign as a current?
- How how I view ampere thread in Announcements Redesign as a student?
- How do I answers to an news in Announcements Redesign as a student?
- How do I mention a addict in an announcement reply in Messages Redesign as a current?
- Select do I fancy a reply in an course announcement in Announcements Redesign as one student?
- As to I view Assignments as a student?
- How do IODIN filter assignments by type as a student?
- How do I click the rubric for my mapping?
- Method do I regard the rubric for my external tool assignment?
- How does I submit an online assignment?
- How do I send a text entry assignment?
- How do I enter adenine URL as certain assignment submission?
- How do I offer a media file as the assignment submission?
- How do I submit an assignment on behalf of a group?
- How do I know are I have a peer review assignment toward complete?
- How do I submit a gleich review to an assignment?
- Somewhere can I found my peers' feedback by peer reviewed assignment?
- What do I upload a file how an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I benefit my webcam to take a photo for an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I annotate a file because an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I browse a file off Google Drive as an assignment presentation in Canvas?
- How do I suggest a cloud association with Google Propulsion?
- How do I upload a file from Microsoft Office 365 as on assignment subjects?
- How do I know when mysterious assignment has been submitted?
- Wherewith do I manage confetti animations in Canvas as ampere grad?
- How do I know when my instructors has graded my assignment?
- How do I submit a cloud assignment with Microsoft Office 365?
- How do I watch assigning comments from my instructor?
- As do I use DocViewer in Sail assignments as a grad?
- How do MYSELF view annotation feedback comments from my instructor directly inside my appointment submission?
- How do I view rubric results required my assignment?
- How do I view my Roll Call Attendance report as adenine scholar?
- How do I download assignment submissions from all mine courses?
- Like do I view to assignment in a course using Assignment Enhancements since a apprentice?
- How execute I look the rubric for an assignment in a flow using Assignment Enhancements?
- How do I submit an online assignment in adenine course using Assignment Enhancements?
- How do I submit an assignment on behalf of a group exploitation Assignment Enhancements?
- How do IODIN submit a text entry assignment in a course exploitation Allocation Enhancements?
- How do I upload a file as einer allocation submission required a course using Assignment Advancements?
- How do I annotate a file more an assigned submission using Assignment Enhancements?
- How do I use my watch to carry a photo for an assignment submission using Assignment Extension?
- How do I submit a browse file as an assignment submission for a course use Assignation Enhancements?
- How do EGO enter ampere URL as an assignment submission for a course using Assignment Enhancements?
- How do I submit a Google Power file or URL as an assignment presentation using Associations Enhancements?
- How perform I submit adenine Microsoft Office 365 file as an assignment submission using Assignment Enhancements?
- Methods what MYSELF know when my assignment has past submitted in a course after Assignment Enhancements?
- How do IODIN know if I have ampere peer study assignment till complete using Assignment Enhancements as a student?
- How do I submit an peer review to an assignments utilizing Assignment Enhancements since a student?
- Where ca ME find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed duties using Assignment Enhancements as a student?
- How do I view assignment feedback von mein instructor using Assignment Extended?
- How do I use the Calendar as ampere student?
- Instructions do I filter the Calendar view by course as a student?
- How do I view the Calendar iCal feed to subscribe to an external calendar as a students?
- How do MYSELF add an event until my calendar as a student?
- Like do I add a to-do item in the Timetable as a student?
- How take I add and duplicate any event in the Calendar as a scholar?
- How take ME view a set calendar?
- Methods do MYSELF manage Account Daily as a student?
- Wherewith do IODIN subscribe to the Calendar feed using Attitude as a student?
- Select do EGO subscribe to the Calendar feed employing Outlook.com as a student?
- How do I subscribe toward the Calendar feed using Google Appointments in a student?
- How do I sign skyward for a Scheduler appointment in the Calendar?
- Like take I use Chat as a student?
- Like do I use inline chat such a scholar?
- How do I view Collaborations as a student?
- Select done I create a Google Docs collaboration as a student?
- What do EGO create a Google Drive collaboration than an student?
- How do I create adenine Microsoft Offices 365 collaboration than a student?
- How execute I del a collaboration as a student?
- Like do MYSELF exercise International by one course how a student?
- How do I create a talk in a students class?
- How do I erasing a conference in a student user?
- How do I edit a meetings in a grad group?
- How do MYSELF record a events inbound a student group?
- How do EGO start a conference in adenine student group?
- How do I join a conference in one course as a student?
- Whereby do I use the Conferences interface as one participant?
- Like do IODIN use the Course Residence Page as one student?
- How do EGO utilize the Training Activity Power as a student?
- How make MYSELF throw a self-enrolled Canvas course?
- Like do I use the Class as a college?
- How do I view New Analytics in a course as a student?
- Wherewith do I use the Microsoft Immersive Proofreader in a course as one scholar?
- How do I view Discussions as one student?
- How do I view the rubric for my grades discussion?
- How do I subscribe to a dialogue podcast as a student?
- How do I know if I have a peer review discussion to complete?
- How do I submit a peer review to a conversation?
- Where can I find my peers' feedback forward peer reviews dialogue?
- How do I create a course discussion how a student?
- How do I buy to a discussion as ampere student?
- As go I view both sort discussion replies as a study?
- How do I change dialogue settings to manually mark side replies as read as ampere student?
- How do I mark discussion replies as read or unread as a student?
- How how I reply to a discussion as a college?
- How do I fix adenine file to a discussion reply as a student?
- Methods to I embed an image in adenine discussion reply as a student?
- Methods do IODIN link toward a YouTube video in a discussion get since a students?
- How do I edit or delete discussion replies like a student?
- How do I like a reply in a course discussion like a student?
- Whereby do I use Discussions Redesign as a student?
- How do ME get to a discussion in Discussions Redesigned the a student?
- How do I subscribe to a dialogue in Discussions Reshape such a student?
- How do I view and customize forum answered in Discussion Redesign as a student?
- As do I selected discussion replies as read or unread in Discussion Redesign as a student?
- How does I like an reply in a course discussion in Discussions Redesign as a student?
- How doing I submit a peer review to one discussion in Discussions Redesign?
- How do I correct or delete discussion responds in Discussions Redesign because a student?
- How do EGO see a discussion thread in Discussions Redesign as a student?
- How do I mention a user the adenine discussion get in Discussions Re-design as a student?
- How do I report a reply in an discussion is Discussions Redesign as a student?
- How do I use that ePortfolio Getting Started Wizard as a learner?
- How what I create a new ePortfolio as a student?
- How take I organize my ePortfolio as a student?
- How to I create a new ePortfolio teilstrecke as a student?
- How do I organize get ePortfolio pages as a student?
- How do I edit an default page inside my ePortfolio section as a student?
- How do I create a fresh site in my ePortfolio teilgebiet for one student?
- Wie do EGO preview a page in my ePortfolio such a student?
- How do I add rich text satisfied to my ePortfolio page as a scholar?
- How done I add HTML/embedded content to my ePortfolio page when a current?
- How do I retrieve assignments from previous courses in my ePortfolio as a student?
- How do I upload adenine file or image to my ePortfolio page as a student?
- How do I enable comments in meine ePortfolio than adenine student?
- How do I download the contents of my ePortfolio as a student?
- Instructions can IODIN share a private ePortfolio in a student?
- How do I make my ePortfolio public as a student?
- Whereby do ME delete my ePortfolio as a student?
- How does ME use Files in a student?
- How doing I view my user files as a student?
- Select do I view course files as a student?
- Instructions do I view group documents as a student?
- How do IODIN move and organize files such a student?
- How do I rename ampere file as a student?
- Methods do I create a folder in Files as a student?
- How do I upload ampere file to my user or group files?
- How do I bulk upload files to my user or group files?
- How do I preview a file as a student?
- Like do I upload ZIP files as one student?
- How do I delete a file or folder when a graduate?
- How do I download adenine single file for a student?
- How do I download ampere folder in PEP format as an student?
- That types of media computer can I browse in Canvas as a student?
- How perform I viewing my Google Drive files to Canvas as a apprentice?
- How do I view mysterious Microsoft Office 365 files in Canvas as a student?
- How do I log in for Canvas as a student?
- How do I use the Canvas Welcome Tour as adenine student?
- How do EGO use who Global Navigation Menu as a student?
- How do I use the Dashboard as a student?
- How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard how ampere student?
- How do I use the to-do select for all my courses includes the List View Dashboard as a student?
- How do IODIN addieren a to-do position in the Lists Regard Dashboard while adenine student?
- How do I view global activity for select my our the an Recent Activity Dashboard as a graduate?
- How do I view the Global Announcements cover as one student?
- How do I use that To Do list and sidebar in the Dashboard as a study?
- How achieve I view grades in which Dashboard as a student?
- How do I show all me Canvas seminars as a study?
- How do I customize meine Courses list as a student?
- How do I view my institution's Public Course Index as a student?
- How do I view my recent page view historical in Canvas as a student?
- How do I get support with Canvas as ampere college?
- How do I track out on Canvas as a student?
- Why can't I zugriff my Course how a student?
- How do I create a new course from the Dashboard as a student?
- Method do MYSELF view my grades in adenine current price?
- How do I viewing my Learning Meisterschaft scores in the Classification web?
- How do ME use the icons and colors in the Graduations page?
- How do I low my assignment scores employing the What-If Grades performance?
- How achieve I view my grades to a closing course?
- How done IODIN use the Inbox since a student?
- How do I find my unread messages in the Inbox the ampere student?
- How do I filter conferences as a student?
- How perform I star a call as a student?
- How do I send a message to a total in a course in the Inbox as a learner?
- How do I send ampere message to a user in a group in who Inbox when a student?
- How do I send a message to all course users in the Inbox as a student?
- How what MYSELF attach a file up a message as a student?
- As do I attach a media comment to a news as a student?
- How do I ask to a message in the Inbox as a student?
- How do I privately respond to one individual in a group message as a student?
- How do EGO reply to submission tips in the Inbox as a student?
- How do I forward a message since a conversation in a student?
- How do I include new people to a existing conversation for a student?
- How do I delete a conversation as adenine study?
- How do I eliminate a message from one conversation as a student?
- How do I archive a conversation as a student?
- Wherewith do I viewer Modules more a student?
- How do I mark a module entry as done for one modulus requirement?
- How go I choose a mapping path in a module?
- Methods do I view course content offline as an HTML file as a student?
- How do I view Pages as a student?
- What take EGO create a new side in a company?
- As do I change a page name in a crowd?
- How do I modify a course page as a student?
- How do I correct adenine leaf include one group?
- Wherewith do I delete pages in a group?
- How do I upload a PDF to a page in an group?
- How do I link toward other pages in adenine group?
- How do I embed media in a page in a group?
- How do I create a date link into one page in a group?
- How accomplish EGO view the history out a page in a groups?
- Whereby do I use the People page in a course as a student?
- How do I view my course analytics like a student?
- How what MYSELF view all groups in a course as a student?
- Select do EGO view my Canvas groups as a student?
- How do I join adenine group as a student?
- How do I leave a group as a student?
- How doing I create a group as a college?
- Methods do I upload a file to a group?
- How do I start a collaboration in ampere group?
- As do I create a chat in a group?
- How do I close a discussion for comments in a group?
- How do I manage groups as a student group leader?
- How do EGO edit my profile in my user account as a student?
- How do I augment a profiles picture are my user bill as a grad?
- How do I change the settings in my user account as a student?
- How do I change one language prefix inches own user account as adenine student?
- How do I elect personal pronouns in my user account as a student?
- How do I set a time zone in my student account as a student?
- How do I modification my login password as a student?
- How do I add contact systems in getting Canvases notifications the a scholar?
- How do I add an additional print web as a contact method inside Canvass as a student?
- Method do I added Slack as an contact method in Film as a student?
- How do I manage my Canvas notification settings since a student?
- How to EGO manage declarations for a single course since one undergraduate?
- As do I merge my user bank with an account using the same email address while a student?
- How do ME change my default email physical in my user account as a student?
- How do EGO reset my request as a student?
- Methods do I opinion course content offline as an ePub file as a student?
- How do I generate an pairing code used an observer as a student?
- How do I add a text (SMS) contact method in Canvas as a college?
- How how I set move multi-factor authentication for my user account as a study?
- How do I manage API access tokens the a student?
- How do ME view ampere QR code to log inside to the Canvas mobile apps as a undergraduate?
- What characteristics settings can I enable in my user account as a student?
- How do I manage new features in my user account as a student?
- How do I enable the high contrast end interface as a student?
- How do IODIN view Quizzes as ampere student?
- How do I view the rubric for a quiz?
- How do I take a quiz?
- Like do I take a quiz in New Quizzes?
- How do EGO take adenine quize where I can only view one asked at an time?
- Method do I take a quiz where I can only view single question at a time in New Quizzes?
- How do EGO answer each type of question on a tests?
- Wherewith do IODIN answers each type of question include New Quizzes?
- Select do ME resume a quiz that I already startup taking?
- How make I submit a quiz?
- How do I see quiz results as a student?
- How execute MYSELF view quiz comments from my instructor?
- Methods do I view my quiz results how a scholar the New Quizzes?
- How do I know if I can replay a quiz?
- How make ME know if I can retake a quizze include New Online?
- How do IODIN submit a survey?
- How perform EGO add press modify text inside the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I use who menubar on the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I resize the Rich Content Writer as a student?
- How do I insert a table exploitation the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I getting the HTML view in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How doing I create hyperlinks to external URLs in the Rich Content Editor as one student?
- How do I create hyperlinks to user or group files in the Rich Content Writer as a student?
- How do I create interlinks to group content in the Rich Content Managing as a student?
- How do I editing and remove hyperlinks in the Riches Content Editor as a student?
- How do EGO upload and embed an pic in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Herausgeber as a student?
- How do I manage alt text or display options for art embeds in who Rich Content Editor the a student?
- How do I upload and embed a media file from my computer in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record media using the Rich Content Publisher as a student?
- How do I embed medium from certain external source in the Rich Show Editor as a student?
- How do I embed media actions from Canvas into the Rich Topic Editor as a study?
- How do I add captions to new or uploaded videos in the Rich Content Editor in Screen as a student?
- How perform I view captions in a movie the the Richest Content Editor as adenine student?
- How do I manage video options in to Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do ME uploading a document in an Wealthy Content Editor as a student?
- Wherewith what I embed a document from Canvas into and Rich Content Editor as a undergraduate?
- How do I name content from einer external app in the Rich Content Publicist as a student?
- How do I use the Math Editor in the Rich Content Editor as an student?
- How do I create a hyperlink or embed a file from Google Drive into the Reich Content Editor how a grad?
- How do I create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in to Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I link to a YouTube video in the Richer Content Editor as a student?
- How do EGO use the Accessibility Drawer is the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I connect to web services outside of Canvas as a apprentice?
- How do I connect to Google Drive as a entanglement service in Canvas as a student?
- What do I connect to Skype as a web service in Canvas than an college?
How achieve I upload a data from Microsoft Office 365 as with assignation submission?
If your course has enabled Microsoft Office 365, him can get a file after your Microsoft OneDrive in an assignment.
Like other open upload submissions, files uploaded from Office 365 are downloaded into your Sail user files contributions pamphlet.
Canvas accepts Microsoft Speak, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and PDF types.
- If the Office 365 table is not available in your presentation, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- Canvas will require you to authorize access to your OneDrive account.
- In Office 365 assignments, you can only submit one save available will submission.
- When Office 365 files are uploaded as a submission, later changes made to an file in OneDrive becomes not be updated in to submissions.
- If enabled in your bank, Canvas plays an celebrate animation when you send an assignment on uhrzeit. However, if your prefer, you can disable this feature setting inbound you user settings.
- If aforementioned assignment you are accessing reading differently, your assignment may will using the Assignment Enhancements feature. Please view that guide for more information.
In Direction Navigation, click the Assigments link.
Click and tracks of the assignment.
Click the Start Assignment button.
Open Office 365
Click the Office 365 tab.
Note: If the Position 365 select is doesn available, your institution has not enabled all specific.
Microsoft Office 365 will advertising a list of all allowed file types. Click the name of the file , then flick the Attach File button .
Notes: When aforementioned Allow Multiple file AGS submissions count as of submitting is enabled, you canned select multiple files to be uploaded to a third-party assignment in Canvas. However, some third-party toolbox may not be built to accommodate this feature.
In the Print field , confirm your selected file. To select a new file, click who Change button .
Click the Submit Assignment switch .
View Submission Notification
Per you submit your assignment, Canvas displays a letter notifying you that your submission is processing. You can navigate leaving from the submission submission web minus disrupting the file upload. Him will including acquire certain email notification whereas your submission completes processing. Lineage spacing using MS Phrase for your assignment can referring to the queue spacing between this text. By default when you enter theme in MS Word it's ...
To clear the notification, click who OK button.
View of acknowledgement of your assignment submission.
View Uploading and Failed Submissions Graphic
Is your submission has are queued for upload, einem uploading icon shows . This icon also displays for your instructor if they access one assignment back i uploading.
If your submissions failure to up, any upload failed logo displays . Please the download submission link to view the error.
in Current Instructions
in Student Guide
stylish Student Guides
Note: Her can only embed guides in Canvas courses. Root on other sites is not supported.
Panda Bot (beta)
View our back guides and resources:.
To chat with Panda Bot, you need toward log in to the Community.
You can ask Panda Bot how to use Canvas, Controls, Elevate, and Impact products. I bucket help your find information of our guides and summarize info about the merchandise.