- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Hobbies and Crafts
- Video Games
Easy ways to Find an Xbox One IP Address & Set a Static IP Address
Last Updated: August 17, 2022 Fact Checked
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Darlene Antonelli, MA . Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been fact-checked, ensuring the accuracy of any cited facts and confirming the authority of its sources. This article has been viewed 11,827 times. Learn more...
Do you need to know your Xbox One's IP address? You might need to know it for troubleshooting issues involving your router or connecting your Xbox Console Companion App to your Xbox. This wikiHow article teaches you how to find your IP address on your Xbox One and how to set a static IP address.
Finding the IP Address
- If your console isn't on, turn it on and press the Xbox button again.
Setting Up a Static IP Address
- This is something you'll want to look into if you decide to host your own servers.
- If you're continuing from the previous method, you don't need to navigate to this menu again.
- The gateway is usually your router's internal IP address.
- After you've changed your IP address, go back to Network' and select Test Network connection to make sure it works.  X Research source
You might also like.
- ↑ https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming#:~:text=You%20can%20find%20your%20console%E2%80%99s%20IP%20address%20with%20the%20following%20steps%3A
- ↑ https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/setting-up-a-static-ip-address-on-xbox-one/000060985
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Develop the tech skills you need for work and life
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Our Picks: The Best Tech Gifts This Year
How to Find Your Xbox Series X or S IP Address
Network conflicts? Solve them with your IP
- Shoreline Community College
- Western Governors University
- Xbox Buyer's Guide
What to Know
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings .
- Your Xbox Series X or S will only have an IP address if it’s currently connected to your network.
- You can also set a static IP if you need to forward ports or correct a conflict from within Network Settings.
This article explains how to find the IP address of your Xbox Series X or S console and how to set a static IP address.
How to Find an Xbox Series X or S IP Address
If you’re sure that your Xbox Series X or S is connected to your network, here’s how to find the IP address:
Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide.
Navigate to Profile & system > Settings .
Navigate to General > Network settings .
Select Advanced settings .
Look on the right side of the screen to find the IP address.
Does the Xbox Series X or S Need a Static IP?
Your Xbox Series X or S has an IP address just like any other device that connects to the internet, and Microsoft makes it pretty easy to find. As long as you have access to your console, and it’s connected to the internet, you can get the IP address in just a few simple steps.
By default, your Xbox Series X or S receives an IP from your router automatically. That means it can change over time, if your router decides to assign a new IP. If the console ever ends up being assigned an IP that another device on your network is trying to use, that can cause a conflict that will result in connectivity issues.
Assign a Custom Static IP
The Xbox Series X and S also allow you to assign a custom static IP if you’re having network conflicts, but that’s best left alone unless you know what you’re doing.
You normally won’t have to assign a static IP , but doing so can resolve the problem if you do end up having a conflict between your Series X or S and another device. Having a static IP also allows you to forward various ports, if you end up needing to do that to get multiplayer or voice chat working. For example, you may need to forward ports to a static IP to fix a closed network address translation (NAT) problem.
If you are experiencing that type of problem, you will need to forward ports using your router .
The ports you will typically need to forward include TCP ports 53, 80, and 3074, and UDP ports 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, and 4500.
How to Set a Static IP on Xbox Series X or S
If you determine that you do need a static IP on your Xbox Series X or S, you can set one from the same menu where you discovered your current IP. Just make sure you don’t select an IP that’s already in use on your network.
How to set a static IP on Xbox Series X or S:
Write down the subnet mask, gateway address, and DNS, as you will be using these numbers in subsequent steps.
Select IP settings .
Select Manual .
Enter your desired IP address, and press the menu button (three horizontal lines) on your controller to continue, or select the forward arrow .
When entering an IP address, use the same first three numbers as the original address, and change the fourth. Make sure to use a unique address that isn’t already in use on your network. For example, you could change 255.255.255.1 to 255.255.255.12, as long as that address isn't already assigned.
Enter your subnet mask, and press the menu button .
Enter your gateway address, and press the menu button .
Enter a DNS and press the menu button .
You can use the same DNS servers that you wrote down earlier, or pick any one from our list of free DNS servers .
Enter a secondary DNS and press the menu button .
Check and make sure your console still connects to the internet, and that online services work.
The numbers in this screenshot are only an example. Do not use these numbers on your console. Use the gateway and subnet mask you wrote down earlier, and a new IP based on your original IP with just the fourth number changed.
Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day
- How to Fix It When Your Xbox Series X or S Mic Isn't Working
- How to Find Your Xbox One IP Address
- How to Clear the Cache on Xbox Series X or S Consoles
- Xbox Series X or S Won't Turn on? How to Fix It
- How to Speed Up Xbox Series X or S Downloads
- How to Add and Use an External Hard Drive with Xbox Series X or S
- How to Fix It When Your Xbox Series X or S Headset Is Not Working
- How to Connect Wireless Headphones to Xbox Series X or S
- How to Use a PS4 Controller on Xbox Series X or S
- How to Connect and Sync Your Xbox One Controller with an Xbox Series X or S
- How to Get Your Xbox Series X or S Online When It Won't Sign In
- What Is an IP Address?
- How to Fix an Xbox That Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
- How to Find Your IP Address on Windows 10
- How to Turn Off the Narrator on the Xbox Series X or S
- How to a Use a Keyboard and Mouse on Xbox One
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
- Main content
How to find your Xbox One's IP address or set up a static IP address on the console
- You can easily find your Xbox One's IP address by heading to your console's settings.
- You can also set a static IP address on your Xbox One so that your IP address never changes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more .
Thankfully, Microsoft makes it easy to locate the IP address on your Xbox One.
Typically, you would need to find the IP address on your Xbox One for doing things like streaming on your PC. However, it's important to note that in Windows 10 you have to manually enter the IP address to connect your console to your computer.
No matter the circumstances, here is how you can locate your Xbox One's IP address, as well as set up a static IP address on your console.
How to find your Xbox One's IP address
1. Turn on your Xbox One console. Push the Xbox home button on your controller.
2. Then, select "Settings."
3. In "Settings" select "Network." Then, select "Network settings" and "Advanced settings."
4. In "Advanced Settings" select "IP Settings." This will allow you to view your IP address.
How to set up a static IP address on your Xbox One using the console
1. Turn on your Xbox One console. Push the Menu button on your controller.
4. In "Advanced Settings" select "IP Settings."
5. Once in the "IP Settings" page, write down your IP address, Subnet mask, and Gateway.
6. Switch from "Automatic" to "Manual."
7. Input your IP address and select "Enter."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
How to use an xbox one controller on your android phone or tablet by pairing it with bluetooth, 'why does my xbox one turn on by itself': how to stop your xbox from turning on without your command, how to use a keyboard and mouse on your xbox one to play certain games with better precision, how to connect your xbox one controller to a pc in 3 different ways, ios 13 lets you connect an xbox one controller to your iphone — here's how to do it.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Watch: How to use PS4 And Xbox controllers with the iPhone
- Click here and we’ll get you to the right game studio to help you. When you open the page, go to the "Help with games" section in order to find the right path to look for help.
- Additional information on Game support can be found here: How do I get the right game support?
- If you have questions about enforcement, please go here Enforcements | Xbox Support .
September 21, 2023
Hey gamers! Are you experiencing a problem with a specific game?
- Search the community and support articles
- Gaming and Xbox
- Hardware and network
- Search Community member
Ask a new question
How to make/set up a static IP on Xbox Series X
I don’t really understand how to make a static IP and I would like to make one. I’ve tried to set up many static ip before but all of them always fail to connect or there’s just an issue with them.
- Subscribe to RSS feed
Replies (3) .
- Independent Advisor
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
Thanks for your feedback.
Another question I have is, does the static ip I put in my Xbox need to be within or out of range of my DHCP start and end address?
- Networking help
- Norsk Bokmål
- Online Stores
- Retail Stores
Provide your account email address to receive an email to reset your password.
Setting up a static IP on your Xbox One®
Was this support article useful, contact support.
Need Help? We're here for you. Our team of experts is always just one call, chat, or post away.
Click here for our list of global support numbers
Chat with a customer support agent directly from your desktop or phone.
Join and subscribe to our official Reddit Community
BELKIN INTERNATIONAL, INC. End-User License Agreement
Belkin International, Inc., including all affiliates and subsidiaries (“Belkin”, “us” or “we”) thanks you for choosing one of our Belkin, Linksys or Wemo products (the “Product”). This End-User License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is a legal document that contains the terms and conditions under which limited use of certain Software (as defined below) that operates with the Product is licensed to you.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THIS PRODUCT.
BY CHECKING THE BOX OR CLICKING THE BUTTON TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCEPTANCE WHEN YOU FIRST INSTALL THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. ALSO, BY USING, COPYING OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT CHECK THE BOX OR CLICK THE BUTTON AND/OR DO NOT USE, COPY OR INSTALL THE SOFTWARE, AND UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE FROM ALL DEVICES THAT YOU OWN OR CONTROL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU PURCHASED A PRODUCT CONTAINING THE SOFTWARE FROM AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER, RESELLER OR APP STORE (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT FOR A REFUND, SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE APPLICABLE RETURN POLICY.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 17, INCLUDING A CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO DISPUTES YOU MAY HAVE WITH BELKIN. YOU MAY OPT OUT OF SUCH ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 17.
This Software is licensed to you by Belkin and, where applicable, by Belkin’s suppliers. “Software” means any and all firmware programs and associated files provided with respect to the Product; any and all software programs, applications or “apps” and associated files provided with respect to the Product; all modified versions of and upgrades or improvements to such programs (such as those provided via web-based updates), all subsequent versions of such programs, and all copies of such programs and files. Software does not include any Open Source Software (as defined below).
By “you,” we mean the purchaser, recipient or other end user of the Product containing the Software or the purchaser, recipient or other end user of the Software on a standalone basis. “You” may also mean a person who has downloaded the Software from an authorized website, such as http://www.belkin.com or from an authorized application market or store, such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play (each such application market or store is referred to in this Agreement as an “App Store” and collectively as “App Stores”).
1. LICENSE GRANT . Belkin hereby grants you the right to use: (i) where your Product is not a “Small-Medium Business or SMB” branded Product, for your personal, non-commercial purposes; or (ii) where your Product is a “Small Medium Business or SMB Product, for your personal or commercial use; copies of the Software in object code form on devices that you own (or, in the case of firmware, one copy of the firmware in object code form solely on the Product relating to the firmware). As part of this license, you may (A) operate the Software in the manner described in the user documentation for the Software; (B) where the Software is provided for download onto a personal computer or mobile device, make as many copies of the Software as you reasonably need for your own use (this does not include firmware); and (C) permanently transfer all of your rights to use the Product (including but not limited to the Software) to another person, so long as that person also agrees to be bound by this Agreement, and following such transfer you stop using the Product and the Software.
You can find the user documentation for the Software on the “Support” page of the applicable Belkin website.
2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS . The Software is made available to you on the basis of a limited license only as set out in this Agreement. You have the non-exclusive right to use the Software in accordance with this Agreement. However, you may not (i) modify, adapt or otherwise create derivative works from the Software, the Product containing the Software or user documentation (except as may be permitted by an applicable open source license); (ii) lease, sublicense, resell, rent, loan, redistribute, or otherwise transfer (except as expressly permitted above), whether for commercial purposes or otherwise, the Software or user documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt or decompile the Product or the Software or otherwise try to reduce the Software to a human-readable form, except where and only to the extent that such activity is permitted by applicable law or where Belkin is required to permit such activity under the terms of an applicable open source license; (iv) remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained in the Software or user documentation; (v) use the Product, Software or user documentation to develop a competing hardware and/or software product, or otherwise in any manner not set forth in this Agreement or the user documentation; (vi) if the Software is firmware, copy the firmware (other than one backup copy for archival purposes only), use it on a multi-user system or operate it separately from the Product onto which it is embedded; (vii) use the Software to transmit software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs, or to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Software; (viii) use the Software to collect or harvest any third party’s personally identifiable information, to send unauthorized commercial communications or to invade the privacy rights of any third party; or (ix) use the Software for any unlawful purpose, and/or in any manner that breaches this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you by Belkin under this Agreement are hereby reserved by Belkin. You will not acquire such rights, whether through estoppel, implication, or otherwise.
4. UPGRADES AND UPDATES . While Belkin is not required to do so, Belkin may provide you with upgrades or updates to this Software. This Agreement will govern any upgrades provided by Belkin that replace and/or supplement the original firmware and/or Software, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate end user license agreement, in which case the terms of that end user license agreement will govern. If you decide not to download and/or to use an upgrade or update provided by Belkin, you understand that you could put the Software at risk to serious security threats or cause the Software to become unusable or unstable. Some Products include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. You can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the Product account information. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that fixes a security breach or vulnerability to your network. We may also provide you with updated Software data files automatically to benefit you, such as to provide you with updated device information to identify new devices in your network. These data files do not update your firmware but consist of Software files that are cached on your Product and override older files. By agreeing to this Agreement, you agree to automatic updates.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE . You hereby acknowledge that the Software may contain Open Source Software. This license does not apply to Open Source Software contained in the Software. Rather, the terms and conditions in the applicable Open Source Software license shall apply to the Open Source Software. Nothing in this Agreement limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, any Open Source Software license. You acknowledge that the Open Source Software license is solely between you and the applicable licensor of the Open Source Software. You shall comply with the terms of all applicable Open Source Software licenses, if any. License and copyright information for the Open Source Software are disclosed in the Product documentation, within the “Support” tab on Belkin websites and within the “Contact Us” section on Linksys websites. Belkin is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for the Open Source Software or any Product Software that has been modified by you pursuant to an Open Source Software license.
“Open Source Software” means any software or software component or technology that is subject to an open source license. Open source licenses are generally licenses that make source code available for free modification and distribution, but can also apply to technology received and distributed solely in object code form. Examples of open source licenses include: (a) GNU's General Public License (GPL) or Lesser/Library GPL (LGPL); (b) the OpenSSL License; (c) the Mozilla Public License; (d) the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) License; and (e) the Apache License.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS . All title and intellectual property rights (including without limitation all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights and trademark rights) in and to the Software (including but not limited to any content incorporated into the Software), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Software, are owned by Belkin or its suppliers. Therefore, you must treat the Software like any other material protected by laws and treaties relating to international property rights and in accordance with this Agreement.
9. INDEMNITY . If Belkin is the subject of a claim, becomes involved in a legal proceeding, or suffers any economic loss or damage as a result of your violation of this Agreement, to the extent permitted by law, you will be responsible for compensating Belkin for the full amount of its loss, as well as any reasonable amounts Belkin incurs in lawyers' fees, expenses and court costs, except to the extent that Belkin contributed to the loss or damage.
10. TERM . This Agreement is effective when you click on the “I Accept” button, or when you in any other way use, copy or install the Software, which will constitute your acceptance of, and agreement to, this Agreement. Once accepted, this Agreement remains in effect until terminated. The limited license in this Agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions in this Agreement. You agree that upon such termination, you will immediately destroy all programs and documentation that relate to the Software, including all copies made or obtained by you, and otherwise cease use of the Software. If the Software has been installed on a personal computer or mobile device, you must uninstall the Software immediately. If the Software is software or firmware embedded in a Product, you must stop using the Product. All provisions of this Agreement except for Section 1 and the limited warranty in Section 12 (the first paragraph) will survive termination.
11. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS .
NON-EU RESIDENTS . SOME COUNTRIES, STATES AND/OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, AND/OR DO NOT ALLOW PRODUCTS OR SERVICES TO BE SOLD WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES. ACCORDINGLY, IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE SECTIONS BELOW ENTITLED “LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER” AND “GENERAL EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ONLY THOSE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS THAT ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND, IN SUCH INSTANCES, BELKIN’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES MAY VARY BASED ON THE LOCAL LAWS APPLICABLE TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE.
If you are located in Australia or New Zealand, the following four paragraphs apply to you:
The benefits we give in this Agreement are additional to any rights and remedies that you may have under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”) (as applicable) and other applicable Australia and New Zealand consumer protection laws.
In Australia, our Software and the media on which it is provided, as well as any related services, come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have problems with the Service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
In New Zealand, our Software and the media on which it is provided come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1933 (NZ CGA).
This Agreement is not intended to and does not: (i) change or exclude any statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded; or (ii) limit or exclude any right you have against the person who sold the Product to you if that person has breached any sales contract with you. You agree to use the Software in compliance with all applicable laws, including local laws of the country or region in which you live or in which you download or use the Software.
EU RESIDENTS . Nothing in this Agreement is intended to or will have the effect of limiting any of your rights under European Union law and/or the laws of your country of residence, including rights as to the quality and fitness for purpose of the Software and its compliance with the description of it which was made by us prior to you accepting this Agreement.
References in this Agreement to “special, indirect, consequential, punitive or incidental damages” shall mean any losses which (i) were not reasonably foreseeable by both parties; (ii) were known to you but not to us; and/or (iii) were reasonably foreseeable by both parties but could have been prevented by you such as, for example (but without limitation), losses caused by viruses, malware or other malicious programs, or loss of or damage to your data.
You agree to use the Software in compliance with all applicable laws, including local laws of the country or region in which you live or in which you download or use the Software.
12. LIMITED WARRANTY AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMER . Belkin warrants that any media (such as a CD or USB stick) on which the Software may be provided will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 90 days from the date of its original purchase (the “Warranty Period”). If you make an eligible software media claim under this warranty during the Warranty Period (the “Limited Warranty”), Belkin will honor this warranty by replacing the Software media. To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, return the defective media along with the sales receipt directly to Belkin at the address indicated below, or you can contact the Belkin Support Team in your area as indicated below. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the media has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement media will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. In relation to consumers who are entitled to the benefit of the CGA, the media on which Software is provided comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under New Zealand law, and this Limited Warranty is in addition to any statutory rights such consumers may have under New Zealand law. This Limited Warranty does not apply in Australia. Consumers in Australia have statutory rights in relation to the Software and media on which the Software is provided under the Australian Consumer Law.
EXCEPT FOR THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ON MEDIA, SUBJECT TO SECTION 11 AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS WHERE IT CAN LAWFULLY DO SO, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BELKIN, ITS RESELLERS AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCEPTABLE OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA, LACK OF VIRUSES OR FREE FROM VIRUS OR MALWARE ATTACK, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOUR USE OF OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED INFORMATION, PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED INFORMATION, PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL GENERATE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY RESULTS, INFORMATION, MATERIAL OR DATA. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY BELKIN OR A DEALER, AGENT OR AFFILIATE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. To the extent warranties cannot be disclaimed or excluded, they are limited to the duration of the Warranty Period indicated above.
13. DISCLAIMERS, GENERAL EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY :
IN SOME JURISDICTIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO EXCLUDE AND/OR TO LIMIT BELKIN’S LIABILITY TO CONSUMERS. ONLY IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS WHERE IT CAN LAWFULLY DO SO, AND TO THE FULL EXTENT THAT IT IS ALLOWED BY LOCAL CONSUMER LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY (INCLUDING THE LAWS REFERRED TO IN SECTION 11 ABOVE IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER IN AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND), BELKIN:
- EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, DATA CAUSED BY USE OF THE SOFTWARE;
- LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT,
- LOSS OF THE ABILITY TO USE ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, AND
- ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SERVICES), WHICH ARISES UNDER ANY LAW (INCLUDING THE LAW OF NEGLIGENCE) AND WHICH RELATES TO YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SOFTWARE OR ANY RELATED SERVICES. THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES EVEN IF BELKIN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF ANY WARRANTY OR REMEDY PROVIDED UNDER THE ABOVE WARRANTY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; AND
- LIMITS ITS MONETARY LIABILITY TO YOU, UNDER ANY LAW, TO FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00).
THIS LIMITATION IS CUMULATIVE AND WILL NOT BE INCREASED BY THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE INCIDENT OR CLAIM. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL LIMIT BELKIN’S LIABILITY IN RELATION TO DEATH OR BODILY INJURIES RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR RECKLESSNESS OF BELKIN AND/OR ITS ASSOCIATED PARTIES.
YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, PRODUCT AND RELATED PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DISCRETION. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND BELKIN DISCLAIMS) ANY AND ALL LOSS, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING TO YOUR HOME, HVAC SYSTEM, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, PLUMBING, PRODUCT, OTHER PERIPHERALS CONNECTED TO THE PRODUCT, COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, AND ALL OTHER ITEMS AND PETS IN YOUR HOME, RESULTING FROM YOUR MISUSE OF THE SOFTWARE, PRODUCT AND RELATED PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH ANY SAFETY WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS THAT ACCOMPANY THE PRODUCT. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH USING THE PRODUCT AFTER READING THE SAFETY WARNINGS, YOU MUST RETURN THE PRODUCT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE AND STOP USING THE SOFTWARE. BELKIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR (I) YOUR FAILURE TO FOLLOW SAFETY WARNINGS, PRECAUTIONS OR ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT AND/OR SOFTWARE, (II) YOUR NEGLIGENCE IN USE OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR SOFTWARE, OR (III) YOUR INTENTIONAL MISUSE OF THE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED PROGRAMS AND DOCUMENTATION ARE NOT CERTIFIED FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE OR INTENDED OR SUITABLE FOR USE IN SITUATIONS OR ENVIRONMENTS WHERE FAILURE, DELAY OR ERRORS OR INACCURACIES IN THE DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, LIFE SUPPORT OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE PRODUCT AND SOFTWARE ARE NOT PART OF AND DO NOT CONTAIN A THIRD-PARTY MONITORED EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM. BELKIN DOES NOT MONITOR EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS AND WILL NOT DISPATCH EMERGENCY AUTHORITIES TO YOUR HOME IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. BELKIN CUSTOMER SUPPORT CONTACTS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A LIFESAVING SOLUTION AND THEY ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES. ALL LIFE THREATENING AND EMERGENCY SITUATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE APPROPRIATE EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES IN YOUR AREA.
It is your responsibility to back up your system, including without limitation, any material, information or data that you may use or possess in connection with the Product or Software, and Belkin shall have no liability for your failure to back up your system or any material, information or data.
Some Belkin Products and Software may monitor energy consumption in the home. Belkin does not guarantee or promise any specific level of energy savings or other monetary benefit from the use of the Products or Software or any other feature. Actual energy savings and any associated monetary benefits vary based on factors beyond Belkin’s control or knowledge. From time to time, Belkin may use the Software to provide you with information that is unique to you and your energy usage and suggests an opportunity to save money on energy bills if you adopt suggestions or features of the Product or Software. You acknowledge that this information is not a guarantee of actual savings, and you agree not to seek monetary or other remedies from Belkin if your savings differs. All information provided to you by Belkin is provided “as is” and “as available”. We cannot guarantee that it is correct or up to date. In cases where it is critical, accessing information through the Software is not a substitute for direct access of the information in the home.
The warranties and remedies set out in this Agreement are exclusive, and, to the extent permitted by law, in lieu of all others oral or written, express or implied.
14. EXPORT CONTROL LAWS : You agree that the use of the Software is subject to U.S. and local export control laws and regulations. You represent and warrant that you are not located in or a citizen of an embargoed or “terrorist supporting” country or a prohibited or restricted end user under applicable U.S. or local export and anti-terrorism laws, regulations and lists. You agree to strictly comply with all export control laws and regulations and agree not to export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Software or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export law or regulation.
15. U.S. GOVERNMENT USERS : The Software and user documentation qualify as “commercial items” as defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 48 C.F.R. 12.212. All U.S. Government users acquire the Software and user documentation with only those rights herein that apply to non-governmental customers. Use of either the Software or user documentation or both constitutes agreement by the U.S. Government that the Software and user documentation are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” and constitutes acceptance of the rights and restrictions herein.
If you are located in the United States, Section 17 applies to you:
17. ARBITRATION, WAIVER OF CLASSWIDE ARBITRATION, GOVERNING LAW & VENUE.
MANDATORY ARBITRATION . You have the right to opt-out of this mandatory arbitration provision. If you opt-out, you will retain your right to file a lawsuit. To opt-out, you must follow the directions set forth below under the heading “How to Opt Out of Mandatory Arbitration”. If you do not opt-out, you will have agreed to the mandatory arbitration set forth below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.
YOU AND BELKIN EACH ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY BETWEEN YOU AND BELKIN ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (1) THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE VALIDITY OF THIS SECTION, AND (2) YOUR USE OF SOFTWARE AND/OR PRODUCT(S) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DISPUTE”) SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY A MUTUALLY AGREEABLE NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED ARBITRATION AUTHORITY PURSUANT TO ITS CODE OF PROCEDURES THEN IN EFFECT FOR CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION YOU WOULD HAVE HAD A RIGHT TO LITIGATE A DISPUTE THROUGH A COURT BEFORE A JURY OR JUDGE, AND THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THOSE RIGHTS AND AGREE INSTEAD TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION.
ARBITRATION PROCEDURES AND FEES . THE ARBITRATION SHALL OCCUR BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, WHO MUST BE A RETIRED JUDGE OR JUSTICE, IN ONE OF SIX REGIONAL VENUES CONSISTENT WITH THE VENUE PROVISION BELOW. WHETHER OR NOT YOU PREVAIL IN THE DISPUTE SO LONG AS YOUR CLAIM IS NOT FOUND TO BE FRIVOLOUS BY THE ARBITRATOR AS MEASURED BY RULE 11(b) OF THE FEDERAL RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, YOU SHALL BE ENTITLED TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR COSTS OF ARBITRATION, WITHIN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE ARBITRATOR. IF THE ARBITRATION AWARD IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU DEMANDED IN YOUR ARBITRATION CLAIM, BELKIN WILL PAY FOR YOUR REASONABLE AND ACTUAL ATTORNEYS’ FEES YOU HAVE INCURRED TO ARBITRATE THE DISPUTE, PLUS A MINIMUM RECOVERY OF $2,500. ANY DECISION OR AWARD BY THE ARBITRATOR RENDERED IN AN ARBITRATION PROCEEDING SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON EACH PARTY, AND MAY BE ENTERED AS A JUDGMENT IN ANY COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. IF EITHER PARTY BRINGS A DISPUTE IN A COURT OR OTHER NON-ARBITRATION FORUM, THE ARBITRATOR OR JUDGE MAY AWARD THE OTHER PARTY ITS REASONABLE COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES) INCURRED IN ENFORCING COMPLIANCE WITH THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, INCLUDING STAYING OR DISMISSING SUCH DISPUTE.
WAIVER OF CLASSWIDE CLAIMS; SMALL CLAIMS COURT . NEITHER YOU NOR BELKIN SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER CONSUMERS OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION YOU MAY HAVE HAD A RIGHT TO ARBITRATE A DISPUTE ON A CLASSWIDE OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS, AND THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THOSE RIGHTS AND AGREE INSTEAD TO ARBITRATE ONLY YOUR OWN DISPUTE(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES, YOU AND BELKIN EACH ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EITHER PARTY MAY, AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO ARBITRATION, BRING AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE, SO LONG AS SUCH SMALL CLAIMS COURT DOES NOT PROVIDE FOR OR ALLOW FOR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF CLAIMS.
GOVERNING LAW . THIS AGREEMENT IS TO BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND GOVERNED BY THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW RULE THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION (OTHER THAN THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA) TO THE RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE PARTIES. HOWEVER, WITH RESPECT TO SOFTWARE PROVIDED, IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER AND YOU LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE BELKIN MARKETS OR PROMOTES THE SOFTWARE, LOCAL LAW MAY REQUIRE THAT CERTAIN CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE APPLY TO SOME SECTIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. EACH OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS AND THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LIMITATION PERIOD IN THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND WILL NOT APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
VENUE . EXCEPT FOR INDIVIDUAL SMALL CLAIMS ACTIONS WHICH CAN BE BROUGHT IN ANY SMALL CLAIMS COURT WHERE JURISDICTION AND VENUE ARE PROPER, ANY ARBITRATION, LEGAL SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE COMMENCED IN (1) NEW YORK, NEW YORK, (2) ATLANTA, GEORGIA, (3) CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, (4) DALLAS, TEXAS, (5) SEATTLE, WASHINGTON, OR (6) LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, AND YOU AND BELKIN EACH IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE FOR ANY SUCH PROCEEDING. HOWEVER, FOR A DISPUTE OF $2,500 OR LESS, YOU MAY CHOOSE WHETHER THE ARBITRATION IN ANY OF THE SIX REGIONAL VENUES PROCEEDS IN PERSON, BY TELEPHONE, OR BASED ONLY ON SUBMISSIONS.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF MANDATORY ARBITRATION . Notwithstanding the foregoing, you or Belkin may file a lawsuit in court rather than resolving the Dispute by arbitration if (a) the Dispute qualifies for small claims court (there are monetary limitations for small claims court), or (b) you opt out of these arbitration procedures within 30 days from the date that you accept this Agreement (the “Opt-Out Deadline”). In order to opt out of mandatory arbitration, you must (i) mail written notification to Belkin International, Inc., 12045 E. Waterfront Drive, Playa Vista, California, 90094, Attn: Chief Legal Officer, or (ii) email written notification to [email protected] . In either case, such written notification must include your name, address, and a clear statement that you do not wish to resolve disputes with Belkin through arbitration. Any opt-out request received after the Opt-Out Deadline will not be valid and you must pursue your Dispute in arbitration or, if the dispute qualifies, in small claims court.
If you are located outside of the United States, or if Section 17 does not apply to you or is otherwise unenforceable as adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction, then Section 18 applies to you:
18. GOVERNING LAW.
NON-EU RESIDENTS . The courts in some countries or jurisdictions will not apply California law to some types of disputes. If you are resident in one of those countries or jurisdictions, then where California law is excluded from applying, your country’s laws will apply to such disputes which are related to this Agreement. In all other circumstances, this Agreement will be governed by California law, without reference to its or any other jurisdiction’s conflict of laws principles. The courts in some countries or jurisdictions will not allow for dispute resolution by arbitration or waiver of classwide claims by you. If you are a resident of one of those countries or jurisdictions, any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought exclusively in the appropriate state or federal court in Los Angeles, California, and Belkin and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and venue in Los Angeles, California. However, if you are a consumer and you live in a country where Belkin markets or distributes the Software, local law may require that certain consumer protection laws of your country of residence apply to some sections of this Agreement. In addition, Belkin may seek injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property rights. Each of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the United Nations Convention on the Limitation Period in the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded and will not apply to this Agreement.
EU RESIDENTS . If you are a natural person who resides in a country in the European Union, the laws of the member state in which you are a resident shall apply to this Agreement and any disputes potentially arising in connection thereto. The courts of the member state in which you reside shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute. Residents of countries in the European Union may also bring any such dispute before a local consumer dispute resolution body, if any such body is constituted under the laws of the country in which you reside. Otherwise if you are located in Europe and are not a natural person, the laws of the United Kingdom shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to this Agreement (without reference to its choice of law provisions) and all disputes related thereto are dealt exclusively by the competent courts of the United Kingdom.
APPLE RIDER (REQUIRED FOR APP SOFTWARE ON APPLE’S APP STORE ONLY)
Acknowledgement . Both Belkin and you acknowledge that (i) this Agreement is concluded between Belkin and you only, and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”); (ii) as between Belkin and Apple, Belkin, not Apple, is solely responsible for the licensed application (“App”) and the content thereof. This Agreement does not provide for usage rules for the App that conflicts with the App Store Terms of Service as of the date you entered into this Agreement, and you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review the App Store Terms of Service.
Scope of License : The license granted to you for the App is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service, except that such App may be accessed, acquired and used by other accounts associated with you via family sharing or volume purchasing.
Maintenance and Support . Belkin is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App as required under applicable law. Both Belkin and you acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
Warranty : Belkin is solely responsible for the warranty in this Agreement, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Belkin’s sole responsibility.
Product Claims . Belkin and you acknowledge that Belkin, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims relating to the App and your possession and/or use of the App, including but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. This Agreement does not limit Belkin’s liability beyond what is permitted by applicable law.
Intellectual Property Rights . Belkin and you acknowledge that in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Belkin and not Apple will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
Third Party Terms of Agreement . You must comply with any applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App, such as your wireless data service agreement.
Third Party Beneficiary . Belkin and you acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary.
Belkin International, Inc. 12045 East Waterfront Drive Playa Vista, California 90094
If you have a question about your Product or Software or experience a problem with it, please go to the following websites for information on how to contact Belkin in your area:
- Belkin and Wemo Products: https://www.belkin.com/support
- Linksys Products: https://support.linksys.com
Belkin, Linksys, Wemo and many product names and logos are trademarks of the Belkin group of companies. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
© 2019 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Dated June 2019
- Home Home
- Hardware & networking Hardware & networking
IPv6 on Xbox
What’s ipv6, what if my xbox isn’t connected using ipv6, how can i tell if my xbox is connected using ipv6.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > General .
- Select Network settings .
My Xbox is using only IPv4. What should I do to add IPv6?
My router has ipv6 enabled, but my xbox is connected on ipv4. what else can i do, did this resolve the issue, related topics, still need help, contact times (pacific time), phone support, disability answer desk.
Accessible help and resources to get your Xbox questions answered.
- Help Center
Static IP Address for Xbox One
If you are having a difficult time joining chats or multiplayer matches on your Xbox One it may be due to your network having a Strict or Moderate NAT Type. To change your NAT Type from Strict or Moderate to Open you will need to assign a permanent IP address to your console and then forward some ports in your router. This guide should help you solve this common networking problem and get you back to enjoying your game.
Assigning a permanent IP address to your Xbox One ensures that your console always has the same internal IP address even after it is rebooted. Some routers allow you to manually assign an IP address, so you should check to see if that is an option in your router. If your router does not allow manual assignments, you can set up a static IP address in your Xbox One console.
Assign a Static IP Address to your Xbox One In Your Router
In your router, look for a way to manually assign an IP address. This process will differ depending on the specific router that you have. If you find this feature in your router, simply assign a permanent IP address to your Xbox One (in your router) and no changes are required in your Xbox One console. Your router will take care of always assigning your Xbox One the same internal IP address which will function the same as a static IP.
If you have a router that does not allow you to manually assign IP addresses, you will need to set up a static IP address within your Xbox One console. Follow these steps to assign an IP address in your router:
Assign Your Xbox a Permanent IP Address
You can try to permanently assign your Xbox One to the IP address that it is currently using. You can find the current IP address under advanced settings in the Xbox One Dashboard menu. To find the IP address , power up your Xbox One console and follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen and push the menu button on the controller
- Select Settings
- Select Network
- Select Advanced settings
- In the IP settings section you should see the IP address listed. (See screenshot below.) Write down this number because you will need to enter it into your router later.
- You should see Wired MAC address or Wireless MAC address listed under IP settings as well. The MAC address of your Xbox One console is a unique number and every console is assigned a different one from the factory. Write down the 12-digit address for the one that you are using (wired or wireless.)In your router, you will need to assign this MAC address to the IP address you have chosen (see step 2 for instructions.)
Login To Your Router
Login to your router (through your computer) and permanently assign your Xbox One to the IP address you found in step 1. For help logging in to your router visit our login guides .
Here is an example of a router that allows you to manually assign IP addresses.
In this Asus router, there is a box to type the IP address into and then a drop down menu for the MAC address . Use the numbers that you wrote down in step 1 of this guide. In this example, after typing in the addresses there is an "Add" button to click.
Some routers do not allow you to assign IP addresses within the DHCP range of the router (the range of addresses that your router automatically assigns to devices on your network.) If this is the case with your router, you will need to choose an IP address to assign that is outside the DHCP range of your router. See steps 2 through 4 of the following guide for help with choosing an IP address that is outside your router's DHCP range.
Test Your Xbox Network Connection
After you have assigned your Xbox One to a specific IP address, test the connection from your Xbox One Dashboard to make sure it is working. To test the connection:
- From the Xbox One Dashboard, choose Settings
- Choose Test network connection
- Wait while the test runs. It will check your connection to make sure your console is communicating with your network.
- "It's all good" should be displayed after the test is finished.
Forward Ports in your Router for your Xbox
Forwarding ports, or opening ports, in your router points all traffic coming in on certain ports to a specific internal IP address. To get an Open NAT Type, you will want to forward the following ports to the IP address of your Xbox One:
- TCP: 53, 80, 3074
- UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
For help with port forwarding you can visit our router guides .
Test Your Xbox Network Connection Again
After you have assigned a permanent IP address to your Xbox One console and forwarded the correct ports in your router, you can test your network connection. To test the connection from the Xbox One Dashboard:
- Wait while the test runs.
- The results of the test should tell you if your NAT Type is Open, Moderate, or Strict.
Your network connection should now have an Open NAT Type. If your network status is set to NAT Type: Open, congratulations to you! This a common networking problem that can be quite difficult to solve. Good job making it through the guide and optimizing your network. Now you should be able to enter into more matches and chat with all of your gaming buddies. Now, go enjoy your game!
If you are not able to get an Open NAT Type, check to see that you have entered in the correct information. Double check the data that you entered for the IP address and MAC address.
If you are still having difficulty getting an Open NAT Type check to see that your network is set up properly. You may have more than one router on your network. To determine if there is more than one router on your network you can run our free Router Detector software. It is important to only have one router on your network otherwise it is difficult to configure your network without running into problems.
Set up a Static IP address in your Xbox One Console
If you have a router that does not allow you to manually assign internal IP addresses, follow these instructions to set up a static IP address in your Xbox One console:
Find Your Current Xbox IP Address
Find out what IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS settings your Xbox One console is currently using. To find this info:
- In the IP settings section, you should see the IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, and MAC address listed. (See screenshot below.) Write all of these numbers down, you will need to enter them in later.
Login to Your Router
Next, login to your router (through your computer) and note the DHCP range your router uses. The DHCP range is the group of numbers that your router uses to assign internal IP addresses to devices on your network. For help logging in to your router visit our router guides and/or our guides on finding your router's IP address .
Here is a screenshot of a Linksys router. The DHCP range is circled in red.
Choose an IP Address for your Xbox
You will need to pick a number between 2 and 254 that is outside of your router's DHCP range to assign to your Xbox One.
In the example above, this Linksys router uses the range 100-149 to assign IP addresses to devices on the internal network. I chose to assign my Xbox to 201 . The IP address that I am going to assign to my Xbox is 192.168.1.201 . (Be sure to use the first three numbers that are in your router's IP address, also known as gateway.) Here are a few more examples for you:
- If your router's DHCP range is 200-254 you could choose a number between 2 and 50 to try.
- If your router uses 50-200, you could try a number between 2 and 49.
Use Ping to Find to Find an Available IP Address
To find out if this number is available ping the address using the Windows Command Prompt.
To open the Command Prompt:
- Click on the Windows Start menu
- Type cmd into the dialog box (in the Windows start menu)
- Then click on cmd.exe (which should be listed over the dialog box). A black window with white text should open.
To check whether or not the IP address is available for you to assign:
- Hit the space bar
- Then type in the IP address you want to check. Hit Enter .
If you ping an address and do not receive a reply, then the IP address is available for you to assign. (See example above.) If you do receive a reply then that IP address is in use and you will have to try a different one. Below is an example showing an address that is already in use.
Enter Static IP Address in Xbox
Next, go to your Xbox One console to set the internal IP address to the number you have chosen.
- From the home menu, select Settings
- select IP settings
- Select Manual
- Type in the IP address you have chosen and select Enter
- Type in the subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0). This should be one of the numbers that you wrote down at the beginning of this guide. Select Enter
- Type in your gateway which is your router's internal IP address and select Enter
- Go back to the advanced settings screen
- Choose DNS settings
- Type in the Primary DNS address (from the list that you made in step 1) then select Enter
- Type in the Secondary DNS address and select Enter
- On the Advanced settings screen choose Save
Test Xbox Network Connection
Test your network connection. In the Xbox One Dashboard:
- Go back to the Network settings screen, choose Test network connection
- The test will run and check your network connection status. Wait while the test runs.
- When the test is finished you should see the "It's all good" message.
Forward Ports in Your Router for Your Xbox
Forwarding ports, or opening ports, in your router points all traffic coming in on certain ports to a specific internal IP address. To get an Open NAT Type, you will want to forward the following ports (in your router) to the IP address of your Xbox One:
For help with port forwarding you can visit our port forwarding guides .
Test Xbox Network Settings
Your network status should now be set to NAT Type: Open. If you have an Open NAT Type, congratulations to you! This a common networking problem that can be quite difficult to solve. Good job making it through the guide and optimizing your network. Now you should be able to enter into more matches and chat with all of your gaming buddies. Now, go enjoy your game!
If you are not able to get an Open NAT Type, check to see that you have entered in the correct information. Double check the data that you entered for the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS addresses.
More From Portforward
Port Forwarding for FIFA 22
You can help improve your online connections in FIFA 22 by forwarding some ports for it in your router.
How to Open a Port in Your Router for Paladins: Champions of the Realm
You can help improve your online connections in Paladins by forwarding some ports for it in your router.
Open Ports on Your Router for Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
You can help improve your online connections for Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel by forwarding some ports in your router.
Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for AO Tennis 2
Make it easier to connect with more players and help improve online connections in AO Tennis 2 by forwarding some ports.
Forwarding Ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III on Your Router.
Forwarding ports can help make it easier for you to connect and play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III with other playres.
How to Open a Port in Your Router for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Forwarding some ports in your router for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege can help improve your online connections.
How To Open Ports in Your Router for Warframe
Warframe is much more fun with friends. Forwarding some ports can make it easier for you to play with them.
How to Port Forward Monster Hunter Rise in Your Router
Forwarding some ports in your router for Monster Hunter Rise can help improve your online multiplayer connections.