Scribbr Plagiarism Checker
Plagiarism checker software for students who value accuracy.
Extensive research shows that Scribbr's plagiarism checker, in partnership with Turnitin, detects plagiarism more accurately than other tools, making it the no. 1 choice for students.
How Scribbr detects plagiarism better
Powered by leading plagiarism checking software
Scribbr is an authorized partner of Turnitin, a leader in plagiarism prevention. Its software detects everything from exact word matches to synonym swapping .
Access to exclusive content databases
Your submissions are compared to the world’s largest content database , covering 99 billion webpages, 8 million publications, and over 20 languages.
Comparison against unpublished works
You can upload your previous assignments, referenced works, or a classmate’s paper or essay to catch (self-)plagiarism that is otherwise difficult to detect.
The Scribbr Plagiarism Checker is perfect for you if:
- Are a student writing an essay or paper
- Value the confidentiality of your submissions
- Prefer an accurate plagiarism report
- Want to compare your work against publications
This tool is not for you if you:
- Prefer a free plagiarism checker despite a less accurate result
- Are a copywriter, SEO, or business owner
Trusted by students and academics worldwide
Ace your admissions essay to your dream college.
Compare your admissions essay to billions of web pages, including other essays.
- Avoid having your essay flagged or rejected for accidental plagiarism.
- Make a great first impression on the admissions officer.
Submit your assignments with confidence.
Detect plagiarism using software similar to what most universities use.
- Spot missing citations and improperly quoted or paraphrased content.
- Avoid grade penalties or academic probation resulting from accidental plagiarism.
Take your journal submission to the next level.
Compare your submission to millions of scholarly publications.
- Protect your reputation as a scholar.
- Get published by the journal of your choice.
Scribbr’s services are rated 4.9 out of 5 based on 3,327 reviews. We aim to make you just as happy. If not, we’re happy to refund you !
Your submissions will never be added to our content database, and you’ll never get a 100% match at your academic institution.
Price per document
Select your currency
Prices are per check, not a subscription
- Turnitin-powered plagiarism checker
- Access to 99.3B web pages & 8M publications
- Comparison to private papers to avoid self-plagiarism
- Downloadable plagiarism report
- Live chat with plagiarism experts
- Private and confidential
Volume pricing available for institutions. Get in touch.
Request volume pricing
Institutions interested in buying more than 50 plagiarism checks can request a discounted price. Please fill in the form below.
Name * Email * Institution Name * Institution’s website * Country * Phone number Give an indication of how many checks you need * Please indicate how you want to use the checks * Depending of the size of your request, you will be contacted by a representative of either Scribbr or Turnitin. * Required
You don't need a plagiarism checker, right?
You would never copy-and-paste someone else’s work, you’re great at paraphrasing, and you always keep a tidy list of your sources handy.
But what about accidental plagiarism ? It’s more common than you think! Maybe you paraphrased a little too closely, or forgot that last citation or set of quotation marks.
Even if you did it by accident, plagiarism is still a serious offense. You may fail your course, or be placed on academic probation. The risks just aren’t worth it.
Scribbr & academic integrity
Scribbr is committed to protecting academic integrity. Our plagiarism checker software, Citation Generator , proofreading services , and free Knowledge Base content are designed to help educate and guide students in avoiding unintentional plagiarism.
We make every effort to prevent our software from being used for fraudulent or manipulative purposes.
Ask our team
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you.
- Email [email protected]
- Start live chat
- Call +1 (510) 822-8066
- WhatsApp +31 20 261 6040
Frequently asked questions
No, the Self-Plagiarism Checker does not store your document in any public database.
In addition, you can delete all your personal information and documents from the Scribbr server as soon as you’ve received your plagiarism report.
The Scribbr Plagiarism Checker is powered by elements of Turnitin’s Similarity Checker , namely the plagiarism detection software and the Internet Archive and Premium Scholarly Publications content databases .
Extensive testing proves that Scribbr’s plagiarism checker is one of the most accurate plagiarism checkers on the market in 2022.
The software detects everything from exact word matches to synonym swapping. It also has access to a full range of source types, including open- and restricted-access journal articles, theses and dissertations, websites, PDFs, and news articles.
At the moment we do not offer a monthly subscription for the Scribbr Plagiarism Checker. This means you won’t be charged on a recurring basis – you only pay for what you use. We believe this provides you with the flexibility to use our service as frequently or infrequently as you need, without being tied to a contract or recurring fee structure.
You can find an overview of the prices per document here:
Please note that we can’t give refunds if you bought the plagiarism check thinking it was a subscription service as communication around this policy is clear throughout the order process.
Your document will be compared to the world’s largest and fastest-growing content database , containing over:
- 99.3 billion current and historical webpages.
- 8 million publications from more than 1,700 publishers such as Springer, IEEE, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, and Taylor & Francis.
Note: Scribbr does not have access to Turnitin’s global database with student papers. Only your university can add and compare submissions to this database.
Scribbr’s plagiarism checker offers complete support for 20 languages, including English, Spanish, German, Arabic, and Dutch.
The complete list of supported languages:
If your university uses Turnitin, the result will be very similar to what you see at Scribbr.
The only possible difference is that your university may compare your submission to a private database containing previously submitted student papers. Scribbr does not have access to these private databases (and neither do other plagiarism checkers).
To cater to this, we have the Self-Plagiarism Checker at Scribbr. Just upload any document you used and start the check. You can repeat this as often as you like with all your sources. With your Plagiarism Check order, you get a free pass to use the Self-Plagiarism Checker. Simply upload them to your similarity report and let us do the rest!
Your writing stays private. Your submissions to Scribbr are not published in any public database, so no other plagiarism checker (including those used by universities) will see them.
- Help Center
- Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
Assignments is an add-on application for learning management systems (LMSs) that helps you distribute, analyze, and grade student work with Google Workspace for Education.
Assignments makes Google Docs and Google Drive compatible with your LMS for file submissions. You can use Assignments to save time distributing and grading student work, and analyze student submissions with originality reports to ensure authenticity.
- It works with any LMS that supports LTI version 1.1, such as Canvas, Schoology, Blackboard, Moodle, and more.
- You can also use Assignments with LTI version 1.3 for Canvas.
- Adding Assignments to your LMS might require assistance from your LMS administrator. If you have never set up an add-on application or external tool for your LMS, talk to your IT admin or LMS admin about setting up Assignments in Canvas , or another LMS, such as Schoology .
- If you use an account associated with your educational institution, terms may apply based on your organization's agreement with Google. If you don’t use a managed account, the Google Terms of Service may apply.
- At this time, Google Workspace Admin support for installation help and troubleshooting is only available for customers using Canvas . If you use a different LMS, help is available in the community forum .
To get the latest updates on Assignments, follow Google for Education Twitter and subscribe to the Google for Education blog .
Features and benefits of Assignments
Distribute personalized google drive templates and worksheets to students.
- Assign and collect virtually any file type, including Google Docs and Microsoft® Word files.
- Automatically distribute a personalized copy of assignment files for each student.
- Each distributed copy will be labeled with a student’s name and organized in a Drive folder.
Spot missed citations and possible plagiarism with originality reports
- Assess student work for originality without leaving your grading tool.
- Searches hundreds of billions of web pages and 40 million books.
- Help students learn to support their ideas by letting them scan their work for missed citations up to three times before submitting.
- For Google Workspace for Education Plus customers, originality reports will scan past student submissions for student-to-student matches within your school’s domain.
Save time grading while providing rich feedback
- Prevents students from editing their work while you grade.
- Grade with rubrics to keep grading consistent and transparent.
- Give rich feedback and suggestions on student work using the power of Google Docs, including margin comments, strikethroughs, and highlighting.
- Easily reuse frequent margin comments with a personalized comment bank.
- Grades save to the LMS gradebook.
Get started with Assignments
- Set up Assignments in Canvas
- Set up Assignments in Schoology
- Set up Assignments in Blackboard
- Set up Assignments in D2L/Brightspace
- Set up Assignments in Moodle
- Set up Assignments in Sakai
- How Assignments works
- Set up Assignments in Schoology or another LMS
- Educator's guide to Assignments setup
Need more help?
Try these next steps:.
Google’s new ‘Assignments’ software for teachers helps catch plagiarism
Just in time for the new school year, Google’s educational arm, Google for Education, today announced the launch of new tools aimed at helping teachers fight plagiarism. The company this morning is unveiling Assignments , an updated version of the software previously known as CourseKit, which will ship with new features that help instructors check students’ work to ensure it’s properly cited — not stolen from another source.
Students also can take advantage of the new tools, notes Google, as the feature will allow them to run these “originality reports” up to three times before submitting their final work to their teacher.
This gives students the chance to catch and fix any errors, while also saving the teacher time in grading, the company says.
The updated Google Assignments program does more than help catch cheaters, however.
The software combines aspects of Google Docs, Google Drive and Google Search into a new tool that’s focused on the creation and management of schoolwork, including the collection, grading and feedback process — and now, the ability to check for plagiarism, as well.
Other features include a comment bank to save teachers from typing the same feedback over and over; the ability to assign files to students without having to use the copier; the ability to grade assignments for a class with a student switcher and rubric included, and more.
With the plagiarism checker — the feature called “Originality Reports” — teachers can check for missed citations and other issues. When the work is turned in and locked, the feature will check the student’s text against “hundreds of billions of web pages” and “tens of millions of books,” says Google.
Once the feature is enabled on a given assignment, students can only run the check three times. This allows them the chance to fix oversights, but doesn’t let them abuse the feature to rewrite multiple pieces within a longer report to avoid detection.
Teachers will receive an Originality Report attached to the assignments that details any missed citations and notes the source — like a book or a web page.
“Today’s students face a tricky challenge: In an age when they can explore every idea imaginable on the internet, how do they balance outside inspiration with authenticity in their own work? Students have to learn to navigate the line between other people’s ideas and their own, and how and when to properly cite sources,” explains Brian Hendricks, a product manager for G Suite for Education, in an announcement.
The plagiarism-checking feature is launching into beta testing today , with invites rolling out to schools and teachers over the next few weeks. Assignments is a free addition to G Suite for Education.
The software can be used either as a companion to a school’s Learning Management System (LMS) or a school admin can opt to integrate it with the existing LMS, notes Google.