- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Choosing the Right Project Management System for Your Business
In today’s fast-paced business environment, effective project management is crucial to ensure the successful completion of tasks and projects. With numerous projects running simultaneously and teams working remotely, businesses need reliable project management systems to streamline their operations and achieve desired outcomes. In this article, we will explore the key considerations when choosing a project management system for your business.
Understanding Your Business Requirements
Before selecting a project management system, it is essential to understand your business requirements thoroughly. Consider the size of your organization, the complexity of your projects, and the number of team members involved. Analyzing these factors will help you identify specific features that are essential for your business.
For small businesses with simple projects and a limited number of team members, a basic project management system with task tracking and collaboration features may suffice. However, larger organizations with complex projects may require more advanced features such as resource allocation, budget management, and integration with other software tools.
Evaluating User-Friendliness and Ease of Adoption
When implementing a new project management system in your business, user-friendliness plays a critical role in its success. A system that is intuitive and easy to navigate reduces the learning curve for team members, leading to quicker adoption.
Look for systems with clean interfaces, customizable dashboards, and straightforward navigation menus. Some systems offer mobile apps that allow team members to access project information on-the-go. Additionally, consider whether the system offers training resources or customer support to assist users during implementation.
Examining Collaboration Capabilities
Collaboration is at the heart of successful project management. The ability for team members to communicate efficiently and share information in real-time can significantly impact productivity and project outcomes. When evaluating project management systems, pay close attention to their collaboration capabilities.
Look for features such as instant messaging or chat functions within the system that allow team members to communicate seamlessly without relying on external tools. Additionally, consider whether the system allows for file sharing, document collaboration, and task commenting. These features foster collaboration and ensure that everyone is on the same page throughout the project lifecycle.
Considering Integration Possibilities
In today’s interconnected digital landscape, it is essential to choose a project management system that can integrate with other software tools your business relies on. Integration eliminates the need for manual data entry and ensures seamless information flow between systems.
Consider whether the project management system can integrate with popular tools such as communication platforms (e.g., Slack or Microsoft Teams), document management systems (e.g., Google Drive or SharePoint), or accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks or Xero). Seamless integration not only saves time but also improves overall efficiency by eliminating duplicate work and reducing errors.
Choosing the right project management system for your business requires a thorough understanding of your organization’s requirements, evaluating user-friendliness and collaboration capabilities, as well as considering integration possibilities. By selecting a system that aligns with your specific needs, you can streamline your project management processes, enhance team collaboration, and achieve successful outcomes in an efficient manner.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- 0 Shopping Cart $ 0.00 -->
Business Continuity Management Certification
BCM Institute’s business continuity management certifications are available for all business continuity management professionals who would like to get their experience and competency validated by an independent business continuity management certification body.
To obtain a business continuity management certification, one has to fulfill the conditions:
- Attain the relevant courses attached to the desired business continuity certification
- Pass the qualifying certification examination
- Send in the appropriate certification application fees
- Send in the certification application form detailing 3 or 5 (depending on desired certification) business continuity experience in relation to the BCM Body of Knowledge (BoK)
Certification would then be awarded once the independent certification body is satisfied that all conditions are met. Certifications are then valid for 1 year after which yearly renewals are needed to ensure the validity of the certifcation.
The available crisis management certifications are:
- Business Continuity Management Certified Planner
- Business Continuity Management Certified Specialist
- Business Continuity Management Certified Expert
- BCM Certification
- BCM Institute Code of Ethics
- Maintain My Credential
- Resilience Awards
- Become a sponsor
GET IN TOUCH
An online learning platform offering expert-led video capsules and certificate programs to unlock a world of knowledge.
A gathering of professionals and experts who discuss on the latest trends and topics
An authentic source of information and inspiration
Online store for ISO and IEC standards, Toolkits, eBooks, etc.
- / Training & Certification
- / ISO 22301
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System - Training Courses
What is iso 22301.
As an international standard for Business Continuity Management System, the ISO 22301 is designed to protect, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise. With a Business Continuity Management System, your organization is prepared to detect and prevent threats.
ISO 22301 enables you to respond effectively and promptly based on the procedures that apply before, during and after the event. Implementing a Business Continuity plan within your organization means that you are prepared for the unexpected. Business Continuity Plan assures you that your organization will continue to operate without any major impacts and losses.
Why is Business Continuity important for you?
Being certified against ISO 22301 gives you the power of providing a premium level of services to your shareholders no matter the circumstances. ISO 22301 acknowledges you the ability to secure data backups, minimize major losses and maximize the recovery time of critical functions. With ISO 22301, you will enhance your knowledge and skills and you will be able to advise your organization on best practices in the management of business continuity. Given that, you will improve your ability to analyze and make decisions in the context of business continuity management.
Benefits of ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
An ISO 22301 certification brings many benefits, such as:
- Expand your knowledge on how a Business Continuity Management System will help you to meet business objectives
- Gain the necessary knowledge to manage a team in the implementation of ISO 22301
- Strengthen your reputation management
- Increase your customer reliability
- Identify risks and minimize the impact of incidents
- Improve the recovery time
- Achieve international recognition
How do I get started with ISO 22301 Training?
Choosing the right certification body to offer you the finest qualitative training can be challenging. Our training is uniquely designed to meet individuals and organization’s needs. A PECB certification reflects safety, reliability and superior quality. If you are keen to be part of a global network and boost your knowledge, then our experts are helpful and available for your needs!
Contact us to begin with the first step
PECB Certified ISO 22301 training courses available
If you are eager to further promote your expertise, PECB has the right training for you. Learn more about Business Continuity Management Systems through the PECB ISO 22301 training courses. Check below to find the training that suits you best.
aaa ISO 22301 Introduction Training
- ISO 22301 Introduction
Introduction to Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
aaa PECB Certified ISO 22301 Foundation– Training, Examination, and Certification
- ISO 22301 Foundation
Become acquainted with the best practices of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
aaa PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer– Training, Examination, and Certification
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Master the implementation and management of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
aaa PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor- Training, Examination, and Certification
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
Master the audit of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
aaa PECB Certified ISO 22301 Transition – Training, Examination, and Certification
- ISO 22301:2019 Transition
Book your seat
Check the dates and book now.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Training & Certification
- Ethical Hacking
- Training Course Catalog
- Attributed Territories
- Exam Rules and Policies
- Online Exam Manual
- Invigilator Guide
- Candidate Handbooks
- Certification Rules and Policies
- Certification Maintenance
- Certificate Verification
- Master Credentials
- Leadership, Committees and Advisory Boards
- PECB Code of Ethics
Terms, Conditions, and Policies | Privacy Statement
© 2023 Professional Evaluation and Certification Board. All rights reserved.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
- Certification & Training
- Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
Kick-start your career. Improve resilience in your organization. Book your place today and start studying to obtain your CBCI Certification.
Find a course
CBCI Certification Course
Who is the course for.
- Business continuity professionals already working in the industry
- Business continuity coordinators/champions with responsibilities in their organization
- Professionals looking to start a career in the industry
- Those that have business continuity responsibilities embedded in their role in smaller organizations such as Managing Directors or Operations Managers
What does the course cover?
The CBCI Certification course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines (GPG). The GPG is a body of knowledge that covers the whole BCM Lifecycle and walks you through all stages of implementing a business continuity plan
Policy and Programme Management
This stage helps you establish a business continuity policy and defines how the policy should be implemented through an ongoing cycle of activities.
- Defining the scope of the Business Continuity Programme
- Establishing governance
- Assigning roles & responsibilities
This section will show you how to best integrate business continuity awareness and practice into your day-to-day business operations and organization’s culture using a collaborative approach among business departments and staff, as well as different disciplines.
- Understanding and influencing organizational culture
Download the free GPG Lite for an overview of the BCMS
Download the GPG Lite
This stage will help you review and assess the organization to identify objectives, how it functions, and constraints of its operating environment.
- Understanding the Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- The product & service BIA
- The process BIA
- The activity BIA
- Risk & threat assessment
In this stage you will learn how to identify and select appropriate solutions to achieve continuity in the event of an incident.
- Designing business continuity solutions
- Risk & threat mitigation measures
Learn how to implement the plans you created in the design stage. In the implementation stage, you will also understand how to develop a response structure – as well as priorities, procedures, responsibilities, and resources - for dealing with incidents.
- Response structure
- Developing and managing plans
- Strategic plans
- Tactical plans
- Operational plans
At this stage you need to check that the plans you have produced are accurate and fit for purpose for your organization and that the plans are current and tested.
- Developing exercises and an exercise programme
- Plan maintenance
Book 3-5 days online/classroom course
Book 6 weeks online course
What are the benefits of taking this course?
- This course will help you gain a practical insight and best practices of how a business continuity plan is developed and implemented
- It will be supplemented by real world case studies to help with understanding concepts and principles
- The course is delivered by expert business continuity professionals that have passed the BCI’s process to become Approved Instructors
- Opportunities to use your own organization as a case study throughout the course
- By passing the CBCI Exam you will become a member of the BCI and your first membership fee will be waved.
- You will receive the post-nominal ‘CBCI’, which you can use to showcase your knowledge, expertise and commitment to professional development in your email signature or LinkedIn profile. This is a great way to distinguish yourself with your colleagues, clients and potential employers.
- Become a part of a global community and access numerous networking opportunities to connect with fellow professionals to exchange knowledge, ideas and professional experience as well as to help each other learn and understand.
Hear what students have to say about the course ...
We would highly recommend the course: as BC professionals the experience shared by the tutor and other participants was enlightening and the GPG have definitely helped to better understand some steps of the methodology. The course has also given us many resources and examples to improve the way in which we explain the BIAs and plans to clients during a BC program implementation. James [McAlister] was fantastic. He has a great deal of experience in the sector and tremendous energy and sense of humor. Marta Bellera CBCI Student with BC Training, Institut Cerda
Your training - it was engaging and informative, so well delivered. I really related to some of the examples you provided and that helped me a lot to put context to what we were discussing. CBCI Student - The Continuity Shop
The training was very rewarding. I appreciated a lot. The instructor was knowledgeable on the subject matter, he provided clear examples and he asked questions to the participants which further enriched the training with the exchanges of experiences and best practices. Zouhair Erraji - CBCI Student with BC Training
How is the course delivered?
Bci licensed training partners.
The BCI has a global network of licensed Training Partners delivering this course over 3-5 full days. On these courses you will be joined by fellow professionals from a variety of backgrounds and organizations - Find a location, pick a date, and book your course – due to the current Coronavirus pandemic some BCI Training Partners are delivering this course online and some are physical in-class courses.
The BCI 6 Week Online Course
The BCI delivers this CBCI Online over 6 weeks, with 4 hours of sessions each week,. On this course you will be joined by an international cohort of students.
BCI 6 weeks CBCI Online
The cost of sitting the CBCI Certification course will depend on location and delivery method.
How will the course be assessed?
To receive your CBCI Certification, post-nominals, and access to BCI membership - you need to sit and pass the CBCI Exam.
The CBCI Exam consists of multiple-choice answers based on the GPG. The exam can be taken online at a convenient time to you. You simply need a stable internet connection and a webcam so the exam can be proctored.
Free Resources to help you prepare for the CBCI Certification course
CBCI Candidate Information Pack
This is your first step to getting you CBCI Certification! It tells you everything you need to know about the CBCI Certification course and exam and how to prepare.
BCI Good Practice Guideline (GPG) LITE
The BCI GPG LITE gives you a first look at what the full GPG contains and a flavour of what the CBCI Certification course entails. It gives you a brief overview of each stage of the BCM Lifecycle.
Official website of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
Here’s how you know
Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
- Education & Training
- NICCS Education & Training Catalog
- Certified Information Security
#Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Manager (ISO 22301 CBCM)
- Online, Instructor-Led
- Online, Self-Paced
This is the expert-level business continuity management certification. This certification maps to all ISO 22301 competence requirements.
Building upon the foundation understanding of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) platform validated by the Certified Business Continuity Strategist credential, the Certified Business Continuity Manager (CBCM) attests to your ability to develop the necessary incident management plans (IMPs) and response procedures necessary to fulfill the strategic objectives that have already been finalized. The CBCM also certifies that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to properly administrate the deployment, testing, and maintenance of IMPs and response procedures.
CBCM certification ensures that you are qualified to develop strategic objectives including, but not limited to:
✅ determine and guide the selection of alternative business recovery operating strategies for continuation of business within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, while maintaining the organization's critical functions; ✅ deliver solutions for continuation of business within the recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, whilst maintaining the organization's critical functions; ✅ develop, coordinate, and evaluate plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents; ✅ provide post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will also:
✅ expand your risk management and business continuity competency in line with internationally recognized standards of best practice; ✅ increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and ✅ improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
- Collect and Operate
- Operate and Maintain
- Oversee and Govern
- Protect and Defend
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
iso 20000 societal security international standard, 22301 planning, iso 22301 2012 d isaster recovery , iso 22301 2012, iso 22301 2012 d isaster recovery , disaster recovery , disaster recovery , disaster recovery plan , iso 14001 disaster response, iso 27001 capacity building, iso 27001 disaster preparedness, iso 20000 societal security, disaster recovery plan , iso 27001 disaster recovery plan , ohsas 18001 international standard, risk assessment, disaster preparedness, iso 9001, disaster recovery plan , disaster recovery , iso 14001, disaster recovery , disaster recovery, disaster certification , disaster management training , iso 27001 natural disasters relief, natural disasters media, ohsas 18001, risk assessment, iso 27001 disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction, disaster response and recovery plan, data loss, iso 9001, disaster risk reduction, disaster response and recovery, capacity building, data loss, iso 9001, iso 14001, business impact analysis, iso 20000 societal security, business continuity standard, ohsas 18001, risk assessment, international standard, disaster management program, disaster plan, emergency response, power outages is necessary for the inspector general data center with information technology
Advance your career. Get certified as an expert in designing and leading ISO 22301 business continuity management.
- You are here:
- Professional Certification Programs
- ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Manager
What is ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management?
ISO 22301 is the international standard for business continuity management. Continued operations in the event of a business disruption, whether due to a major disaster or a minor incident, are a fundamental requirement for any organization.
Having CBCM certification tells employers you are qualified to:
- determine and guide the selection of alternative business recovery operating strategies for continuation of business within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, while maintaining the organization's critical functions;
- deliver solutions for continuation of business within the recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, whilst maintaining the organization's critical functions;
- develop, coordinate, and evaluate plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents;
- provide post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will also:
- expand your risk management and business continuity competency in line with internationally recognized standards of best practice;
- increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
Train in class or online, take your exams, and get certified as an ISO business continuity strategist, administrator, or manager.
Certification Track and Process
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. the cbcm™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:.
- If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CBCM credential.
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Deploy, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Management
- Pass the CBCM Exams. For CBCM certification by CIS, candidates must pass CIS exams RM101, BCMS101, and BCMS 102. CIS exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Complete and submit your ISO 22301 CBCM certification application to the Certification Department at [email protected]. Certification applications are available for download at www.certifiedinfosec.com/services/certification-programs/cis-professional-certification-program/certification-kit-brochures-and-applications .
Your digital credentials
Your digital credential certificates and badges will be processed and emailed to you within 10 business days following the receipt of the required documentation. Learn more about CIS' digital certificates and badges .
Certification maintenance and renewal requirements can be viewed at www.certifiedinfosec.com/services/certification-programs .
Certified Information Security is authorized to provide all required training and exams for CBCM certification. CBCM certification candidates must successfully complete:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy Workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Deploy, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity Management
CBCM™ certification requires successful completion of three exams:
Required Exam: RM101
Exam #RM101 maps to ISO/IEC 31000, 31010, and 27005 risk management content areas taught in "Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management."
- Required for CICRA, CICA, CBCS, CBCA, and CBCM certifications.
- Number of questions: 65
- Passing score: 75%
- Time limit: 70 minutes
RM101 Content Areas
- Context establishment
- Risk assessment
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance
- Risk communication
- Risk monitoring and review
Required Exam: BCMS101
Exam #BCMS101 maps to ISO 22301 and ISO 22313 content areas associated with BCMS planning and strategy, as taught in "Policy Workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management".
- Required for CBCS, CBCA, and CBCM certification
- Time limit: 70 minutes
BCMS101 Content Areas
- Introduction to Professional Business Continuity Management
- Determining BCM requirements
- Establishing the business continuity objectives and plans
- Scoping the BCM
- Setting the business continuity policy
- Resourcing and financing the BCM
- Governance roles and responsibilities
- Training and competency
- Documentation and records
- Understanding the organization
- Business Impact Analysis
- Estimating continuity requirements
- Embedding BCM into the organization's culture
Required Exam: BCMS102
Exam #BCMS102 maps to ISO 22301 and ISO 22313 content areas associated with BCMS deployment, exercising, and certification as taught in "Deploy, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity Management".
BCMS102 Content Areas
- Identifying enterprise-wide and business unit continuity strategic requirements
- Designing, developing and implementing business continuity and incident management plans that provide continuity within BCM recovery time and/or recovery point objectives
- Preparing to create the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan Documents
- Writing incident response plans
- Aggregating incident response plans into a business continuity plan
- Developing processes to maintain the currency of continuity capabilities, business continuity and incident management plans in accordance with the organization's strategic direction.
- Pre-planning and coordinating plan walkthroughs/exercises.
- Exercising BCM arrangements
- Maintaining BCM arrangements
- Reviewing BCM arrangements
- Embedding business continuity management within the organization's culture
- Skills training
- Certifying the organization's business continuity management system
Qualified experience for Certified Business Continuity Manager™ certification
This is the expert-level business continuity management certification requiring a minimum of 5 years of qualified experience. Ensuring operational continuity in the event of a business disruption, whether due to a major disaster or a minor incident, is intrinsic to the management of many organizational functions. Prior experience in any of these typical management functions below qualifies towards CBCM certification.
Prior certification experience credits
Each of the following professional credentials may be used to substitute for 6 months of required experience:
Preparing for Certified Information Security's professional certification exams #RM101, #BCMS101, and #BCMS102 is serious business. This is where we can help. If you first successfully complete:
- All prerequisite course training; and
- All RM101, BCMS101, and BCMS102 online practice exams
Certified Information Security guarantees your success in passing CIS exams #RM101, #BCMS101, and #BCMS102.
If you do not pass exams #RM101, #BCMS101, and #BCMS102 on your first attempt after completion of your required training and practice exams, Certified Information Security will allow you to re-test at no additional charge until you successfully pass your certification exams.
Online students have the additional convenience of taking courses whenever they want without the need to travel or disrupt their busy schedules. Our program allows users to start and stop without losing their place or data. Learning and certifying expertise has never been so easy!
How to get started - two alternatives
- "Pay-as-you-go" by purchasing your membership in the CIS Body of Certified Professionals, training, recommended practice exams, and the certification exams as you need them . Start by purchasing training, and then purchase practice exams when you are ready. After you complete your practice exams, you then purchase your certification exam.
A breakdown of the costs are as follows:
1. Required CIS Membership Application Fee & Membership Dues: $100.00 Learn more
2. required training, 3. optional online practice exams for all exams (rm101, bcms101, and bcms102): $225.00 learn more, 4. required online certification exams (rm101, bcms101, and bcms102): $300.00 learn more.
- Work with Us
- Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Affiliate Terms and Conditions
- End-User License Agreement (EULA)
- Purchase Cancellation Policy
- Copyright Statement
- Affiliate Sales
- NIST CSF Cyber Resilience Review Hands-On Assessment
- Policy Audit and Gap Assessment
- Course Summaries at a Glance
- Live Event Schedule
- 1-Day Exec Overview of Risk Oversight and Strategy
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management Policy and Strategy
- Auditing the ISO 27001 ISMS
- Cloud Security Essentials and CCSK Certification Bootcamp
- ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System Policy and Strategy
- ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery and Corruption Manager program
- Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Fraud Investigation and Interviewing
- Certification Summaries at a Glance
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Lead Implementer
- Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- Certified ISO 27001 Internal Controls Architect
- Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Strategist
- ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery and Corruption Manager
- CIS Professional Credentialing Program Process and Requirements
- Certification Kit Brochures and Applications
- All Certifications at a Glance
- Digital Credentials: Certificates and Badges
- Shop online training, certification exams, and policy templates
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- ISO 37301 Compliance Management
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- CISSP Certification Preparation
- CCSK Certification Preparation
- CISA Certification Preparation
- CISM Certification Preparation
- CRISC Certification Preparation
- Attend live training via video conference
- Manage your existing event registrations
- Request a quote for a discounted private engagement at your facility
- Stay Informed
- Shop online training, certification exams and renewals, and policy templates
- Technical Support
- Content Question
- Purchase ISACA exam preparation
- Purchase (ISC)2 Exam Preparation
Have us facilitate your group at your site or virtual videoconference and save up to 50%!
- Verify Documents, Clients & Products
- Offices & Labs
- Our Services
- Our Company
- News & Resources
What are you looking for?
Some topics you might be interested in, iso 22301 certification – business continuity management systems.
An ISO 22301 certification audit from SGS will help you to ensure that your organization has a solid business continuity management system (BCMS) in place.
Every organization will need to respond to an incident that disrupts daily business operations. Therefore, a successful BCMS is essential.
The standard specifies the requirements for implementing, maintaining and improving a BCMS to protect against, reduce the impact of, respond to and recover from disruptions.
Long-term benefits of ISO 22301 certification include:
- Implement organization-wide identification and understanding of critical business processes and the impact of disruptions
- Proactively minimize impact
- Increase resilience levels and recovery capabilities, as well as ensure that the business survives
- Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time(s)
- Gain an advantage over less resilient competitors
- Demonstrate resilience to customers, suppliers, media and stakeholders, especially during crisis conditions
How can SGS help?
With years of worldwide experience in business continuity, we can help you along the path to certification with an ISO 22301 audit. Your audit can include a gap assessment and benchmarking. We will determine your level of business continuity competence and provide advice on how to achieve ongoing improvement.
- SGS Headquarters
+41 22 739 91 11
1 Place des Alpes,
P.O. Box 2152, 1211,
News & Insights
Related services, more services.
Business Continuity Management System (ISO 22301) Certification
Companies may be subject to a range of operational delays and supply chain disruptions. By implementing and certifying a Business Continuity Management System, organizations can swiftly recover from incidents without compromising their long-term security.
Operational delays take many forms – utility disruptions, IT outages, extreme weather – and are a risk for all businesses. To recover from these incidents, organizations require a comprehensive strategy that tackles numerous business continuity risks.
ISO 22301 is a Business Continuity Management System that accounts for your company’s complete ecosystem. With ISO 22301, companies can identify areas of risk, implement controls and allocate responsibilities appropriately. By certifying your business to ISO 22301, you can reassure both internal and external parties of your company’s ability to recover from unexpected disruptions.
Identify risk and implement appropriate organizational controls.
with ISO 22301
Minimize property risks and revenue loss
while maintaining cash flow in the face of disruptions
Implement a company-wide
business continuity policy specific to your business context
Reassure stakeholders and investors
of your company’s operational safety by certifying to ISO 22301
Achieve certification from Bureau Veritas,
a leader in Enterprise Risk services
ISO 22301: Protecting your business continuity
ISO 22301 helps organizations plan for and recover from business disruptions. By establishing procedures and controls through ISO 22301 implementation and certification, companies can mitigate time and money lost in the event of an operational delay.
Reassuring internal and external parties
Certification to ISO 22301 reassures stakeholders, investors, clients and employees of your company’s preparedness. By certifying to ISO 22301, which includes personnel training, internal audits and management reviews, your company can demonstrate resilience to both internal and external parties.
Implementing a convenient, business appropriate standard
ISO 22301 is a Business Continuity Management System for public and private organizations of all sizes. The standard’s High-Level Structure makes ISO 22301 easy to integrate into any existing ISO-based management systems that your company has in place.
INTRODUCTION TO ISO 22301 BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Service Sheet for Certification
Making excellence a habit
- Verify a certificate
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 27001 Information Security
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 14064-1 Carbon Footprint Verification
- ISO 22301 - Business Continuity Management Certs
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
Minimize the impact of disruptive incidents
Protect your workers: returning to the 'next normal'
Book ISO 22301 training courses with the BSI Training Academy
BCI Horizon Scan Report
Get the latest insight on future threats, alongside previous disruptions, in this years’ BCI Horizon Scan Report.
Access our selection of ISO 22301 resources
ISO 22301 revision
ISO 22301 has been updated
Understand and prioritize the threats to your business with the international standard for business continuity. ISO 22301 specifies the requirements for a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of, and ensure your business recovers from disruptive incidents
Where are you on your business continuity management journey?
Find out what business continuity management means and why ISO 22301 is good for business.
Discover the best way to implement an ISO 22301 business continuity management system and how we can help you.
Get independent assessment and gain certification for your business continuity management system.
Make sure your business continuity management system stays compliant and continues to protect your business from emerging threats.
University of Surrey: ISO 22301 Video Case Study
Listen to the University of Surrey's story about how ISO 22301 benefited them and their organizational resilience.
What are the benefits of ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management?
- Identify and manage current and future threats to your business
- Take a proactive approach to minimizing the impact of incidents
- Keep critical functions up and running during times of crises
- Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time
- Demonstrate resilience to customers, suppliers and for tender requests
Popular training courses for ISO 22301
We use accelerated learning techniques to make sure you fully understand business continuity management. And we put your learning into context with a blend of classroom teaching, workshops and interactive sessions.
ISO 22301:2019 Requirements >
To gain an understanding of effective business continuity management in an organization by providing a systematic approach to achieving its operation and continual improvement.
1 day classroom based training course
BSI - your partner every step of the way
We pioneered standards more than 100 years ago and today we’re the market leader. We help over 80,000 clients ranging from top global brands to small ambitious businesses in 182 countries worldwide to gain an edge over their competition. As one of the few organizations that understands standards from start to finish, we don’t only assess how well you’re meeting them, we create new standards from scratch and train teams globally to use them and perform better. Our knowledge can transform your organization.
Helps, tips and guides
Iso 22301 introduction guide (pdf) >.
ISO 22301 Features and benefits (PDF) >
Iso 22301 self assessment checklist >, see all available resources >.
- Reputation Risk Management
- Critical Event Management
- Security Risk Management
- Workplace Safety Management
- In Case of Crisis 365 Platform Overview
- Threat Intelligence & Social Listening
- Issues & Incident Management
- Role-based & Actionable Playbooks
- Microsoft Teams Integration
- News and Events
Which Business Continuity Certification Should You Have?
Business continuity is a complex and fast-moving field. Best practices evolve all the time, and it seems a new international standard is being released each year. It can be challenging to keep up with all this change, while also focusing on your own organization’s BC program.
That’s why business continuity certification can be extremely beneficial. Holding a certification or two is a way to demonstrate to your organization and others in the BC industry that you are equipped with the most up-to-date BC knowledge and have a strong understanding of what makes a successful BC program .
But what BC certifications are going to be the most effective, both in your day-to-day job and throughout your career in general? Here, we take a look at five of the top certifications that stand to benefit any BC professional:
1.) ASIS International SPC.1-2009
The global security organization, ASIS International, offers its own certification on operational resilience, with a focus on security preparedness and continuity management systems. This program is particularly helpful for BC professionals who are working to build out new plans for recovering from a crisis. The certification uses a “plan-do-check-act” framework, much like other standards.
2.) Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
Offered by DRI International, the CBCP designation is one of the most popular—and arguably one of the most recognized—in the BC industry. This certification covers all the basics of BC planning and preparation, and even includes options for specialist certifications, a master-level certification and more.
The CBCP is well rounded and gives you a chance to continue your education over time, making it a good choice for professionals who are new to BC or those looking to earn their first certification.
3.) Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
The CBCI designation is similar to the CBCP, but is more widely used in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The CBCI is the first step toward becoming certified by the Business Continuity Institute (BCI). Much like the CBCP, the CBCI is also a fairly well-rounded certification. In this case, a single exam tests the applicant’s knowledge of “Good Practice Guidelines,” which are a wide-ranging, independently-developed collection of business continuity knowledge. Passing the exam also gives you certified membership into the BCI.
4.) ISO 22301 Certification
ISCO 22301 is one of the newest certifications within business continuity, having replaced the British Standards Institute BS 25999 in 2012. The new international standard is designed to help BC professionals to improve their development, implementation and management of BC efforts within their organizations.
The new standard is quickly gaining steam within the industry. According to the Business Continuity Institute’s 2016 Horizon Scan Report , 51 percent of organizations are now using ISO 22301 as a framework for business continuity management. Since this standard is internationally recognized, it is now recognized as a key certification, both in the U.S. and abroad. In larger organizations, it can be especially helpful in demonstrating your knowledge (and improving your confidence) when dealing with multiple groups of stakeholders.
5.) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600
Although NFPA 1600 originally only related to emergency management in the public sector, today the standard also encompasses BC activities within the private sector. Of course, fire is a key threat faced by most organizations, and it can be beneficial to learn from an organization that is primarily focused on fire protection.
This certification can be particularly helpful for BC professionals that operate in large, complex facilities with hundreds or even thousands of employees. The 2010 standard includes its own BCMS and “plan-do-check-act” framework.
What BC certifications do you currently hold? Which are you prioritizing as your next one to achieve?
Use a Risk Assessment to Prioritize the Issues you Need to Manage
Build a Crisis Management Plan Using These 4 Key Steps
You Don’t Need Just a Plan
‘Hire-from-Home’ is the New Business Continuity Threat
- In Case of Crisis 365 Overview
- Terms of Service