- For a new problem, you will need to begin a new live expert session.
- You can contact support with any questions regarding your current subscription.
- You will be able to enter math problems once our session is over.
- I am only able to help with one math problem per session. Which problem would you like to work on?
- Does that make sense?
- I am currently working on this problem.
- Are you still there?
- It appears we may have a connection issue. I will end the session - please reconnect if you still need assistance.
- Let me take a look...
- Can you please send an image of the problem you are seeing in your book or homework?
- If you click on "Tap to view steps..." you will see the steps are now numbered. Which step # do you have a question on?
- Please make sure you are in the correct subject. To change subjects, please exit out of this live expert session and select the appropriate subject from the menu located in the upper left corner of the Mathway screen.
- What are you trying to do with this input?
- While we cover a very wide range of problems, we are currently unable to assist with this specific problem. I spoke with my team and we will make note of this for future training. Is there a different problem you would like further assistance with?
- Mathway currently does not support this subject. We are more than happy to answer any math specific question you may have about this problem.
- Mathway currently does not support Ask an Expert Live in Chemistry. If this is what you were looking for, please contact support.
- Mathway currently only computes linear regressions.
- We are here to assist you with your math questions. You will need to get assistance from your school if you are having problems entering the answers into your online assignment.
- Phone support is available Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-10:00PM ET. You may speak with a member of our customer support team by calling 1-800-876-1799.
- Have a great day!
- Hope that helps!
- You're welcome!
Please ensure that your password is at least 8 characters and contains each of the following:
- a special character: @$#!%*?&
Free Printable Math Worksheets for Algebra 2
Created with infinite algebra 2, stop searching. create the worksheets you need with infinite algebra 2..
- Fast and easy to use
- Multiple-choice & free-response
- Never runs out of questions
- Multiple-version printing
Free 14-Day Trial
- Order of operations
- Evaluating expressions
- Simplifying algebraic expressions
- Multi-step equations
- Work word problems
- Distance-rate-time word problems
- Mixture word problems
- Absolute value equations
- Multi-step inequalities
- Compound inequalities
- Absolute value inequalities
- Discrete relations
- Continuous relations
- Evaluating and graphing functions
- Review of linear equations
- Graphing absolute value functions
- Graphing linear inequalities
- Direct and inverse variation
- Systems of two linear inequalities
- Systems of two equations
- Systems of two equations, word problems
- Points in three dimensions
- Systems of three equations, elimination
- Systems of three equations, substitution
- Basic matrix operations
- Matrix multiplication
- All matrix operations combined
- Matrix inverses
- Geometric transformations with matrices
- Operations with complex numbers
- Properties of complex numbers
- Rationalizing imaginary denominators
- Properties of parabolas
- Vertex form
- Graphing quadratic inequalities
- Factoring quadratic expressions
- Solving quadratic equations w/ square roots
- Solving quadratic equations by factoring
- Completing the square
- Solving equations by completing the square
- Solving equations with the quadratic formula
- The discriminant
- Naming and simple operations
- Factoring a sum/difference of cubes
- Factoring by grouping
- Factoring quadratic form
- Factoring using all techniques
- Factors and Zeros
- The Remainder Theorem
- Irrational and Imaginary Root Theorems
- Descartes' Rule of Signs
- More on factors, zeros, and dividing
- The Rational Root Theorem
- Polynomial equations
- Basic shape of graphs of polynomials
- Graphing polynomial functions
- The Binomial Theorem
- Evaluating functions
- Function operations
- Inverse functions
- Simplifying radicals
- Operations with radical expressions
- Dividing radical expressions
- Radicals and rational exponents
- Simplifying rational exponents
- Square root equations
- Rational exponent equations
- Graphing radicals
- Graphing & properties of parabolas
- Equations of parabolas
- Graphing & properties of circles
- Equations of circles
- Graphing & properties of ellipses
- Equations of ellipses
- Graphing & properties of hyperbolas
- Equations of hyperbolas
- Classifying conic sections
- Systems of quadratic equations
- Graphing simple rational functions
- Graphing general rational functions
- Simplifying rational expressions
- Multiplying / dividing rational expressions
- Adding / subtracting rational expressions
- Complex fractions
- Solving rational equations
- The meaning of logarithms
- Properties of logarithms
- The change of base formula
- Writing logs in terms of others
- Logarithmic equations
- Inverse functions and logarithms
- Exponential equations not requiring logarithms
- Exponential equations requiring logarithms
- Graphing logarithms
- Graphing exponential functions
- Discrete exponential growth and decay word problems
- Continuous exponential growth and decay word problems
- General sequences
- Arithmetic sequences
- Geometric sequences
- Comparing Arithmetic/Geometric Sequences
- General series
- Arithmetic series
- Arithmetic/Geometric Means w/ Sequences
- Finite geometric series
- Infinite geometric series
- Right triangle trig: Evaluating ratios
- Right triangle trig: Missing sides/angles
- Angles and angle measure
- Co-terminal angles and reference angles
- Arc length and sector area
- Trig ratios of general angles
- Exact trig ratios of important angles
- The Law of Sines
- The Law of Cosines
- Graphing trig functions
- Translating trig functions
- Angle Sum/Difference Identities
- Double-/Half-Angle Identities
- Sample spaces and The Counting Principle
- Independent and dependent events
- Mutualy exclusive events
- Permutations vs combinations
- Probability using permutations and combinations
Algebra 2 Worksheets with answer keys
Enjoy these free printable math worksheets . Each one has model problems worked out step by step, practice problems, as well as challenge questions at the sheets end. Plus each one comes with an answer key.
- Absolute Value Equations
- Simplify Imaginary Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Complex Numbers
- Multiplying Complex Numbers
- Dividing Complex Numbers
- Dividing Complex Number (advanced)
- End of Unit, Review Sheet
- Exponential Growth (no answer key on this one, sorry)
- Compound Interest Worksheet #1 (no logs)
- Compound Interest Worksheet (logarithms required)
- Simplify Rational Exponents
- Solve Equations with Rational Exponents
- Solve Equations with variables in Exponents
- Factor by Grouping
- 1 to 1 functions
- Evaluating Functions
- Composition of Functions
- Inverse Functions
- Operations with Functions
- Functions Review Worksheet
- Product Rule of Logarithms
- Power Rule of Logarithms
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms
- Logarithmic Equations Worksheet
- Dividing Polynomials Worksheet
- Solve Quadratic Equations by Factoring
- Solve Quadratic Equations by Completing the Square
- Quadratic formula Worksheet (real solutions)
- Quadratic Formula Worksheet (complex solutions)
- Quadratic Formula Worksheet (both real and complex solutions)
- Discriminant Worksheet
- Sum and Product of Roots
- Radical Equations
- Rationalizing the Denominator
- Simplify Rational Expressions Worksheet
- Dividing Rational Expressions
- Multiplying Rational Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions (with like denominators)
- Adding and Subtracting Ratioal Expressions with Unlike Denominators
- Mixed Review on Rational Expressions
Ultimate Math Solver (Free) Free Algebra Solver ... type anything in there!
Popular pages @ mathwarehouse.com.
- + ACCUPLACER Mathematics
- + ACT Mathematics
- + AFOQT Mathematics
- + ALEKS Tests
- + ASVAB Mathematics
- + ATI TEAS Math Tests
- + Common Core Math
- + DAT Math Tests
- + FSA Tests
- + FTCE Math
- + GED Mathematics
- + Georgia Milestones Assessment
- + GRE Quantitative Reasoning
- + HiSET Math Exam
- + HSPT Math
- + ISEE Mathematics
- + PARCC Tests
- + Praxis Math
- + PSAT Math Tests
- + PSSA Tests
- + SAT Math Tests
- + SBAC Tests
- + SIFT Math
- + SSAT Math Tests
- + STAAR Tests
- + TABE Tests
- + TASC Math
- + TSI Mathematics
- + ACT Math Worksheets
- + Accuplacer Math Worksheets
- + AFOQT Math Worksheets
- + ALEKS Math Worksheets
- + ASVAB Math Worksheets
- + ATI TEAS 6 Math Worksheets
- + FTCE General Math Worksheets
- + GED Math Worksheets
- + 3rd Grade Mathematics Worksheets
- + 4th Grade Mathematics Worksheets
- + 5th Grade Mathematics Worksheets
- + 6th Grade Math Worksheets
- + 7th Grade Mathematics Worksheets
- + 8th Grade Mathematics Worksheets
- + 9th Grade Math Worksheets
- + HiSET Math Worksheets
- + HSPT Math Worksheets
- + ISEE Middle-Level Math Worksheets
- + PERT Math Worksheets
- + Praxis Math Worksheets
- + PSAT Math Worksheets
- + SAT Math Worksheets
- + SIFT Math Worksheets
- + SSAT Middle Level Math Worksheets
- + 7th Grade STAAR Math Worksheets
- + 8th Grade STAAR Math Worksheets
- + THEA Math Worksheets
- + TABE Math Worksheets
- + TASC Math Worksheets
- + TSI Math Worksheets
- + AFOQT Math Course
- + ALEKS Math Course
- + ASVAB Math Course
- + ATI TEAS 6 Math Course
- + CHSPE Math Course
- + FTCE General Knowledge Course
- + GED Math Course
- + HiSET Math Course
- + HSPT Math Course
- + ISEE Upper Level Math Course
- + SHSAT Math Course
- + SSAT Upper-Level Math Course
- + PERT Math Course
- + Praxis Core Math Course
- + SIFT Math Course
- + 8th Grade STAAR Math Course
- + TABE Math Course
- + TASC Math Course
- + TSI Math Course
- + Number Properties Puzzles
- + Algebra Puzzles
- + Geometry Puzzles
- + Intelligent Math Puzzles
- + Ratio, Proportion & Percentages Puzzles
- + Other Math Puzzles
Algebra 2 Worksheets: FREE & Printable
Looking for free printable Algebra 2 worksheets and exercises to help you or your students prepare for the Algebra 2 test?
Want Algebra 2 practice questions and activities to measure your exam readiness? Need comprehensive Algebra 2 worksheets to help your students learn Algebra 2 concepts and topics? If so, then look no further.
Here is a perfect and comprehensive collection of FREE Algebra 2 worksheets that would help you or your students in Algebra 2 preparation and practice.
Download our free Mathematics worksheets for the Algebra 2 test.
Hope you enjoy it!
IMPORTANT: COPYRIGHT TERMS: Worksheets may not be uploaded to the internet, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. You can download the worksheets and print as many as you need. You can distribute the printed copies to your students, teachers, tutors, and friends.
You Do NOT have permission to send these worksheets to anyone in any way (via email, text messages, or other ways). They MUST download the worksheets themselves. You can send the address of this page to your students, tutors, friends, etc.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the Algebra 2 Test
Algebra II for Beginners The Ultimate Step by Step Guide to Acing Algebra II
Algebra 2 concepts, fundamentals and building blocks.
- Order of Operations
- Scientific Notation
- Exponents Operations
- Evaluating Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
Equations and Inequalities
- One–Step Equations
- Multi–Step Equations
- Graphing Single–Variable Inequalities
- One–Step Inequalities
- Multi-Step Inequalities
System of Equations and Quadratic
- Systems of Equations
- Systems of Equations Word Problems
- Systems of 3 Variable Equations
- Solving a Quadratic Equation
- Quadratic Formula and the Discriminant
- Solving Quadratic Inequalities
- Graphing Quadratic Functions
- Adding and Subtracting Complex Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing Complex Numbers
- Graphing Complex Numbers
- Rationalizing Imaginary Denominators
- Adding and Subtracting Matrices
- Matrix Multiplication
- Finding Determinants of a Matrix
- Finding Inverse of a Matrix
- Matrix Equations
- Writing Polynomials in Standard Form
- Simplifying Polynomial Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Multiplying Monomials
- Multiplying and Dividing Monomials
- Multiplying a Polynomial and a Monomial
- Multiplying Binomials
- Factoring Trinomials
- Operations with Polynomials
- Evaluating Function
- Adding and Subtracting Functions
- Multiplying and Dividing Functions
- Composition of Functions
- Rewriting Logarithms
- Evalu ating Logarithms
- Properties of Logarithms
- Natural Logarithms
- Exponential Equations and Logarithms
- Solving Logarithmic Equations
- Simplifying Radical Expressions
- Multiplying Radical Expressions
- Simplifying Radical Expressions Involving Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Radical Expressions
- Domain and Range of Radical Functions
- Solving Radical Equations
- Simplifying and Graphing Rational Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
- Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
- Solving Rational Equations and Complex Fractions
- Finding the Equation of a Parabola
- Finding the Focus, Vertex, and Directrix of a Parabola
- Writing the Equation of a Hyperbola in Standard Form
- Classifying a Conic Section (in Standard Form)
- Trig Ratios of General Angles
- Sketch Each Angle in Standard Position
- Finding Co-Terminal Angles and Reference Angles
- Angles and Angle Measure
- Evaluating Trigonometric Functions
- Missing Sides and Angles of a Right Triangle
- Arc Length and Sector Area
Statistics and Probabilities
- Probability Problems
- Combinations and Permutations
Sequences and Series
- Arithmetic Sequences
- Geometric Sequences
- Comparing Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences
- Finite Geometric Series
- Infinite Geometric Series
Algebra 2 Practice Questions
Fractions and decimals, real numbers and integers, proportions and ratios, algebraic expressions, linear functions, polynomials, exponents and radicals, solid figures.
Looking for the best resource to help you succeed on the Algebra 2 test?
The Best Books to Ace the Algebra 2 Test
High School Algebra II A Comprehensive Review and Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering Algebra II
Algebra ii exercise book student workbook, algebra ii workbook comprehensive activities for mastering essential math skills.
by: Reza about 3 years ago (category: Blog , Free Math Worksheets )
Reza is an experienced Math instructor and a test-prep expert who has been tutoring students since 2008. He has helped many students raise their standardized test scores--and attend the colleges of their dreams. He works with students individually and in group settings, he tutors both live and online Math courses and the Math portion of standardized tests. He provides an individualized custom learning plan and the personalized attention that makes a difference in how students view math.
Related to This Article
More math articles.
- Top 10 Tips to Overcome AFOQT Math Anxiety
- 3rd Grade RISE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- What Kind of Math Is on the Praxis Core Test?
- How to Graph Transformation on the Coordinate Plane: Rotation?
- Other Topics Puzzle – Challenge 98
- 6th Grade SBAC Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Use Area Models to Multiply One-Digit Numbers By Up to 4-digit Numbers
- FREE 7th Grade FSA Math Practice Test
- How to Piece Together Areas: Compound Figures with Triangles, Semicircles, and Quarter Circles
What people say about "Algebra 2 Worksheets: FREE & Printable - Effortless Math: We Help Students Learn to LOVE Mathematics"?
No one replied yet.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Algebra I Practice Workbook The Most Comprehensive Review of Algebra 1
Algebra ii practice workbook the most comprehensive review of algebra 2, the ultimate algebra bundle from pre-algebra to algebra ii, kap algebra i for beginners the ultimate step by step guide to acing kap algebra i, algebra i for beginners the ultimate step by step guide to acing algebra i, algebra i workbook the most comprehensive review for the algebra i course, clep college algebra preparation 2020 – 2021 clep college algebra workbook + 2 full-length clep college algebra practice tests, pre-algebra for beginners the ultimate step by step guide to preparing for the pre-algebra test, comprehensive pre-algebra practice book 2020 – 2021 complete coverage of all pre-algebra concepts, pre-algebra workbook 2020 – 2021 the most comprehensive review for the pre-algebra course, pre-algebra preparation 2020 – 2021 pre-algebra workbook, basic math and pre-algebra a comprehensive review and step-by-step guide to mastering pre-algebra, pre-algebra prep 2020-2021 the most comprehensive review and ultimate guide to the pre-algebra test, arithmetic and pre-algebra in 30 days the ultimate crash course to preparing for arithmetic and pre-algebra.
- ATI TEAS 6 Math
- ISEE Upper Level Math
- SSAT Upper-Level Math
- Praxis Core Math
- 8th Grade STAAR Math
Limited time only!
Save Over 51 %
It was $29.99 now it is $14.99
Login and use all of our services.
Effortless Math services are waiting for you. login faster!
Password will be generated automatically and sent to your email.
After registration you can change your password if you want.
- Math Worksheets
- Math Courses
- Math Topics
- Math Puzzles
- Math eBooks
- GED Math Books
- HiSET Math Books
- ACT Math Books
- ISEE Math Books
- ACCUPLACER Books
- Premium Membership
- Youtube Videos
- Google Play
- Apple Store
Effortless Math provides unofficial test prep products for a variety of tests and exams. All trademarks are property of their respective trademark owners.
- Bulk Orders
- Refund Policy
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Unit 1: Algebra foundations
Unit 2: solving equations & inequalities, unit 3: working with units, unit 4: linear equations & graphs, unit 5: forms of linear equations, unit 6: systems of equations, unit 7: inequalities (systems & graphs), unit 8: functions, unit 9: sequences, unit 10: absolute value & piecewise functions, unit 11: exponents & radicals, unit 12: exponential growth & decay, unit 13: quadratics: multiplying & factoring, unit 14: quadratic functions & equations, unit 15: irrational numbers, unit 16: creativity in algebra.
Algebra Homework Center
What do you want to calculate.
- Solve for Variable
- Practice Mode
Examples: 1+2 , 1/3+1/4 , 2^3 * 2^2 (x+1)(x+2) (Simplify Example), 2x^2+2y @ x=5, y=3 (Evaluate Example) y=x^2+1 (Graph Example), 4x+2=2(x+6) (Solve Example)
Algebra Calculator is a calculator that gives step-by-step help on algebra problems. See More Examples »
Disclaimer: This calculator is not perfect. Please use at your own risk, and please alert us if something isn't working. Thank you.
How to Use the Calculator
Type your algebra problem into the text box.
For example, enter 3x+2=14 into the text box to get a step-by-step explanation of how to solve 3x+2=14.
Calculator Examples »
If you would like to create your own math expressions, here are some symbols that the calculator understands:
Calculator Tutorial »
Get the MathPapa mobile app! It works offline!
Feedback (For students 13+)
Please use this feedback form to send your feedback. Thanks!
Need more practice problems? Try MathPapa Math Practice
More Examples »
Back to Algebra Calculator »
Share this page
- 1.1 Use the Language of Algebra
- 1.2 Integers
- 1.3 Fractions
- 1.4 Decimals
- 1.5 Properties of Real Numbers
- Key Concepts
- 2.1 Use a General Strategy to Solve Linear Equations
- 2.2 Use a Problem Solving Strategy
- 2.3 Solve a Formula for a Specific Variable
- 2.4 Solve Mixture and Uniform Motion Applications
- 2.5 Solve Linear Inequalities
- 2.6 Solve Compound Inequalities
- 2.7 Solve Absolute Value Inequalities
- 3.1 Graph Linear Equations in Two Variables
- 3.2 Slope of a Line
- 3.3 Find the Equation of a Line
- 3.4 Graph Linear Inequalities in Two Variables
- 3.5 Relations and Functions
- 3.6 Graphs of Functions
- 4.1 Solve Systems of Linear Equations with Two Variables
- 4.2 Solve Applications with Systems of Equations
- 4.3 Solve Mixture Applications with Systems of Equations
- 4.4 Solve Systems of Equations with Three Variables
- 4.5 Solve Systems of Equations Using Matrices
- 4.6 Solve Systems of Equations Using Determinants
- 4.7 Graphing Systems of Linear Inequalities
- 5.1 Add and Subtract Polynomials
- 5.2 Properties of Exponents and Scientific Notation
- 5.3 Multiply Polynomials
- 5.4 Dividing Polynomials
- Introduction to Factoring
- 6.1 Greatest Common Factor and Factor by Grouping
- 6.2 Factor Trinomials
- 6.3 Factor Special Products
- 6.4 General Strategy for Factoring Polynomials
- 6.5 Polynomial Equations
- 7.1 Multiply and Divide Rational Expressions
- 7.2 Add and Subtract Rational Expressions
- 7.3 Simplify Complex Rational Expressions
- 7.4 Solve Rational Equations
- 7.5 Solve Applications with Rational Equations
- 7.6 Solve Rational Inequalities
- 8.1 Simplify Expressions with Roots
- 8.2 Simplify Radical Expressions
- 8.3 Simplify Rational Exponents
- 8.4 Add, Subtract, and Multiply Radical Expressions
- 8.5 Divide Radical Expressions
- 8.6 Solve Radical Equations
- 8.7 Use Radicals in Functions
- 8.8 Use the Complex Number System
- 9.1 Solve Quadratic Equations Using the Square Root Property
- 9.2 Solve Quadratic Equations by Completing the Square
- 9.3 Solve Quadratic Equations Using the Quadratic Formula
- 9.4 Solve Equations in Quadratic Form
- 9.5 Solve Applications of Quadratic Equations
- 9.6 Graph Quadratic Functions Using Properties
- 9.7 Graph Quadratic Functions Using Transformations
- 9.8 Solve Quadratic Inequalities
- 10.1 Finding Composite and Inverse Functions
- 10.2 Evaluate and Graph Exponential Functions
- 10.3 Evaluate and Graph Logarithmic Functions
- 10.4 Use the Properties of Logarithms
- 10.5 Solve Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
- 11.1 Distance and Midpoint Formulas; Circles
- 11.2 Parabolas
- 11.3 Ellipses
- 11.4 Hyperbolas
- 11.5 Solve Systems of Nonlinear Equations
- 12.1 Sequences
- 12.2 Arithmetic Sequences
- 12.3 Geometric Sequences and Series
- 12.4 Binomial Theorem
18 x + 30 18 x + 30
3 − 2 n 3 − 2 n
2 x − 6 2 x − 6
w − 3 w − 3
0.35 x + 0.4 0.35 x + 0.4
2 c + 3 2 c + 3
15 15 is greater than x x .
15 < x 15 < x
2 5 x + 4 2 5 x + 4
− x + 4 − x + 4
a. >; b. >; c. >; d. >
m = 2 m = 2
a = 0 a = 0
u = 2 u = 2
x = 4 x = 4
p = −2 p = −2
q = −8 q = −8
y = − 17 5 y = − 17 5
z = 0 z = 0
identity; all real numbers
conditional equation; q = − 9 11 q = − 9 11
conditional equation; k = 201 14 k = 201 14
contradiction; no solution
x = 1 2 x = 1 2
x = −2 x = −2
x = 12 x = 12
u = −12 u = −12
n = 2 n = 2
m = −1 m = −1
r = 1 r = 1
s = −8 s = −8
n = 9 n = 9
d = 16 d = 16
He bought two notebooks.
He did seven crosswords puzzles.
−15 , −8 −15 , −8
−29 , 11 −29 , 11
−33 , −32 , −31 −33 , −32 , −31
−13 , −12 , −11 −13 , −12 , −11
−10 , −8 , −6 −10 , −8 , −6
The average cost was $5,000.
The median price was $19,300.
ⓐ 36 ⓑ $26 ⓒ 125 % 125 %
ⓐ 33 ⓑ $36 ⓐ 175 % 175 %
8.8 % 8.8 %
ⓐ $600 ⓑ $1,800
ⓐ $2,975 ⓑ $11,475
He will earn $2,500.
She earned $7,020.
The rate of simple interest was 6%.
The rate of simple interest was 5.5%.
He paid $17,590.
She deposited $9,600.
b = 2 A h b = 2 A h
h = 2 A b h = 2 A b
C = 5 9 ( F − 32 ) C = 5 9 ( F − 32 )
b = 2 A − B h h b = 2 A − B h h
t = A − P P r t = A − P P r
r = A − P P t r = A − P P t
y = 9 − 4 x 7 y = 9 − 4 x 7
y = 1 − 5 x 8 y = 1 − 5 x 8
The window’s height is 12 meters.
The length of the base is 6 feet.
The measures of the angles are 20°, 70°, and 90°.
The measures of the angles are 30°, 60°, and 90°.
The length of the leg is 8.
The length of the leg is 12.
The length is 39 inches and the width is 16 inches.
The length is 17 yards and the width is 26 yards.
The lengths of the sides of the triangle are 5, 11 and 12 inches.
The lengths of the sides of the triangle are 4, 7 and 9 feet.
The length of the swimming pool is 70 feet and the width is 30 feet.
The length of the garden is 90 yards and the width is 60 yards.
The ladder reaches 12 feet.
He should attach the lights 8 feet from the base of the mast.
Jess has 41 nickels and 18 quarters.
Elane has 22 nickels and 59 dimes.
Eric bought thirty-two 49-cent stamps and twelve 35-cent stamps.
Kailee bought twenty-six 49-cent stamps and ten 20-cent stamps.
84 adult tickets, 31 student tickets
615 children’s tickets and 195 adult tickets
Orlando mixed five pounds of cereal squares and 25 pounds of nuts.
Becca mixed 21 gallons of fruit punch and seven gallons of soda.
The speed of the local train is 48 mph and the speed of the express train is 60 mph.
Jeromy drove at a speed of 80 mph and his mother drove 60 mph.
Christopher’s speed was 50 mph and his parents’ speed was 40 mph.
Ashley’s parents drove 55 mph and Ashley drove 62 mph.
Pierre and Monique will be 429 miles apart in 3 hours.
Thanh and Nhat will be 330 miles apart in 2.2 hours.
Suzy’s speed uphill is 1.8 1.8 mph and downhill is three mph.
The boat’s speed upstream is eight mph and downstream is12 mph.
Hamilton drove 40 mph in the city and 70 mph in the desert.
Phuong rode uphill at a speed of 12 mph and on the flat street at 20 mph.
Angie can buy 7 packs of juice.
Daniel can have 11 people at the party.
Sergio and Lizeth can travel no more than 500 miles.
Rameen can use no more than 76 therms.
Caleb must work at least 96 hours.
Elliot must work at least 85 jobs.
Brenda must babysit at least 27 hours.
Josue must shovel at least 20 driveways.
The homeowner can use 5–20 hcf and still fall within the “conservation usage” billing range.
The homeowner can use 16–40 hcf and still fall within the “normal usage” billing range.
ⓐ ± 2 ± 2 ⓑ no solution ⓒ 0
ⓐ ± 11 ± 11 ⓑ no solution ⓒ 0
x = 4 , x = − 2 3 x = 4 , x = − 2 3
x = −1 , x = 5 2 x = −1 , x = 5 2
x = 8 , x = 0 x = 8 , x = 0
x = 8 , x = 2 x = 8 , x = 2
x = − 2 5 , x = − 2 5 , x = 5 2 x = 5 2
x = 3 , x = 3 , x = 1 9 x = 1 9
The diameter of the rod can be between 79.991 and 80.009 mm.
The diameter of the rod can be between 74.95 and 75.05 mm.
Section 2.1 Exercises
y = 5 y = 5
w = −18 w = −18
q = 3 q = 3
x = 14 x = 14
c = 4 c = 4
c = 5 2 c = 5 2
y = −5 y = −5
s = 10 s = 10
p = −4 p = −4
c = −4 c = −4
h = 3 4 h = 3 4
m = 6 m = 6
conditional equation; j = 2 5 j = 2 5
conditional equation; m = 16 5 m = 16 5
x = −1 x = −1
y = −1 y = −1
a = 3 4 a = 3 4
w = 9 4 w = 9 4
b = 12 b = 12
p = −41 p = −41
x = − 5 2 x = − 5 2
n = −3 n = −3
u = 3 u = 3
x = 18 x = 18
x = 20 x = 20
d = 8 d = 8
L = 19.75 L = 19.75 feet
Answers will vary.
Section 2.2 Exercises
58 hardback books
−11 , −12 , −13 −11 , −12 , −13
−69 , −71 , −73 −69 , −71 , −73
ⓐ 54 ⓑ 108 ⓐ 30%
ⓐ 162.5 162.5 ⓑ $35 ⓐ 150%
$ 11.88 $ 11.88
−2.5 % −2.5 %
−11 % −11 %
ⓐ $ 26.97 $ 26.97 ⓑ $ 17.98 $ 17.98
ⓐ $576 ⓑ 30%
ⓐ $ 7.20 $ 7.20 ⓑ $ 23.20 $ 23.20
ⓐ $ 0.20 $ 0.20 ⓑ $ 0.80 $ 0.80
3.75 % 3.75 %
21.2 % 21.2 %
Section 2.3 Exercises
d = C π d = C π
L = V W H L = V W H
d 1 = 2 A d 2 d 1 = 2 A d 2
b 1 = 2 A h − b 2 b 1 = 2 A h − b 2
a = 2 h − 108 t t 2 a = 2 h − 108 t t 2
a = 180 − b − c a = 180 − b − c
p = 2 A − 2 B l p = 2 A − 2 B l
L = P − 2 W 2 L = P − 2 W 2
y = 15 − 8 x y = 15 − 8 x
y = −6 + 4 x y = −6 + 4 x
y = 4 + x y = 4 + x
y = 7 − 4 x 3 y = 7 − 4 x 3
y = 12 − 2 x 3 y = 12 − 2 x 3
y = 18 − 3 x −2 y = 18 − 3 x −2
45 ° , 45 ° , 90 ° 45 ° , 45 ° , 90 °
30 ° , 60 ° , 90 ° 30 ° , 60 ° , 90 °
18 meters, 11 meters
13.5 13.5 m, 12.8 12.8 m
25 ft, 50 ft
12 ft, 13 ft, 14 ft
3 ft, 6 ft, 8 ft
120 yd, 160 yd
40 ft, 85 ft
104 ° F 104 ° F
ⓐ Answers will vary. ⓑ The areas are the same. The 2 × 8 2 × 8 rectangle has a larger perimeter than the 4 × 4 4 × 4 square. ⓒ Answers will vary.
Section 2.4 Exercises
nine nickels, 16 dimes
ten $10 bills, five $5 bills
63 dimes, 20 quarters
16 nickels, 12 dimes, seven quarters
330 day passes, 367 tournament passes
40 postcards, 100 stamps
15 $10 shares, five $12 shares
34 general, 61 youth
114 general, 246 student
Four pounds of macadamia nuts, eight pounds almonds
3.6 3.6 lbs Bermuda seed, 5.4 5.4 lbs Fescue seed
$33,000 in Fund A, $22,000 in Fund B
5.9 % 5.9 %
Kathy 5 mph, Cheryl 3 mph
commercial 550 mph, private plane 340 mph
Violet 65 mph, Charlie 55 mph
Ethan 22 mph, Leo 16 mph
DaMarcus 16 mph, Fabian 22 mph
uphill 1.6 1.6 mph, downhill 4.8 4.8 mph
light traffic 54 mph, heavy traffic 30 mph
freeway 67 mph, mountain road 22.3 mph
running eight mph, walking three mph
ⓐ 15 minutes ⓑ 20 minutes ⓒ one hour (d) 1:25
Section 2.5 Exercises
A maximum of 14 people can safely ride in the elevator.
Section 2.6 Exercises
5 ≤ n ≤ 24 5 ≤ n ≤ 24
6 ≤ w ≤ 12 6 ≤ w ≤ 12
ⓐ answers vary ⓑ answers vary
Section 2.7 Exercises
ⓐ x = 4 , x = −4 x = 4 , x = −4 ⓑ no solution ⓒ z = 0 z = 0
ⓐ x = 3 , x = −3 x = 3 , x = −3 ⓑ no solution ⓒ z = 0 z = 0
x = 1 , x = − 1 2 x = 1 , x = − 1 2
x = −1 , x = − 5 2 x = −1 , x = − 5 2
x = 7 , x = 1 x = 7 , x = 1
x = 1 , x = −5 x = 1 , x = −5
x = −1 , x = − 2 3 x = −1 , x = − 2 3
x = −3 , x = 3 x = −3 , x = 3
x = 2 , x = 1 4 x = 2 , x = 1 4
x = 3 , x = 2 x = 3 , x = 2
x = 3 , x = − 11 3 x = 3 , x = − 11 3
x = 3 2 , x = − 1 2 x = 3 2 , x = − 1 2
The minimum to maximum expected production is 207,500 to 2,225,000 bottles
The acceptable weight is 22.5 to 25.5 ounces.
s = −22 s = −22
m = −14 m = −14
q = 18 q = 18
k = 3 4 k = 3 4
k = 23 k = 23
x = 5 x = 5
There are 116 people.
−3 , −10 −3 , −10
$ 3.89 $ 3.89
ⓐ $105 ⓑ 52.5 % 52.5 %
d 2 = 2 A d 1 d 2 = 2 A d 1
y = 4 x 3 − 4 y = 4 x 3 − 4
22.5 ° , 67.5 ° , 90 ° 22.5 ° , 67.5 ° , 90 °
24.5 24.5 cm, 12.5 12.5 cm
9 ft, 14 ft, 12 ft
nine pennies, six dimes, 12 quarters
57 students, 68 general admission
2.2 2.2 lbs of raisins, 7.8 7.8 lbs of nuts
9.7 % 9.7 %
Louellen 65 mph, Tracy 66 mph
upstream 3 mph, downstream 5 mph
heavy traffic 32 mph, light traffic 68 mph
$33 per day
at least $300,000
at least 112 jobs
x = 2 , x = 2 3 x = 2 , x = 2 3
x = 9 , x = −3 x = 9 , x = −3
The minimum to maximum expected usage is 210,000 to 220,000 bottles
x = −5 x = −5
a = 41 a = 41
x = 6 x = 6
x = −2 , x = − 1 3 x = −2 , x = − 1 3
−57 , −55 −57 , −55
12 dimes, seven quarters
2.5 2.5 hours
At most $55.56 per costume.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Want to cite, share, or modify this book? This book uses the Creative Commons Attribution License and you must attribute OpenStax.
Access for free at https://openstax.org/books/intermediate-algebra-2e/pages/1-introduction
- Authors: Lynn Marecek, Andrea Honeycutt Mathis
- Publisher/website: OpenStax
- Book title: Intermediate Algebra 2e
- Publication date: May 6, 2020
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Book URL: https://openstax.org/books/intermediate-algebra-2e/pages/1-introduction
- Section URL: https://openstax.org/books/intermediate-algebra-2e/pages/chapter-2
© Jul 7, 2023 OpenStax. Textbook content produced by OpenStax is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License . The OpenStax name, OpenStax logo, OpenStax book covers, OpenStax CNX name, and OpenStax CNX logo are not subject to the Creative Commons license and may not be reproduced without the prior and express written consent of Rice University.